: Dealerships

majax
06-20-04, 12:05 AM
I would like to see more Cadillac dealerships dedicated to just cadillac not something like, "Jo Dirt: buick chevrolet pontiac GMC Cadillac" not that there is a Jo Dirt GM dealer but just a example. It would make buying a Cadillac a little more special and even more appealing.

Just a Suggestion.

jerseyvette
06-22-04, 03:32 PM
Here in Northern NJ there are a few EXCELLENT dealerships:
1) Brogan in Totowa NJ: Great team overall and VERY professional. Yes the service guys have the typical attitude but overall good people. Steve in the Vogue department is great with giving you deals.
2) Royal Cadillac Hummer in Florham Park: Another good dealership just not as aggressive in making business happen. The body shop does pretty good work as well.

The issue with having dealers just selling caddys is that the volume in not there to support the overhead. Now Chevy dealers for example need serious dead wood clean-up in our state. You get a car serviced at Chevy and here is what happens:
1) Automatically they make you feel off center, by this I mean a control drama where they make you feel like you are bugging them (you are always wrong and descriminating and they are right and deserve the benefitof the doubt)
2) Ethics are out the window. To get a "Straight story" you have to EVERY TIME escalate issues to the service manager. Again the typical "you have a problem you can speak with teeh manager" is the front line service response. I had a battery die as a result of my car being left out all night with a door opena nd they told me it was my fault. How F_ing low does one go as to try to sneak there way out of responsibility. Even dealers who are so called "family friends" will charge you for everything extra that is possible.
3) General USSR type of motivation: Remember the news casts on people doing ABSOLUTELY NO WORK in Russia in the 1980s. Where you go to a restaurant with a line outside and there are waitresses sitting in the back painting their nails? We'll I do and this is what Chevy dealers are like. You can NEVER get an appointment to stop by and have an issue ooked at or a quick check up done. Everything is so drawn out that you need to come in "next week" to get the smallest of issues looked at. Come On ! It's not an MRI appointment..It's a light on the dash coming up or a certain noise under the hood! Then when the end of the day comes YOU have to call THEIR service group just to find out that"they could not get to it" or the, "parts are ordered". Again Lies on top of lies on top of lies.

GM Needs a serious audit and clean-up of each and every dealer in the US. An option would be having corporate BUY each and every dealership from the lazy ass b_stard families that own them now.(i.e. 3rd generation slugs that are in it for the rip-off):banghead:

Sandy
06-22-04, 06:15 PM
Try Konner's Chevy, West Caldwell, or Barnes Chevy in Summit or Book Chevy-Buick in Nutley. All are very very good!

jerseyvette
06-27-04, 01:17 PM
Try Konner's Chevy, West Caldwell, or Barnes Chevy in Summit or Book Chevy-Buick in Nutley. All are very very good!Will Do!

RERM
06-30-04, 09:36 PM
Why are Cadillac owners even having to shop around for decent service at various dealers???

Premium Brand??? get better service at Chevy dealers??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

RERM
06-30-04, 09:41 PM
Yeah, go to the Chevy dealers to get decent service....after all it's not like Cadillac is a PREMIUM BRAND or anything...just look for a Dealer that actually does Dealer work!!!

Cadillac, you should get a clue. :helpless:

kippjones
07-09-04, 03:39 AM
The problem here in Chi town is updated dealerships. The waiting room is right out of the 80's. I sent them a report card with my comments they sent me.

jerseyvette
07-24-04, 01:27 AM
The problem here in Chi town is updated dealerships. The waiting room is right out of the 80's. I sent them a report card with my comments they sent me.

That is funny. :p

Most dealerships here are the same. Newer dealer brands (like Range Rover and Lexus) find budget to remodel? Whats up?

hotrails
08-10-04, 10:25 PM
Same problem here in Minneapolis with Anderson Cadillac. These *******s charge full retail for parts- AND THEN SOME! I have been buying all my Caddy parts from a great dealer in Michigan- Jim Fresard. The last order I put in, the guy at Fresard asked "don't you have any Cadillac dealers in Minnesota?" I said, yeah, but they are crooks! Tried to tell me my A/C compressor needed replacing in my '94 STS. $1000 please. I had a bearing replaced for $200. It works perfectly now. "Brake rotors are shot". $1000 please!" Had my tire guy turn them. Work perfectly. List goes on. I hate these bastards! They should be put out of business these crooks! Hate'em Hate'em!!! Anderson sucks!

'94 STS 114K
'98 STS 33K

RERM
08-20-04, 12:20 AM

I wonder how many BMW buyers have to shop around various dealerships to find a good pleasant evironment to drop 50K in!!!

