: Door panel removal ~help~ 90-92

96BIG_BODY
10-27-08, 10:53 PM
like the topic says, im having trouble removing the door panels on my 90 brougham, any tips on the easiest way? thanks. yea i know what noob question :cool:

Cadillac Giovanni
10-28-08, 01:27 AM
I've done this more times than I care to recall, but just for you, one more time.

-Two screws for the bucket around the opening lever
-Pop out the lens for the door light with a flat screw driver.
-Up inside the now-exposed armrest, two screws holding in the switch panel, which can be popped out after.
-Directly behind where the switch panel was, two more screws that go into the door.
-The last two screws will be behind the upper door-closing handle, a couple of large phillips head screws.
-Upholstery clips all the way around the door. There's no good way to take these out without an upholstery clip remover. You can just yank on the panel, which will cause them to rip themselves out of the cardboard backing, then you can take them out of the door with pliers and put them back in the panel.
-Unscrew the door lock button.
-To remove the panel, apply some firm force (whack it) to the top center of the door inward to dislodge it's clip, then lift it up and off. Be careful not to put too much stress on the wires running to the switch panel.

This is how it works in my 89. I can't imagine it being different in a 90-92.

Good luck!

96BIG_BODY
10-28-08, 02:10 AM
I've done this more times than I care to recall, but just for you, one more time.

-Two screws for the bucket around the opening lever
-Pop out the lens for the door light with a flat screw driver.
-Up inside the now-exposed armrest, two screws holding in the switch panel, which can be popped out after.
-Directly behind where the switch panel was, two more screws that go into the door.
-The last two screws will be behind the upper door-closing handle, a couple of large phillips head screws.
-Upholstery clips all the way around the door. There's no good way to take these out without an upholstery clip remover. You can just yank on the panel, which will cause them to rip themselves out of the cardboard backing, then you can take them out of the door with pliers and put them back in the panel.
-Unscrew the door lock button.
-To remove the panel, apply some firm force (whack it) to the top center of the door inward to dislodge it's clip, then lift it up and off. Be careful not to put too much stress on the wires running to the switch panel.

This is how it works in my 89. I can't imagine it being different in a 90-92.

Good luck!

thanks for the info man, found those last screws behind the light lens :cool: everythings loose now, but now im having problems with that last step, dont wanna budge :want: ill keep at it though

96BIG_BODY
10-28-08, 03:19 AM
got it :cool:

N0DIH
10-28-08, 03:36 AM
Gio spelled it out well.

A putty knife or better yet, a door panel tool/upholstry tool is much more helpful to help pop them clips on the door. A modified putty knife (notch cut in the blade to get in around the clip better) is best. I have torn door panels, I have broken clips (body shops and some parts stores have the clips, you WILL break some, so get replacements, but you need to take an old one in) everytime.

Swap meets are a great place to get clips...

Oh, in a crunch I have used a window crank tool to pop clips..... Duh, we are on a Cadillac board, never mind, probably no one on here knows what that is....

96BIG_BODY
10-28-08, 06:05 PM
now im having trouble taking off this trim right here, how do i get the last two screws towards the door handle??

this aint my car just refference pics

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/96BIG_BODY/BROUGHAMTRIM2.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/96BIG_BODY/BROUGHAMTRIM.jpg

Cadillac Giovanni
10-30-08, 05:31 PM
Not sure which two screws you mean. The pictures aren't showing up.

96BIG_BODY
11-07-08, 09:00 PM
stripped it all down :cool: