: GMPP Warranty ?

CadillacSTS42005
10-25-08, 07:19 PM
Just curious
I checked my GMPP info as well as tried searching
According to the info the GMPP major guard which I have covers Wheels.
My wheels the chrome around where the center cap goes as well as the wheel bead is flaking.
Would they be covered under the GMPP?
Thanks alot guys!

Ranger
10-25-08, 08:02 PM
Isn't that basically an extension of the new car warranty? If so, I would think it should be covered.

CadillacSTS42005
10-25-08, 08:06 PM
kinda
some things that the new bumper to bumper covers through arent covered under the GMPP such as water/air leaks, weatherstripping, random odds and ends.
im just not sure it they would be replaced for just the failure on the basis of looks rather than the wheel breaking in half due to a manufacture defect or no longer sealing good due to a heavy chrome peel (right now its just light but i know it will get worse and before the warranty is up, id like it fixed)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-26-08, 12:08 AM
Having worked with GMPP on an almost daily basis, I'm not positive that they'll cover chrome flaking for replacement. Like you said Jason, the way service contracts work is by covering parts only when they've failed, as in your case for wheels, having a stress crack or what not.

If nothing else, you could call GMPP at 1800-631-5590 for claims coverage information.