: Questions:about what to look for before buying a V

montsb
10-27-08, 06:33 AM
Hello everyone! I am still pretty much a NOOB here and I know you all have lots of knowledge! I am really seriously looking at buying a '04-'06 CTS-V (because of price) and I am wondering what to look for. Are there different suspensions like on my '02 STS (F45 vs F55) ect? I am looking at a '05 with 11,000 miles on it for $26,995.00. Sure looks nice. Anything you could tell me about what to look out for or to look for I sure will listen and really appreciate it! In advance, thank you for your time! Monty

montsb
10-27-08, 06:47 AM
My apologies! I have many answers/suggestions from the post about "trading in for a V". Sorry if I am lame!

rand49er
10-27-08, 08:54 AM
11,000 on an '05 is pretty darn good! ... might be a slam dunk, even.

Only suspension option is the FG2 shocks vs the standard FE4 shocks.

Make sure it has an '06 differential, and you may want to run the VIN for history on the car.

BacDoc
10-27-08, 09:36 AM
Carfax, service history, extended warranty from Cadillac dealer. Good luck.

montsb
10-27-08, 02:16 PM
Thank you guys! Do I have to get the printout of the build to see what suspension it has? I really want the magnatronic suspension, is that right? Are the FG2 and FE4 shocks magnaride? It is a beautiful car! http://edmunds.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?dealer_id=1152108&ct=u&car_id=250545693

CtsVrod
10-27-08, 02:25 PM
Thank you guys! Do I have to get the printout of the build to see what suspension it has? I really want the magnatronic suspension, is that right? Are the FG2 and FE4 shocks magnaride? It is a beautiful car! http://edmunds.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?dealer_id=1152108&ct=u&car_id=250545693

No Magnaride - Im assuming thats only on the 09+. If you run the VIN and ask for options you can see the Suspension options. FG2's are the shocks they used to run at the Ring, more performance tuned. I def noticed a def. switching from the FE4's to the FG2's but I also did the Ground Control Coilovers as well.

Price looks great - the only thing I would look for on a Used V is a WARRANTY... and not that aftermarket crap, make sure its GM backed (CPO, Major Guard, etc)

dbec
10-27-08, 07:24 PM
Im also looking at an '05 and had a few questions (not really worth a new post) Mine are less technical...
1) Does the Nav system reroute you if you miss a turn or does it just tell you to "proceed to highlited route"?
2) What else does the Nav system do? I understand its an "information center" but what does it inform you of? Does it have a hard drive for music?
3) How many gallons is the gas tank? Can it run on regular(not that I would abuse her, just asking if anyone does)
4) How many quarts of oil does she take? Anyone run something other than synthetic?
5) Is there a middle seatbelt? 60/40 split?
I got a chance to drive one at a GM event back in '04 and fell in love. Im in a good position to buy one now and im just starting to do my homework.

MSOsr
10-27-08, 07:55 PM

Become a supporting member and run the VIN on the sticky thread. You can get the build sheet, warranty history, etc.

Best $5/month ever.

Mike (has an 11,000 mile 2005 also)