: New member & have a question regaurding remote start/ heat!

luxurylife33
10-29-08, 01:10 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Dan and just bought a MINT 03 Escalade EXT (white) with 74k miles for $14000. I have been an active member of some honda forums for the past 4 years, but I made the switch over to Cadillac!

Anyway, I bought my EXT with a "AutoPage" remote start system, everything works great. Only problem is you have to turn the heat on manually once you get in the car. For instance, I want the car to remotley start and the heat to kick on.... is this possible without being in the car? I know the alarm has an AUX button, would it be possible to connect the AUX output to turn the heat on? Also the heated seats must be turned on manually once inside the car, i would like to turn the heated seats on also!

I dont see the point in remote start without the heat turning on :(

Lu Scola
10-29-08, 01:21 PM
Alot of the newer cars have a digital climate control unit. Some of the older models which had knobs that you could have left turned on for the heat to kick on when using the remote start. The ggod thing is that your engine will already be warmed up and the heat will kick in faster when you do get in. Its definitly alot faster than a cold start running the heat. I dont know of any fixes for this.

luxurylife33
10-29-08, 01:40 PM
Alot of the newer cars have a digital climate control unit. Some of the older models which had knobs that you could have left turned on for the heat to kick on when using the remote start. The ggod thing is that your engine will already be warmed up and the heat will kick in faster when you do get in. Its definitly alot faster than a cold start running the heat. I dont know of any fixes for this.

:(

Yea i have the digital climate control that must turn on. I wish there was a way to remotley turn the heat on.... has anyone tryed hooking up the AUX channel to the heat to turn it on?

I guess your right that the heat should turn right on though so that cool.

Guyz1996deville
10-29-08, 02:52 PM
Maybe you could turn on the rear heater on top of your console. At least you will have some heat cranking when you get in. I have a valet with remote start and I don't have a problem. Maybe it was something with the install.

bstiffmanofsteel
10-29-08, 03:27 PM
I have an 02 with the Autopage. If you have the model I have, CS RS900LCD they can add a module which will allow you to control the heat, but not the seats. Also you can get a module to roll down your windows! FYI you can also add a motion detector(microwave transmitter) so you can leave your windows rolled down when its hot... Autopageusa.com

luxurylife33
10-29-08, 08:47 PM
Maybe you could turn on the rear heater on top of your console. At least you will have some heat cranking when you get in. I have a valet with remote start and I don't have a problem. Maybe it was something with the install.

The problem is the digital climate control, there are no knobs to be left "on" .... I dont know what kind of car you have, im guessing a 96 deville, prob doesnt have the digital heat control that has to be turned on.

The heat and alarm both work 100%, its just the fact you have to manually press the button while your in the car.

Thanks for the info everyone!

bigksone
10-29-08, 09:04 PM
The problem is the digital climate control, there are no knobs to be left "on" .... I dont know what kind of car you have, im guessing a 96 deville, prob doesnt have the digital heat control that has to be turned on.

The heat and alarm both work 100%, its just the fact you have to manually press the button while your in the car.

Thanks for the info everyone!

He's talking about the knobs on the console above the rear view mirror. The controls for the ac/heat for the rear passangers.

Lu Scola
10-30-08, 06:49 PM
The 2003 Escalade doesnt have rear ac knobs above rear view mirror. At least mine dont. My rear air is digitaly controlled in the rear built into the back of the center console.

bigksone
10-30-08, 07:02 PM
The 2003 Escalade doesnt have rear ac knobs above rear view mirror. At least mine dont. My rear air is digitaly controlled in the rear built into the back of the center console.

Oh - Ok. MY 04 has digital controls on the back of the center console and the knobs over the rear view.

Lu Scola
10-30-08, 10:35 PM
Bigksone- I got your keypad out today. You should get in in a few days.

Povich
10-31-08, 03:01 AM
Hey what the! My ext doesnt have rear controls at all its all controlled thru front! Was that an option? I got ripped LOL! Sorry to jack thread! Anyway U should , as stated earlier be able to buy an addon that will let u have ur heat kick on with remote strt!

ggcr
10-31-08, 03:04 PM
My 03 escalade has the rear ac knobs above the rear view mirror. Im sure you would be able to turn on your heated seat via the aux on your alarm. Check out 12volt forum www.the12volt.com

bigksone
10-31-08, 05:31 PM
Bigksone- I got your keypad out today. You should get in in a few days.

Thanks Lu.