: 2000 Escalade Blown Rearend

lordbud7
10-26-08, 10:45 PM
i've got a 2000 Escalade with the G80 "Gov-Lock" locker. Well my wife was driving it when it started banging pretty bad. pulled the cover and the carrier case is cracked and the gov lock is trashed. i have found a few on E-bay but i am not sure if i have a 8.5 or an 8.6 rearend. it has rear drum brakes. Does anyone know what type of rearend is in the Lade? Thanks in advance

fierodough
10-27-08, 01:15 PM
i've got a 2000 Escalade with the G80 "Gov-Lock" locker. Well my wife was driving it when it started banging pretty bad. pulled the cover and the carrier case is cracked and the gov lock is trashed. i have found a few on E-bay but i am not sure if i have a 8.5 or an 8.6 rearend. it has rear drum brakes. Does anyone know what type of rearend is in the Lade? Thanks in advance

Assuming everything is still stock, go here: www.cadillacfaq.com/rpo and enter the rpo codes for your truck. (I think on a 200 Escalade, they are in the glove compartment).

Cheers!
Eric

lordbud7
10-28-08, 06:07 PM
RPO tells what type of Locker and What gears but not what size rearend. thanks for the help. Any other suggestions?

hcvone
10-29-08, 08:32 AM
See this a lot, the front and rear diff oils need to be changed every 1-2 years and refilled with synthetic gear oil for max life. :) I will see what I can find, don't know much about the pre 2002 Escalade's