: Pre-Facelift Projector Headlights?

AHazzardToAll
10-28-08, 12:14 PM
Hey guys. I have a pair of stock projector headlights from my 2001 cat, but i want projectors for my 99cat sport. Is there any way to take the "intrenal projector asse." out of the old one to put into my new headlight asse? I know the WHOLE assem are not interchangeable. If not, anyone k now the cheapest place to find projectors for 97-99 cats? Did any early-year cats come optional with them or will i have to order them from cross seas? Thanks.

eastsidercaddy
10-28-08, 08:44 PM
Yes, it's possible. I've taken apart my headlights twice and sealed them up with no problem. You could remove the internal reflectors and replace them with the projectors. If i lived near your or something like that i could do it myself. Simple switch but they may not be exactly swappable. I bet they are but only one way to find out. If you're willing to ship them to me i would do it for a small fee or even free. Hell i've always wondered if someone was thinking the same thing. One problem is that the 97-99 OEM lights have the light patter spreader on the lense. I'd love to swap them for you but hey whatever you want to do!

Warez
10-29-08, 04:09 PM
Why can't you just swap the lights?

AHazzardToAll
10-30-08, 11:20 PM
Pre-facelift(97-99) and the facelift(00-01) headlight assemblies are not interchangeable. That's what i'm told at least. They are sold separate too so i'm pretty sure everyone knows what they're talking about. =/