: Front Rotors

jpmccr
10-24-08, 02:15 PM
Just how difficult is it to change the front rotors on a 99 Cat??? Anything special about them or are they basically off and back on?? Thanks....

jebfrank
10-24-08, 10:08 PM
Pretty easy, off and back on.

jpmccr
10-25-08, 03:08 PM
Do I have to worry about the sensor wires? I have done rotors before on my Chevy P/U so I guess I will have to get a seal set as well (which is easier to put back on than get off). The local Advanced Auto has them for about $54 each so I guess I will be doing them next payday. The whole reason for doing them is that they seem to be a bit warped (thump, thump when she slows down) and I have been told by several shops it is better to replace them than have them turned because they will "rewarp" again. What do you guys think; turn or replace???

jebfrank
10-25-08, 08:13 PM
Are you doing pads also? If so you will have to replace the sensor. I don't know what you mean about getting a seal set.

jpmccr
10-27-08, 08:30 AM
I guess I will do the sensors since I have them off. Any idea on the cost. The seal set: I assumed that I had to remove the front bearings from the old rotor and place them into the new one. That was how my Chevy Pick Up was done. But if it is simply pulling them off and pushing back on, that is great!