: CTS-V options

Pounder
10-25-08, 01:12 AM
I keep on reading that V's in reviews had a track option package with better brakes etc....
But nowhere do I see that as an option anymore.
Is this now standard on the car?
If not; is it still offered and how much is it?

atdeneve
10-25-08, 11:48 AM
Dealer installed option.

Pounder
10-25-08, 12:27 PM
Are the dealers installing the Brembo brakes and the extra cooling?

Cadillac Tony
10-25-08, 02:11 PM
The "track" brake package will be Dealer installed, but probably not available until next year. All CTS-Vs come with Brembos- the track package just adds red painted calipers and non-slotted front rotors. Braking performance should be very comparable between the two, with a slight edge to the non-slotted ones at higher speed (more swept area for the pads to grab). Once the package is out there, it's possible it may become orderable on the car, then installed at the Dealer (similar to the FG2 shocks on the first CTS-Vs).

Same deal with the rear differential cooler: Optional Dealer installed accessory for the track hounds, and not available at start of production.

V-Love
10-25-08, 02:54 PM
The "track" brake package will be Dealer installed, but probably not available until next year. All CTS-Vs come with Brembos- the track package just adds red painted calipers and non-slotted front rotors. Braking performance should be very comparable between the two, with a slight edge to the non-slotted ones at higher speed (more swept area for the pads to grab). Once the package is out there, it's possible it may become orderable on the car, then installed at the Dealer (similar to the FG2 shocks on the first CTS-Vs).

Same deal with the rear differential cooler: Optional Dealer installed accessory for the track hounds, and not available at start of production.

Tony, I thought the track brake package was a 2 piece,floating rotor set up and standard rotors were the big single donuts.

Cadillac Tony
10-25-08, 03:35 PM
You're half right. :lol:

The track package front rotors are genuine "two-piece" rotors where the rotor is separate and bolted to the hat. The stock rotors however, are "co-cast", meaning the braking surface is cast iron bonded to an aluminum hat to create a single piece made of two different metals (as opposed to the all iron "donut" on the current CTS-V).

Unless you plan on heavy track use, the upgrade package won't provide any noticeable difference in street driving.

Pounder
10-25-08, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm now back on track :thumbsup: