: Bad Few Days

c5 rv
10-25-08, 08:52 PM
One of my sons, 23, had an accident this week. He rolled his car, 95 Jetta, and slid into a tree while driving by himself in the middle of the night. Apparently he went onto a soft shoulder around a bend, tried to correct, and hit a large rock with the right front wheel that caused the roll. The windshield and roof were wrapped around the tree. The accident was undiscovered for 1-2 hours. FD had to cut the car away.

He's going to make it and should heal fully. But, he's currently at the trauma center with a broken leg, broken hand, broken wrist, broken shoulder (front and back), shattered jaw, concussion, and lots of cuts and bruises. Most of the damage is on his left side, except for the jaw. They fully woke him up today and took him off the vent. He was not happy at all when I visited. Aside from me, his brothers, sisters, mom, stepdad, and girfriend are all stopping by to bug him. Send a couple prayers our way. Thanks.

caddycruiser
10-25-08, 08:56 PM
Wow, that is AWFUL. At least the good news is he's still alive, and will have a long hard road, but hopefully also being young will help speed it along back to "normal".

Best of luck in dealing with that, and thoughts are with you and him.

Ranger
10-25-08, 09:06 PM
Sorry to hear about this, but glad to hear that he survived. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

CadillacSTS42005
10-25-08, 09:09 PM
prayers to you and yours bro
sucks indeed
lil sucker held up well

Sandy
10-25-08, 09:41 PM
That's terrible! As a Father - I can feel ya pain. I do pray that he will make a full recovery. Tell him to have faith and hang in there. HE IS ALIVE, and that's a damn good beginning. You too, Dad, have strength.

RightTurn
10-25-08, 09:50 PM
Wow! Sorry to hear this; here's hoping for a speedy recovery. What a terrifying ordeal for all of you.

Jesda
10-25-08, 11:25 PM
NOT a situation I ever want to be in. Glad he's alive.

orconn
10-25-08, 11:37 PM
I am very sorry to hear of your son's misfortune, but glad to hear he survived and is getting the care he needs. He is truly lucky he has you and a large family to help him out as he recovers. My thoughts and prayers will be with you all and hope he has a speedy recovery.

LS1Mike
10-25-08, 11:58 PM
Sorry to hear it man. I am sure it will work out right for you. Prayers.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-26-08, 01:09 AM
Sorry to hear about it man, thankfully he's alive though. Best of luck!

Eld01
10-26-08, 01:16 AM
Sorry to hear about your son's accident, as well as to hear he will be alright.

gdwriter
10-26-08, 03:05 AM
Send a couple prayers our way. Thanks.Done.

Sounds like a horrible accident; glad to hear he survived and will recover.

thebigjimsho
10-26-08, 03:10 AM
Wow! Best wishes to your son. And your family, too...

FrankT
10-26-08, 11:14 AM
Very sorry to hear about your son, prayers will be with your son, you, your and family.

c5 rv
10-26-08, 08:31 PM
Thanks, all, for the prayers and words of encouragement. He looked a lot better today, with a lot of the facial swelling having gone down. He was also in a better mood, for a while. He'll probably have additional surgeries this week.

ejguillot
10-27-08, 01:27 PM
OUCH! At least (based on your report) there aren't any permanent losses. The car can be replaced, your son can't. Good luck (and prayers said) on the upcoming surgeries.