: Impromptu Jersey Meet 11/01/08...

thebigjimsho
10-29-08, 11:54 AM
So the Jersey guys are bitching about not doing anything and I'm expected to drive down there. Well, I'm game. But I'm limited in my time. So since I like Sonic Drive-Ins, anyone want to meet at the Sonic on Rte 9 in Waretown, NJ this Saturday afternoon?

If i came down, this would be my fall, leaf-peeping happy-go-fun day. I'd leave early morning and drive my favorite roads through the Berkshires and NW Connecticut, across the Bear Mountain Bridge and down the Palisades and onto South Jersey.

Then, we could meet up at Sonic and youse guise could either guide us through some South Jersey roads or we can just hang...whatever.

Anyone in NJ/NY/MD/DE/PA/CT/VA areas down to meet? Say 3PM?

rand49er
10-29-08, 12:00 PM
... Anyone in NJ/NY/MD/DE/PA/CT/VA areas down to meet? Say 3PM?You forgot /MI/.

That's okay ... can't make it anyway, but at least I bumped ya.

c4ss
10-29-08, 12:18 PM

That was a little farther than I was hoping to drive, but depending on feedback I may make the trip. I was hoping for a bit more north :suspense:

thebigjimsho
10-29-08, 12:27 PM
I'd be coming from the Boston area. No excuses...

ahahnu
10-29-08, 12:50 PM
I'm working...

trukk
10-29-08, 01:03 PM
I plan to be hung over on that date, thank you very much.

Make sure to invite MyK3N0ic3 though, he's a Jersey guy, right? :hide:

-Chris

hXc95SLS
10-29-08, 02:45 PM
Count me in man. Even if its just you and me lol

Twitch
10-29-08, 03:29 PM
Workin till 4. :(

thebigjimsho
10-29-08, 04:58 PM
Count me in man. Even if its just you and me lolWell...if no one else is going, I don't think I'm going to want to travel all that way. I'll keep this open until Friday and we'll see how it goes...

atdeneve
10-29-08, 05:27 PM
So the Jersey guys are bitching about not doing anything and I'm expected to drive down there. Well, I'm game. But I'm limited in my time. So since I like Sonic Drive-Ins, anyone want to meet at the Sonic on Rte 9 in Waretown, NJ this Saturday afternoon?

If i came down, this would be my fall, leaf-peeping happy-go-fun day. I'd leave early morning and drive my favorite roads through the Berkshires and NW Connecticut, across the Bear Mountain Bridge and down the Palisades and onto South Jersey.

Then, we could meet up at Sonic and youse guise could either guide us through some South Jersey roads or we can just hang...whatever.

I definitely wouldn't mind trailing you on some of your private back roads, but it's already a long ways to VIR.

CTSV_510
10-29-08, 09:43 PM
Looks like 2 hour drive for me, but I can probably make it in an hour and half ;) I'm not busy so I won't rule it out if enough people are down.

hXc95SLS
10-30-08, 01:29 PM
Looks like 2 hour drive for me, but I can probably make it in an hour and half ;) I'm not busy so I won't rule it out if enough people are down.

West Chester PA huh? I lived there while I went to school. I lived right off route three in Goshen Meadows. Where you from

CTSV_510
10-30-08, 05:18 PM
West Chester PA huh? I lived there while I went to school. I lived right off route three in Goshen Meadows. Where you from

I grew up here in West Chester in the neighborhood behind Glen Acres Elementary, went to East High School, and then WC University after a short stint at Drexel. I live in Exton now, but my business is right on Rt 3 across from Wiggins.

rand49er
10-30-08, 08:35 PM
Geez, yooz gize are as bad as us Detroit guys when it comes to getting together. :helpless:

One lame-ass excuse after another.

