: buying 02-06 Escalade EXT what year do u recommend?

blackonblacklac00
10-27-08, 10:29 PM
Im lookin to buy one within the next month or two but which year should i be lookin at?and why didnt they make any with black interior lol!?!

Thanks for any kinda info

Rolex
10-27-08, 10:45 PM
The 02 had a slightly different interior then the 03+. IIRC they didn't get HIDs until 03+. For goodness sake please, when you test drive the vehicle turn off the HVAC, turn off the radio, and roll up the windows to listen to the drive train. These used Escalades are beginning to have differential issues left and right. People are very angry after they buy a great looking 1 or 2 owner Lade and the differential takes a crap in less then 6 months. Threads like that are posted in here all the time.

If you hear even a SLIGHT amount of whining from the front end take a pass on that vehicle, or get it CERTIFIED. When they get to the point that they're whining they're completely shot and will need to be replaced. Most owners would just assume sell/trade that poorly maintained vehicle and make it someone else's problem rather then commit to $1500-2500 in repairs.

All else is elemental. Avoid buy backs, salvaged vehicles, and vehicles with obvious body work done to them (off color panels, over spray, fresh paint, etc). Find a Lade with the options you desire that has good maintenance records and you're GTG. I'm sure others will chime in with their opinions of what you should be looking for.

hueterm
10-27-08, 10:52 PM
No black -- grey or tan...

They're all very similar, but there are a few changes:

Not sure what (if any) changes there were between 2002 and 2003 as there were w/the Avalanche....someone else here may know, or just look on eBay and look at the interior and see if there is a difference. It would be minor.

OnStar -- if you want a digital upgrade, then you'll want an '04 or newer to be safe. Some 2003s "might" be upgradeable, but I think 2004 was the first year.

NAV -- the 2004 NAV systems were terrible b/c the paint peeled off of the buttons, and they weren't touch screen, and they were junk. Keep that in mind. Mine was replaced under warranty for the 2005 touch screen model and it's fine. However -- even the 2005 NAV is marginal at best in terms of function, and the DVD replacements are like being violated... A Garmin Nuvi is MUCH better in terms of a NAV system...

If you get 2WD, either the H.O. engine was optional or not available until a certain year -- someone else here may know exactly.

The interior and dash was updated slightly for 2005 -- the IP cluster and the wood trim -- very minor changes.

I'm sure that HIDs became either available or standard at some point in the run. My 2004 has them.

I'd be looking for a CPO 2005 or 2006 with warranty, if it were me....

WaynesNside
10-28-08, 10:56 PM
Bro get an 06 if you can find one...just get the fully loaded one. I got my 06 with 35K on it in June and I love it. My cousin has an 02 and Mine has a lil better features than his.