: CF hood

04vman
10-24-08, 04:07 AM
I'm in the market for maybe a carbon fiber oem hood. Does anyone know who sells this that would have oem levels of fit and finish? No cowl or ram air just the stock style but different material.

Bigron
10-24-08, 04:43 PM
Are you looking for weight reduction or looks?

tweeter81
10-24-08, 04:56 PM
Specter Werkes is the only company that I know of that supplies a Carbon Fiber hood to fit our cars. They have two hoods available, the Power Dome and the Heat Extractor and the Power Dome is the only one available in Carbon Fiber.

The hoods can be found here: www.spectergtr.com

Naf
10-26-08, 04:30 AM
Yup, they are your best option....

Me i am on the other end of the world so i have to be creative with my composites...

CF OEM Hood with Ti Louvers...

tweeter81
10-26-08, 01:14 PM
Yup, they are your best option....

Me i am on the other end of the world so i have to be creative with my composites...

CF OEM Hood with Ti Louvers...

Naf,

That sounds pretty sweet. I hope you have more luck with your custom hood endeavor than I do. It just sucks that the cost for one of these things is so high. Anyway, good luck and I can't wait to see the finished product.

spedaleden
10-26-08, 11:10 PM
Specter Werkes is the only company that I know of that supplies a Carbon Fiber hood to fit our cars. They have two hoods available, the Power Dome and the Heat Extractor and the Power Dome is the only one available in Carbon Fiber.

The hoods can be found here: www.spectergtr.com

Man that's a sweet hood

Specter Werkes Sports
10-31-08, 05:05 PM
Specter Werkes can make a CF aftermarket hood. phone number is 248-583-9559 or there is a web site SpecterGTR@sbcglobal.net

Doctornick
10-31-08, 05:34 PM
Any photos of one of these hoods in CF?

SoJersey05V
11-01-08, 02:03 AM
i'm thinking we need specter to do a deck lid aswell!!!!! and maybe a set of fenders! put the V on a diet!

04vman
11-01-08, 04:06 PM
I don't want to change the look of the car with a cowl or louvers, I just want to add some higher quality material to the car, plus i'm going to start taking mine to mini car shows. It would be nice to have the stock looking hood, but when the hood is popped, I would keep the underside unpainted so it would go with my cf engine cover and strut brace from GM. All i'll need after the hood is the cf radiator support.

Specter Werkes Sports
01-22-09, 10:42 AM
Power Dome hood
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s88/specterwerkes/Pictures007.jpg

Extractor Hood
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s88/specterwerkes/CTSVHood.jpg

Doctornick
01-22-09, 10:50 AM
Do you have any shots of it in raw carbonfiber unpainted? I'd love to bolt a CF hood onto my Raven and not have to paint it :)

T.G.
01-22-09, 02:22 PM
The power dome hood looks sick.

Capown
01-22-09, 05:59 PM
Power Dome hood
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s88/specterwerkes/Pictures007.jpg

finally a better damn pic of the front splitter!!! Damn I like that.:lildevil:

01-23-09, 12:00 AM
I have the heat extractor hood on my silver 2004. I have had several people walk up to me in parking lots and comment on the hood. I am not usually into appearance mods, the PO of the car had it installed. I really like to look over stock and it is nice to get extra cooling with a maggie. I am pretty sure it is Carbon fiber. The only down side is that he paint has a few craze marks just above the chrome trim. you have to be with a few feet to notice. I think it is because the cf is flexing.

Specter Werkes Sports
01-26-09, 11:27 AM
i'm thinking we need specter to do a deck lid aswell!!!!! and maybe a set of fenders! put the V on a diet!

We also build carbon fenders and a rear deck for the V.
Fenders $1240
Rear Deck $1095

deedubb
01-26-09, 11:31 AM
^^^^Pics please^^^^

Specter Werkes Sports
01-27-09, 12:51 PM
Unfortunately I do not have any pics available right now, but they look exactly like the stock fenders/deck

tweeter81
01-27-09, 12:57 PM
We also build carbon fenders and a rear deck for the V.
Fenders $1240
Rear Deck $1095

Maybe this has already been discussed before, so I apologize if it has, but do have an idea of the weight savings all of these pieces will offer over stock? Thanks for all the information so far!

Naf
01-27-09, 02:48 PM
Unfortunately I do not have any pics available right now, but they look exactly like the stock fenders/deck

Guys there is always my posted pics, photo shoot take two...

CF trunk, and the fenders look just like stock, minus a few pounds

SoJersey05V
01-27-09, 05:50 PM
how about a deck lid with a smoothed over liscience plate area... if you have your head cocked sideways trying to figure out what i mean lol... like a plain solid lid. no area for reverse lights and find a spot for the plate. maybe a thin lil L.E.D. light in it for the 3rd brake light.

i think that would look good.