Case in point Foley Rice Cadillac in Oak Park, IL...dealership looks straight out of the fifties, complete with a Vouge section that would make Don "the Bishop" Magic Juan proud!!! salesmen who are in their 60's and look at anyone under 59 as a nuissance. Yeah, that's where I want to
go drop my hard earned money!!!

Of course I could drive 40 miles to Foley Cadillac Bentley Rolls Royce in Northbrook, IL to at least walk into a Cadillac dealership that looks expensive!!!

Untill GM gets serious about Dealer quality, Lexus will continue to beat it's pants off!!!

McGrath Lexus in downton Chicago (their waiting room looks like an upscale Cafe) or Mercedes Benz of Chicago (who'l wash any MB of ANY year for FREE) seem like more upscale offerings.

Bottom line, GM dealers have to realize they exist because of the customers and not the other way around (if you want proof of this last statement, look at GM's market share over the last 30 years)

Jesda
09-02-04, 03:21 AM
Don't feel bad, it happens to everyone. Here in St Louis there are two Infiniti dealers. One is a dedicated Infiniti dealer, the other is Infiniti/Audi/Cadillac/BMW/Merc/Rover. The all-premium-brands dealer (Plaza Motors) treats me like dirt, overcharges for everything, and always gives the runaround. So I fight traffic and drive across town for service. I order my parts online from a dealer in Arizona (its a bit cheaper).

orange
09-14-04, 11:54 AM
no caddy dealers here... but there's a toyota one opening soon, its gettin built, HUGE upstairs area with a cafe and all... the local volvo place has 2 brand new Astin Martins, a DB7 and a Vanquish plus they detail u'r car free, when yoo get u'r volvo serviced (no, we have a 92 subaru wagon, blah)...

as for GM Holden (the aussie caddy, chev olds and buick.. only ugly) i duno what they're like... i hate their cars so no reason to check a dealership

RERM
10-24-04, 02:06 PM
Elswhere on this forum I've detailed my rotten experience with Grossinger Cadillac in Lincolnwood, IL. Will NEVER go to them again!!! :banghead:

CADDYDEN
10-26-04, 12:16 PM
I would like to see more Cadillac dealerships dedicated to just cadillac not something like, "Jo Dirt: buick chevrolet pontiac GMC Cadillac" not that there is a Jo Dirt GM dealer but just a example. It would make buying a Cadillac a little more special and even more appealing.

Just a Suggestion. Cadillac Motor Division wants to have their new and present dealers carrying the line to break away from their current dealers with mulity G M lines and build a seperate showroom and service department dedicated just for Cadillac sales and service...This has already begun in Michigan and Northern Illinois with the new look of Cadillac designed dealerships....Harvey Cadillac in Grand Rapids Michigan,I believe are the first ones to have the new look... Weil Cadillac in Libertyville Illinois are also doing the same renovation to be a Cadiilac only showroom, with having Hummer in their own exclusive showroom as well... When I mention about Cadillac going evclusive to the other Cadillac dealers that carry additional G.M. lines in the same showroom about the change? They just do not what to talk about it. That tells me ....It looks like Cadillac is putting on the pressure on the dealers to make the showroom changes to go with Cadillac new image, or maybe find another who will.

CADDYDEN
10-26-04, 12:21 PM
Elswhere on this forum I've detailed my rotten experience with Grossinger Cadillac in Lincolnwood, IL. Will NEVER go to them again!!! :banghead:Try Weil Cadillac in Libertyville!! They have been just super to deal and above all, great personal cadillac service with a high CSI RATING...

bjrobles
10-28-04, 11:15 AM
:bouncy: I bought my 2001 DTS at Royal in Florham park because it was caddy dealer only. The sales people know the product much better than
multi dealerships.

The service i get has been good

oldgamer
01-15-05, 04:36 PM
I don't care about showrooms and remodelling. I better go to HONEST mechanic in the auto-repair shop (if I'll find) than nice and comfortable steallership. I just hate these deallerships when they ripp you off just because they can. They lie. I read forum and I can see clearly that almost in all cases owners got more trouble after seen the dealler. The rule is: IF YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF, JUST DO IT!.

kingofthe501
04-02-05, 12:38 AM
Braco Chev in Las Cruces, NM and El Paso are the only things that have caddies around here and I must say it was a change for the better when it went from Wallace chev to bravo but not by much. You'll know what I mean if you just watch the comercials. But of course we get a crappy combination dealership because we live on the border and there aren't too many really high class people around here.

El Dobro
04-30-05, 12:58 PM
Here in Northern NJ there are a few EXCELLENT dealerships:
1) Brogan in Totowa NJ: Great team overall and VERY professional. Yes the service guys have the typical attitude but overall good people. Steve in the Vogue department is great with giving you deals.
2) Royal Cadillac Hummer in Florham Park: Another good dealership just not as aggressive in making business happen. The body shop does pretty good work as well.

