: Clean Slate

Murphyg
10-28-08, 11:21 PM
Ive been a member of this forum for many years. I believe its been just over 8
Ive seen it go through many changes. Some good and some bad.
Over the last couple of years the integrity of this forum has begun to concern me.
I believe it has to do with long time membership, too much comfort, and a misconceived sense as to whom really really owns this forum.

Over the last 2 years, Ive witnessed, As well as been a part of, Behavior that was never conceived of happening here just a few years back.

It sickens me to be a part of something so ugly that was once, that is still supposed to be, what we are all here for. To help each other with what we have in common.
For some reason it has become, (between certain members) it seems, some sort of a battle of wits and or stature. Is almost as though there are certain Cliques/groups here. There appears to be more then just Cadillac Owners. Its like there are Cadillac Owners, And then my friends on the forums that own Cadillacs Too

I have noticed over the years the loss of too many members that were once major contributors to this forum.
I am sure that some were from reasons beyond our owns control. But am also just as sure, that the rest for the reasons are of the fact, that the integrity of the site became too much for them.

I admit whole heartily that I myself have played a small role within this whole scenario.
But upon reflection of what Cadillac Forums and its Members has done for/ given to me............

I feel it is about time, before time is to late, to bring this forum back to its roots.

I am beginning on a clean slate. As a new member. As one whom has never been here before. As I believe we all should do for the integrity of the site.....For what we are all here for...............For Cadillac Owners.

:thehand::thehand:
If by chance there are members that still decide to be bigotry's towards..... then I will of course ...............

But I am hoping that that will finally cease and desist.

All and all for the integrity of the site, Its standing, and its longevity.

illumina
10-28-08, 11:36 PM
It's the internet. I seriously hope you're not getting your belly twisted over what someone on the freakin' internet says to you. I have been observing the things you believe are getting under your skin, and to be quite honest, it baffles even me how one, you included, gets so bent out of shape over the things written here.

Either way, deal with it and good luck with it all.

Murphyg
10-29-08, 12:08 AM
It's the internet. I seriously hope you're not getting your belly twisted over what someone on the freakin' internet says to you. I have been observing the things you believe are getting under your skin, and to be quite honest, it baffles even me how one, you included, gets so bent out of shape over the things written here.

Either way, deal with it and good luck with it all.

You obviously didnt get what I was saying here.

if I want to get something going with some one in a chat forum...If I want to get personal about beliefs and or opinions as to what country your from....there government and or political beliefs...what happened 10, 20, 30, 40 50 years ago.......then I will go to sites that discuss that.

It has nothing to do with things getting under my skin. As what you appear to believe. It has to do with the integrity of the site, forum .
I come here to View, Discuss, Learn, about my Cadillac....and do so in an intelligent and civilized manner.

At the moment we are in the lounge. But discussions go far beyond even a lounge discussion in the other forums/threads.
Racism is racism. Bigotry is bigotry.....and insults towards other members is frowned upon........also......as the rules state......

As I have been personally told.

Yes This Is The Internet....And No My Belly Has Not Been Twisted.
Im just concerned about this site. Why it was started. What It has done for all Cadillac owners, And where it is going to go.

If you believe that this site is just a bitch assed place to hang out and chat etc....etc......and if the owner of this site also believes so.......Then Im all for it.

I can come in here and talk shyte with the best of them. But I dont believe that that is the projected future for this site as you appear to have in mind.
I truly believe that the owners of this site have a lot higher aspirations for this site than you have.

If you want to talk shyte with me here in this site and the owners dont have a problem with it....then I dont either.
But I think the owners have another thing in mind.

93DevilleUSMC
10-29-08, 12:10 AM
Murphy, you contribute to a great deal of the insulting comments given on here, then you turn around and post a thread asking for a clean slate. Then you go back to insulting, then you want your slate again.

I agree, there has been a lot of stupid back-and-forth going on around here over the loast two years. I remember one thread where two guys where exchanging addresses and getting ready to kill each other because one of them din't know that an `80s FWB had a 4100. And I'm sure you've seen other examples of this.

My point is, you can't go around calling people mentally challenged and all of the other things you call people, then want a clean slate every time you do it.

Murphyg
10-29-08, 12:34 AM
Murphy, you contribute to a great deal of the insulting comments given on here, then you turn around and post a thread asking for a clean slate. Then you go back to insulting, then you want your slate again.

'................................................. ................................

I admitted that.... I said in my original post......

"Over the last 2 years, Ive witnessed, As well as been a part of, Behavior that was never conceived of happening here just a few years back."

I never asked for a clean slate for ME.
And I dont believe that I insulted illumina.
If anything I stated that I didnt believe that he understood what I was getting at. But I dont see any insult there.

"Again" I will admit ! That In no way and now how have I been innocent of the matter.

I dont know why you, "appear", to state, that I am attempting to try to hide some thing or cover something up.

I dont have any alternative motive.
I wasnt "Asking" for a clean slate.
All I said was that I was going to start with a clean slate. My hope is that it may rub off and become contagious. My hope is that Cadillac Forums will become again what it once used to be. A respectable site where respectable Cadillac owners are proud to be a part of.

Not just some kinda any old chat forum like all the rest. I was only thinkin about the integrity of the site and what the owners want it to continue to be.

But if the owners want it to continue with the way its becoming.....If the members are happy with the route its taking.....then so be it........

