: Is the more performance cold air kit worth it?

trekster
06-21-04, 01:17 AM
Or should I save my money and buy a G techpro?

Cal
06-21-04, 01:46 AM
Buy the CAK. If you want a gtechpro I'll loan you mine.

I like the noise, and I am sure when I hit the dyno next the pick-up will be significant. Gotta let that baby breathe.

trekster
06-21-04, 02:03 AM
Thanks I guess I'll just buy the cak. About the Gtech pro what do I need to do so I can borrow yours? Btw what did you dyno when it was stock?

trekster
06-21-04, 01:34 PM
Just ordered can't wait until it comes! :)

Cal
06-21-04, 01:51 PM
332rwhp stock with 515 miles (first pull was 322 then we let it sit 45-60 min. to cool down, make sure they do that when they dyno yours or just let them do a cold pull with the engine nice and cool)

PM me your address and I'll send it out as long as you get it back to me in a reasonable time. I am too freakin busy to play with it a lot, but I'd like to see what kind of #s you do with bone stock and then with CAK since I never tested before/after.

GNSCOTT
06-21-04, 06:54 PM
What is the guarenteed HP gain with a cold air kit only?

trekster
06-21-04, 07:55 PM
More performance says it's Cold air box picks up 21RWHP.

jdodman
06-23-04, 08:52 AM
I also have been thinking about the CAK, but had 2 concerns with the design of the one I see mentioned/advertised on this board...

1. Years ago, I put one on my Buick Grand National and although it improved the sound, it was still sucking the hottest air you can find. That being the air right under the hood. I then put in a Pete Tomka CAK (Plumbing takes it to just below the drivers side head light) where you are picking up fresh air, and it made a big difference in the performance (and the sound if that is what you are after).

2. What does this do to your warrantee ??? Will the dealer flip out when they see it ??

Unless the pictures I have seen are not representing this product correctly, it looks like the air filter is still right there in the compartment. Just my opinion, but a CAK does its best work if you can provide cold air, which is usally found somewhere outside the engine compartment.

Not trying to start a flame war here, just sharing my experience with these units over the years on other cars..It is all the same physics..

MorePerformanceInc
06-23-04, 09:57 AM
You are right with voicing a concern. Our air box does work like a cold air box. It is sealed off from the engine with the box that is around the filter. The design was made with the cold air in mind and so far we have seen lower engine temps with this design. By sealing it off and providing a well sealing box, this pulls cold air from before the radiator. As for the warranty, we took ours in to the dealer, they wanted to look at our supercharger, and the dealers in our area will not void the warranty as long as the filter is not OVER OILED. From what our feed back has been, most of the dealers will not void the warranty but you should check of course first. I suggest to everyone to contact there local dealers and speek to there service manager. In fact, alot of the cadillac dealers buy our Cold Air Kits as upgrades to the CTS-V.

Thank You,

Amber Huneycutt
More Performance Inc.