The issue with having dealers just selling caddys is that the volume in not there to support the overhead. Now Chevy dealers for example need serious dead wood clean-up in our state. You get a car serviced at Chevy and here is what happens:
1) Automatically they make you feel off center, by this I mean a control drama where they make you feel like you are bugging them (you are always wrong and descriminating and they are right and deserve the benefitof the doubt)
2) Ethics are out the window. To get a "Straight story" you have to EVERY TIME escalate issues to the service manager. Again the typical "you have a problem you can speak with teeh manager" is the front line service response. I had a battery die as a result of my car being left out all night with a door opena nd they told me it was my fault. How F_ing low does one go as to try to sneak there way out of responsibility. Even dealers who are so called "family friends" will charge you for everything extra that is possible.
3) General USSR type of motivation: Remember the news casts on people doing ABSOLUTELY NO WORK in Russia in the 1980s. Where you go to a restaurant with a line outside and there are waitresses sitting in the back painting their nails? We'll I do and this is what Chevy dealers are like. You can NEVER get an appointment to stop by and have an issue ooked at or a quick check up done. Everything is so drawn out that you need to come in "next week" to get the smallest of issues looked at. Come On ! It's not an MRI appointment..It's a light on the dash coming up or a certain noise under the hood! Then when the end of the day comes YOU have to call THEIR service group just to find out that"they could not get to it" or the, "parts are ordered". Again Lies on top of lies on top of lies.

GM Needs a serious audit and clean-up of each and every dealer in the US. An option would be having corporate BUY each and every dealership from the lazy ass b_stard families that own them now.(i.e. 3rd generation slugs that are in it for the rip-off):banghead:

Brogan Cadillac in Totowa may be ok, but their sister store in North Brunswick leaves a lot to be desired. I've been jerked around there so much, I'll never go back again. Even my salesman quit because he had enough there.

ben72227
05-04-05, 11:00 PM
Parker Cadillac (Arkansas' ONLY exclusive Cadillac dealer) takes great pride in what they do and i must say they are a great dealership (especially for returning customers)

jjsocrazy
05-21-05, 08:23 PM
Speaking of Premium, ss a matter of fact my father works at Premium Cadillac in New Rochelle, NY. Great dealership, excellent service!!!

ATL Fan
05-22-05, 06:13 PM
Boy, I'm kinda glad I bought my Escalade used from my old man. I know he had problems with his dealership down in ATL dealing with uninformed service consultants. I've read in this forum that Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, VA is the best thing going in the D.C. area. Good for me I guess. Part of GM's problem is they have to many brands. They should $hit-can Pontiac and Buick and direct the cash to their top brands. I can't believe the reports I'm reading on here concerning the shape dealerships are in. I test drove a Lexus GX470 a couple of months ago and it was like walking into a gentlemen's club (no offense ladies).

I went and test drove a CTS-V at Capitol Cadillac in Greenbelt, MD and I had to hunt someone down to get help. The jerk-off I spoke with could care less and thought I didn't have the bling to purchase the car because I was wearing a military uniform at the time. I asked this so called salesman how long it would take to get a silver V without a sunroof. He actually said "Are you sure you can afford something like this?" After asking him to repeat what he just said, because I wasn't sure if I imagined it or not, I made quite a scene and left in a blaze of glory. I guess I should have put some ice-cubes in my ear and thrown on my FUBU jersey before I rolled up in there. The dudes who were decked out in a similar get-up had no problems getting help.

drbellezzo
05-24-05, 07:58 PM
San Diego: Guy Hill Cadillac sucks ass. Just bought an EXT from Guy Hill Cadillac in San Diego. From the day I signed the docs I've regretted it. The list of truly unbelievably poor customer service, overcharging, and outright unscrupulous dealings are too long to list. Please do NOT ever set foot in that dealership. I have had to take my concerns to the district attorney and the attorney representative for the DMV. Sales Manager sucks. Parts manager sucks. and Service is taking me for a ride. each represetntative I've spoken to, all over age 60, treat me like every problem is my fault. Truly unbelievably bad customer service. Anyone know of a good Cadi dealership in SoCal???

BANK
06-03-05, 10:38 PM
I don't think of my dealer as a rip off, it just is. The staff seems pleasant enough, but they just can't fix anything. I have serious concerns if the recall items they purportedly fix or repair really get done. After all, they can't fix anything else.

