: Yes or No: Do I need to turn in my lease V with run flat tires?

Jpjr
10-25-08, 05:10 PM
I've searched and searched and not gotten a firm answer. I've already replaced these absolutely terrible and horribly overpriced EMT's once already and sure enough 10k later they are below 1/8 tread.

Can I put on a $500 set of dunlops or does it need to be a $2000 set of run craps?

Anyone think I should gamble and just give the car back as is? Tires are not visibly bald but some spots below 1/8.

Does anyone know if they charge you cost or retail if GMAC replaces them?

Thinking about replacing the most expensive tires on earth twice in two years leaves me with a very very bad opinion of Goodyear.

thebigjimsho
10-25-08, 06:52 PM
I've searched and searched and not gotten a firm answer. I've already replaced these absolutely terrible and horribly overpriced EMT's once already and sure enough 10k later they are below 1/8 tread.

Can I put on a $500 set of dunlops or does it need to be a $2000 set of run craps?

Anyone think I should gamble and just give the car back as is? Tires are not visibly bald but some spots below 1/8.

Does anyone know if they charge you cost or retail if GMAC replaces them?

Thinking about replacing the most expensive tires on earth twice in two years leaves me with a very very bad opinion of Goodyear.If your lease doesn't specify, a good set of tires should be fine.

Art138
10-25-08, 10:26 PM
I know a friend who turned his in with Goodyear non-runflats F1s......they are half the price apparently they only looked for the F1 when they did the go-around inspection.....other than the use of Goodyear brands might send a red flag.....