: How does this engine sound?

mythy
10-27-08, 04:27 PM
http://media-convert.com/convert/?xid=17-dicpkqte

Link will be good for a day so listen quick :) The phone that recorded it didn't capture any low end which is good since now you can hear all the other shit one normally misses and it sounds bad :crybaby:

Submariner409
10-27-08, 04:47 PM
Sounds good.....and the alternator works OK, too :rolleyes:.

mythy
10-27-08, 04:54 PM
sounded horrible to me lol... :bonkers:

Submariner409
10-27-08, 09:18 PM
If you're talking about the "tizz, tizz, tizz" sound of the exhaust, remember that you're fooling with a phony dual setup behind a single catalytic convertor. There is NO happy medium: Either spend a fortune on a dedicated full-dual system, from manifolds through cats and O2 sensors and H connector to mandrel bent pipes to decent mufflers, or install a BORLA or modified CORSA cat-back.

NO V8 engine dumped into a single cat and pipe back to a Y and "dual" mufflers will sound or perform like a real discrete dual setup. It's a bigger ricer setup......more expensive, but the same idea.

It takes plain flat BALLS to sound like big cubic inch glasspacked duals. The FWD Northstar doesn't have them. Never will. If you don't believe me, stack your Seville/Deville up against a late 60's Olds 4-4-2 / 4-speed posi with a stock W30 455. BALLS. The Northstar is a tightly wound rubber band. The 455 is a sledgehammer.

tateos
10-28-08, 02:12 PM
I had some straight through mufflers - not glass packs, but something similar - for a short while on the back end of my '97 ETC and it sounded awesome driving around town! The rest of the exhaust system was left stock. I took them off and put the stock mufflers back on because of droning at highway speeds that was driving me crazy after awhile