94CaddyConcours
06-09-05, 11:03 PM
Here in Long Beach we have Cadillac and only Cadillac with go customer service. They just recently remolded their showroom which show off how luxurious cadillac is. But it is rediculous and BS at other dealer that you throw 50 thousand dollar and they treat you like sh*t. WTF is our money to cheap like dirt.

oldgamer
06-21-05, 12:43 PM
I read all these postings again and got this feeling again that a lot of owners complain that show rooms too old, or they aren't that luxurious as Lexus and so on. Come on! We need HONEST service, not a cafe, spa or fountains all around! It will be nice, but I prefer CORRECT DIAGNOSE AND HONEST SERVICE to everything else!

BeelzeBob
06-21-05, 03:09 PM
I read all these postings again and got this feeling again that a lot of owners complain that show rooms too old, or they aren't that luxurious as Lexus and so on. Come on! We need HONEST service, not a cafe, spa or fountains all around! It will be nice, but I prefer CORRECT DIAGNOSE AND HONEST SERVICE to everything else!

The problem is that at Lexus, for example, they have honest service, correct diagnosis AND everything else... If you can get $10.00 - or $10.00 AND a backrub, which are you going to choose?

oldgamer
06-21-05, 03:22 PM
Sorry, I thought it was clear in my post, that I prefer HONEST SERVICE AND CORRECT DIAGNOSYS to anything else. I guess, I said "It will be nice" to have clean show rooms, did I?
And other thing: I do not see a problem that Lexus has honest service, correct diagnosis AND everything else... I see problem is that Cadillac has not.

Zed
06-12-08, 09:39 AM
I have had consitently bad experience from the service department at Premium Cadillac in New Rochelle NY. The people are nice enough, but the service is bad in my opinion and in my experience.

In my case, items are frequently not repaired correctly on the first visit or multiple visits.

I am not kept timely informed of whether my car will be ready as promised or whether they want to keep it overnight.

Worst of all, my car is generally returned with a dirty, oily interior. Don't even dream that they would ever wash your car like a Lexus dealer.

Can anyone recommend a dealer that cares about quality and respects your expensive Cadillac car?

pompste
06-21-08, 10:49 PM
I don't care about showrooms and remodelling. I better go to HONEST mechanic in the auto-repair shop (if I'll find) than nice and comfortable steallership. I just hate these deallerships when they ripp you off just because they can. They lie. I read forum and I can see clearly that almost in all cases owners got more trouble after seen the dealler. The rule is: IF YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF, JUST DO IT!.

I agree with you 100%.We`ve got both a Cadillac and a Chevy dealer within 6miles of our house.I`ve had work done on my Caddy at both at $90.00 an hour labor.They do overcharge on the bigger jobs compared to my local trusted Meineke service center ($69.00 an hour labor).
I now have all my Caddy work done at Meineke since i`ve built a good customer relationship there.I bring in all my own new parts,which i get at discounted prices,and they just charge me labor.I bring in my own oil and filter for oil changes.Of course there is "no" free donuts and plush waiting room.
I do whatever work i can do on my own,when possible.

I have always been treated well when i had work done at the Cadillac and Chevy dealerships---i simply don`t like their inflated labor rates.One little detail i really like at the dealerships though is they always "put down a protective plastic cover over my leather seats,and also a protective mat for the floor before any work is done",without having to ask.You won`t find this courtesy at a smaller service center.I do insist on this courtesy at Meineke though and now i don`t even have to ask at all--they know how fussy i am with my Caddy.

ewill3rd
06-22-08, 09:17 AM
Whether or not the dealer is a single line is pretty much up to the dealer principal.
Our organization keeps most (if not all) of our franchises in separate locations and each facility is a single carline.
Personally I prefer it this way, it lets me concentrate on fixing one brand of car instead of trying to keep up with 5 brands of automobile. It is better I think to know 5 cars from bumper to bumper than it is to know a little bit about 50 of them.
It lets me take better care of my customers.

The last time GM tried to inflict branding regulations on dealers it caused a huge mess and most dealers ignored their threats anyway. It didn't work out at all and the places that changed to conform usually ended up having some issues and losing a lot of money.

www.elindsay.com

TaVern
06-30-08, 01:49 AM
Whether or not the dealer is a single line is pretty much up to the dealer principal.
Our organization keeps most (if not all) of our franchises in separate locations and each facility is a single carline.
Personally I prefer it this way, it lets me concentrate on fixing one brand of car instead of trying to keep up with 5 brands of automobile. It is better I think to know 5 cars from bumper to bumper than it is to know a little bit about 50 of them.
It lets me take better care of my customers.

The last time GM tried to inflict branding regulations on dealers it caused a huge mess and most dealers ignored their threats anyway. It didn't work out at all and the places that changed to conform usually ended up having some issues and losing a lot of money.

www.elindsay.com

This is the reason Lindsay Cadillac continues to be my one and only dealership. They concentrate on me and my vehicle alone.

That kind of service is priceless.