: New Owner of '05 Stealth V

CO_GTS
10-25-08, 01:36 AM
I went for 50 years without ever needing a sedan. We donít have kids and I have always owned sports cars, coupes, or SUV's but found myself finally needing a sedan for everyday business reasons.

I never even owned an American car until I was 37. Then I bought a Z28, followed by a C5 Vette, a brief relapse to a BMW M Roadster, and currently drive/track a Viper GTS.

I did a lot of looking, figuring I would buy a used M5 or an Audi in the end. But I remembered Cadillac had come out with a performance car that was suppose to handle exceptionally well. I figured it would have the power, and torque (that I had come to love in my American sports cars), but would it really handle?

One Saturday and went from dealer to dealer and drove them all. I was blown away by how well the CTS-V seemed to handle. In fact, I didnít buy a car that day because I was sure I had just been surprised by the Cadillac. That it really didnít handle as well as the M5...that I was just impressed at how well and how far Cadillac had come.

I went back the next Saturday with a fellow racer and drove the M5 and the V again. His impression and comment made me do a little soul searching. He said "I think it's as fast and handles at least as well as the Bimmer; but Jesus Dave can you really be serious about a Cadillac? It's really not your style".

I had seen this kind of Euro bigotry before especially with the Viper. You know the old "sure itís fast in a straight line but not in the twistys". Odd thing to say about a car that will pull over 1g on street tires.

So I asked myself it was worth thousands more to buy a older car to impress those that have closed minds? At that point I limited myself to looking for a V and found mine on cars.com from a private seller who is buying a '09 V (lucky bastard).

OK, the CAG's went first and if I donít get a short throw shifter for Christmas I'm going to be pissed. I have been having a blast driving this sleeper around. What I like most is taking a Euro bigot for a ride. Next year itís on the track, I can hardly wait. This thing just keeps bringing a big smile to my face every time I drive it.

This is a fantastic site and I have learned so much from it. Thanks everyone for making it so.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=197&pictureid=925
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=197&pictureid=927

perfect
10-25-08, 01:42 AM
looks real clean

if you replace your fogs with clear fogs you will be golden!

juliox3
10-25-08, 01:50 AM
Congrats on the new v. I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. Good choice in color...they'll never see you coming. :)

heavymetals
10-25-08, 01:54 AM
The V is a hoot. :highfive:

Great sleeper.

urbanski
10-25-08, 05:14 AM
thanks for joining as a supporter!

rand49er
10-25-08, 06:41 AM
Best year, best color!

Congrats and nice story, too!

:welcome:

FactoryFast
10-25-08, 10:09 AM
I just got my V this week and its awesome to be in the company of apparrententhusiasts. Great story, I just got out of two heavily modded VAG cars so i can relate. Im gonna take some rainy day pics of my new ride and put em up later on this afternoon along wiht my thoughts after the first few days.

groverdill
10-25-08, 10:32 AM
Welcome, looks nice and clean!

CTSV_510
10-25-08, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the forum! I just saw a stealth gray V in person for the first time and it's an awesome color. Nice choice.

Claimslngr
10-25-08, 12:39 PM
Your car looks to be in great shape, congrats!:thumbsup: Sounds like you'll be a great addition to an already fantastic board.:yup:

V-Love
10-25-08, 12:56 PM
I thought he bought Stealth's V!

tlsmeds
10-25-08, 02:23 PM
Car looks great and love that color!:thumbsup:

heavymetals
10-25-08, 02:44 PM
Maggie it!!!!

Scare the crap out of yourself....

trukk
10-28-08, 01:07 PM
I offically proclaim this the best forum intro post ever!

Welcome, and enjoy.

-Chris

stuckey
10-28-08, 05:04 PM
I offically proclaim this the best forum intro post ever!

Welcome, and enjoy.

-Chris

:yeah::welcome:

This is a great forum! Thanks for becoming a supporter!

MSOsr
10-28-08, 09:57 PM
Thanks for coming in with guns blazing! Congrats on the beautiful car.

Mike

814V
10-28-08, 11:53 PM
welcome!

deedubb
10-28-08, 11:54 PM
YAY! Somebody local. I'm near Commerce City.

Congrats on the purchase!

MauiV
10-29-08, 12:03 AM
Im guessing he'll have a Maggie by 4th of July.

Welcome.

CO_GTS
10-29-08, 02:14 AM
Im guessing he'll have a Maggie by 4th of July.

Welcome.

Well I did spend about 2 hours last Friday night going over the installation instructions for a Maggie. Thinking to myself "that does not look that bad", "I could do that", "Harry (my neighbor) has a heated garage and would really get into helping"....

rand49er
10-29-08, 07:58 AM
Well I did spend about 2 hours last Friday night going over the installation instructions for a Maggie. Thinking to myself "that does not look that bad", "I could do that", "Harry (my neighbor) has a heated garage and would really get into helping"....You're exactly right. There is no single step that's too difficult. One or two steps aren't well described, IMO, but it's not beyond a couple of part-time mechanics to figure out and accomplish with hardly a problem. Then you'll be on :cloud9:.

Todd3544
10-29-08, 10:23 AM
Congrats on the new "Stelath" V, By far the coolest color on any Cadillac. Looks like you got a good one, I know you will enjoy it. The smiles only get bigger with the more mods. And these are definately sleepers, normal society still doesn't know what these cars are capable of.