Whom should we ask first ? The members or the owners ?

93DevilleUSMC
10-29-08, 12:40 AM
I admitted that.... I said in my original post......

"Over the last 2 years, Ive witnessed, As well as been a part of, Behavior that was never conceived of happening here just a few years back."

I never asked for a clean slate for ME.
And I dont believe that I insulted illumina.
If anything I stated that I didnt believe that he understood what I was getting at. But I dont see any insult there.

"Again" I will admit ! That In no way and now how have I been innocent of the matter.

I dont know why you, "appear", to state, that I am attempting to try to hide some thing or cover something up.

I dont have any alternative motive.
I wasnt "Asking" for a clean slate.
All I said was that I was going to start with a clean slate. My hope is that it may rub off and become contagious. My hope is that Cadillac Forums will become again what it once used to be. A respectable site where respectable Cadillac owners are proud to be a part of.

Not just some kinda any old chat forum like all the rest. I was only thinkin about the integrity of the site and what the owners want it to continue to be.

But if the owners want it to continue with the way its becoming.....If the members are happy with the route its taking.....then so be it........

Whom should we ask first ? The members or the owners ?

I never said that you insulted Illumina, and I don't know where you got that one.

illumina
10-29-08, 12:44 AM
You obviously didnt get what I was saying here.

if I want to get something going with some one in a chat forum...If I want to get personal about beliefs and or opinions as to what country your from....there government and or political beliefs...what happened 10, 20, 30, 40 50 years ago.......then I will go to sites that discuss that.

It has nothing to do with things getting under my skin. As what you appear to believe. It has to do with the integrity of the site, forum .
I come here to View, Discuss, Learn, about my Cadillac....and do so in an intelligent and civilized manner.

At the moment we are in the lounge. But discussions go far beyond even a lounge discussion in the other forums/threads.
Racism is racism. Bigotry is bigotry.....and insults towards other members is frowned upon........also......as the rules state......

As I have been personally told.

Yes This Is The Internet....And No My Belly Has Not Been Twisted.
Im just concerned about this site. Why it was started. What It has done for all Cadillac owners, And where it is going to go.

If you believe that this site is just a bitch assed place to hang out and chat etc....etc......and if the owner of this site also believes so.......Then Im all for it.

I can come in here and talk shyte with the best of them. But I dont believe that that is the projected future for this site as you appear to have in mind.
I truly believe that the owners of this site have a lot higher aspirations for this site than you have.

If you want to talk shyte with me here in this site and the owners dont have a problem with it....then I dont either.
But I think the owners have another thing in mind.

You're obviously bent out of shape just by posting what you did in response as well as the original posting of the thread.

Here is a site designed to help the insulted internet user - http://www.live-counselor.com/

dkozloski
10-29-08, 12:54 AM
All it takes to maintain sweetness and light around here is to agree with every statement that Murphyg makes. The man gets his panties in a wad over philosophical issues that humans will never agree on. Almost anybody else is willing to let inconsequential matters peter out and die away. Murphyg has a compulsion to pursue the most chickenshit of details to the death. I can already see this thread sending him into orbit. Have a nice trip Murphyg.

93DevilleUSMC
10-29-08, 12:56 AM
All it takes to maintain sweetness and light around here is to agree with every statement that Murphyg makes. The man gets his panties in a wad over philosophical issues that humans will never agree on. Almost anybody else is willing to let inconsequential matters peter out and die away. Murphyg has a compulsion to pursue the most chickenshit details to the death. I can already see this thread sending him into orbit. Have a nice trip Murphyg.

Hahahaha we have a winner!

Murphyg
10-29-08, 01:29 AM
I dont understand why the people that have me on there ignore list continue to reply to my posts.
For some reason its not gotten. For some reason they want to ignore, but at the same time cant help but to antagonize and bring on what they really need.
If you really want to ignore me then ignore me. But if you really want to keep going then its up to you. I personally dont care either way.
But if you actually do stop....then Loski would be right and it would maintain sweetness and light around here by agreeing with Murphyg.
Wouldnt that be a conundrum ?!?

Either way. Im off the harsh talk and personal rude and crude insults.
Though at the same time will be quite vigilant as to the rules of the forum as reminded to me by the forum administrators by making them aware of the actions of other members.

93DevilleUSMC
10-29-08, 01:34 AM
I never put you there. But since you remain impervious to logic, I'm content to leave you there.

dkozloski
10-29-08, 01:53 AM
Murphyg, you might do like some others do and from time to time concede the point that somebody else might be right and you wrong. It really isn't that painful once you get used to it. LOL It's all part of the maturing process.

PatrickHMS
10-29-08, 02:10 AM
Tis a far far better thing for one to get

his panties in a wad

their panties in a wad...

Than to get a wad in same panties...

Krashed989
10-29-08, 02:21 AM
Tis far far better for one to get

Than to get a wad in same panties...

:lol:

urbanski
10-29-08, 04:49 AM
I dont understand why the people that have me on there ignore list continue to reply to my posts.

why are you replying to somebody on YOUR ignore list?

Though at the same time will be quite vigilant as to the rules of the forum as reminded to me by the forum administrators by making them aware of the actions of other members.

i'm aware of the actions of others here already. its my job. no rules were broken that i havent addressed.

by the way, your supporting member badge expired
http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html