: Just checkin' in...

JimHare
10-24-08, 09:38 AM
Hey guys - thought I'd just check in to let you know I'm still alive and (fairly) well...after buying the sailboat in July a lot of my spare time was taken up.. lol..but it was great. We'll be taking her out of the water pretty soon, I suppose, then I can spend the winter doing all the things I said I'd do in the summer - the teak could use a going-over and I want to get the engine cleaned up a bit.

I've also been working on the house, fixing the walk-out basement here - it's been a project that I've been on-and-off'ing for about three years. Moved a closet from one spot to another, installed another spot of tin ceiling panels, etc etc. Only one drawback, I think when I was moving the freezer and fridge around I popped a gasket. I developed an inguinal hernia near where my old one was...

I had it worked on on Monday 10/20, so I have been home this week getting back to speed. Not much pain at all, but rather stiff. The incision is just above the crease betweeen my right leg and belly, so moving around the first few days was tough..but it's getting better each day.

The Eldo is at 99,920 miles but since I'm not supposed to drive for 14 days it may be a while before I hit the magic 100K.

So, a wave and salute to Ranger, Sub, Koz and the old gang, and looks like we have a new crop of youngsters here as well.. :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-24-08, 09:56 AM
Welcome back! Nice to hear from ya!

Ranger
10-24-08, 11:07 AM
Welcome back Jim. Been wondering were you where. Sorry to hear about the "gasket". Hope it's healing well.

Rolex
10-24-08, 12:18 PM
Glad you're well Jim. Sorry to hear about the ing hernia. I've been there adn done that myself. Take care and thanks for checking in. Enjoy that new boat. :D

c5 rv
10-24-08, 01:02 PM
Welcome back and post a few sailing pics (like I don't have enough itches that aren't getting scratched already).

RightTurn
10-24-08, 01:58 PM
:wave: Hiya Jim. Nice to see you and I hope you feel better soon.

Lord Cadillac
10-24-08, 02:03 PM
Good to see ya, Jim! It's nice to see you haven't forgotten us.. Good luck on healing up!

TomDeville
10-25-08, 01:07 AM
Warmest Greetings Sir Jim:cool2:

dkozloski
10-25-08, 01:13 AM
Happy hernia to you too. Been there, done that.

Submariner409
10-25-08, 06:28 PM
Hiya..............Do I remember that your boat has an Atomic 4 or is that someone else.......? I have a few anecdotes for that engines' story.......

:sneaky: At least you'll have a winter to heal before you stretch your halyard.

Destroyer
10-26-08, 08:15 AM
Good to see you again

Sandy
10-26-08, 05:22 PM
Welcome Back! I am late to this 'cause it's 61 & SUNNY in New Jersey and was in the middle of a wash & detail marathon from 12 noon to 10 minutes ago.

I hate this time of the year. I brought in the hose :banghead::annoyed::(
No more hobby 'til Mid May, 09.

Rolex
10-26-08, 07:18 PM
I brought in the hose

Thanks for the reminder!! :) It's going to be below freezing for the first time tonight.

JimHare
10-27-08, 07:21 PM
Hiya..............Do I remember that your boat has an Atomic 4 or is that someone else.......? I have a few anecdotes for that engines' story.......

:sneaky: At least you'll have a winter to heal before you stretch your halyard.

Yes it does, the venerable little putt-putt...

We're about to haul her out for the winter - delayed a bit what with the very very slight medical problems...and the good weather...

Thanks all for even remembering me.. lol

JMH

AMGoff
10-27-08, 07:33 PM
Howdy there neighbor.... Hope all has been well with you and yours. Are you ready for the game tonight?