Slithering_Joe
10-30-08, 11:08 PM
I lived in West Chester for a while. Work at home in Jersey for a company in Exton, PA. Small world.

thebigjimsho
10-31-08, 01:33 AM
Well, that leaky strut that kept me from going to V-day II totally failed tonight. The V is undrivable. So it's a no-go for me this Saturday. Now, I've got to see if I'll get new struts before I put it away for the winter. Ah well...

hXc95SLS
10-31-08, 01:08 PM
Well, that leaky strut that kept me from going to V-day II totally failed tonight. The V is undrivable. So it's a no-go for me this Saturday. Now, I've got to see if I'll get new struts before I put it away for the winter. Ah well...

That sucks man

thebigjimsho
10-31-08, 01:33 PM
That sucks man
Well, I skipped the track day due to concerns about that leaky strut. I'm glad my fears were validated. And I'm glad I didn't get stuck all the way down there with a bad strut. So, at least that worked out.

Sorry I can't make it down...

hXc95SLS
10-31-08, 02:12 PM
Its ok man things happen. Im going anyway its close to my house and I love their smoothies :) If you dont mind me asking what strut was it that went?

Twitch
10-31-08, 02:35 PM
The only good thing about parts going bad, is when you start thinking about an upgrade. And if your not pressed for time, then you can really have some fun.
Figure six months till V-day III.
Good luck Jim :thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
10-31-08, 03:36 PM
Its ok man things happen. Im going anyway its close to my house and I love their smoothies :) If you dont mind me asking what strut was it that went?LF went.

thebigjimsho
10-31-08, 03:38 PM
Its ok man things happen. Im going anyway its close to my house and I love their smoothies :) If you dont mind me asking what strut was it that went?And the closest Sonic to me is in Nazareth, PA. Yours is 2nd or 3rd closest, DAMMIT!

thebigjimsho
10-31-08, 03:38 PM
The only good thing about parts going bad, is when you start thinking about an upgrade. And if your not pressed for time, then you can really have some fun.
Figure six months till V-day III.
Good luck Jim :thumbsup:Yeah, some adjustable QA1s do sound good...

rand49er
10-31-08, 03:41 PM
Bigjim, how did you become aware of it leaking? Did you see a spot on the floor? Just curious so I can watch for the same thing in the future.

Oh, and yeah, sorry this happened to you, but at least you caught it before you went off somewhere.

thebigjimsho
10-31-08, 03:49 PM
The last couple times I drove it, it was raining so i never noticed any leak on the floor. But you could see the outside of the strut was wet. But i didn't notice it until my shop made notice of it.

There was a light clunk as though a mount had gone bad. It did sit for a week until I drove it again last night. It immediately went to hell. Totally shot.

ahahnu
10-31-08, 03:52 PM
And the closest Sonic to me is in Nazareth, PA. Yours is 2nd or 3rd closest, DAMMIT!

I didn't even know there was one here.

My left front one went earlier this year as well. Def clunking noise, didn't notice the leak. I just assumed it was BigJim's super powers when he knows something is wrong.

thebigjimsho
10-31-08, 04:02 PM
I didn't even know there was one here.

My left front one went earlier this year as well. Def clunking noise, didn't notice the leak. I just assumed it was BigJim's super powers when he knows something is wrong.hehehe

Well, I knew something was wrong and I was thinking it may be time to get some UUC mounts. Got all winter to figure out what I want to get...

ahahnu
10-31-08, 04:25 PM
I can't wait to be able to leave it in the garage all winter. One maybe two more... We'll see how the economy goes this year.

thebigjimsho
10-31-08, 04:32 PM
I can't wait to be able to leave it in the garage all winter. One maybe two more... We'll see how the economy goes this year.Tis nice being able to own my own work vehicle...

FactoryFast
10-31-08, 11:59 PM
So is there a meet tommorrow? I have nothing going on...

hXc95SLS
11-02-08, 04:33 PM
So is there a meet tommorrow? I have nothing going on...

Anyone down for next saturday?? Same Sonic in Waretown same time 3pm

FactoryFast
11-02-08, 10:32 PM
Waretown is 2.5 hours from my house...thats about an hour more than im willing to drive.

hXc95SLS
11-03-08, 01:35 AM
Check the thread for "Roadcourse for fifty dollars" or someting along those lines. Its for next weekend at New Jersey Motorsprts Park