: I Need Some Convincing

Southern-Hospitality
10-24-08, 01:22 AM
Convince me to keep my Catera, I've been leaning towards and audi a4 in the last little while and even a few bmws :(

Show me something i could do to make my catera look better. It's a 2001 sport.

I want to keep it but the a4 is killin me.

ondale
10-24-08, 10:32 PM
Did you look at the top post "Show us your Catera"
Check out the photos of CateraMV6 and MYOPEL. Those are simple mods (Wheels and Grill). There are some great photos by CateraMV6 on this site. Alsl Elvin
Fyi for interior space, you are downsizing if you move to an A4. Plus for value Catera blows away that A4. I have a 2001 Catera Sport in Silver and just bought a grill and new Cadillac emblem. Searching now for cool 18" wheels for next summer.

Elvin also has a website of cool Cateras http://search.pbase.com/search?q=catera&x=0&y=0

Southern-Hospitality
10-25-08, 08:17 PM
I'm not to worried about the room, I want the speed and upgrade possibilities of the audi not to mention the look.

I have checked out the show your catera and countless other showcases of cars maybe just time to move on :(

Vesicant
10-25-08, 09:45 PM
Funny, I just bought a 98' A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic recently.

They're different beasts design wise- completely 100% German purpose built "weirdness" whereas the Catera was IMO 70% German, 20% British and 10% American. VW/Audi does everything different- suspension, electronics and powertrain wise. Keep that in mind when you go to service things as it may haunt your wallet. They are fantastic cars though. I love mine so far. The feel of the car reminds me of the poise that the Catera had yet its got more body control in the corners and isnt as "wollowy". Interior wise its Audi quality which is somewhat better than the Cateras. Really the wood accents and leather usage create a nicer environment than the Catera but with the same feel. The trade off vs the Catera is that you have the option of full time AWD, an optional manual transmission, more engine choices and also as you said- more upgrades.

One cannot forget though that the Catera has its exclusivity and it has more user-friendly components. The price is also cheaper in the market today as ondale noted. RWD and a V6 is still a great combo as well as the European inspired suspension. Its up to you really. I know I just came off as being all for the Audi but theres something about a Catera and it being unique to America that even today still makes me miss ours. In the end their attributes are not that much different from each other.

cateraowner
11-04-08, 11:53 AM
I think it comes down to if you want an auto or a manual .

in auto I would take the cat over the a4. I think the cat is more comfortable and still has the sportiness to it

and if you want a manual, then .. well you know

Southern-Hospitality
11-04-08, 11:27 PM
I recently drove a 2004 Infiniti G35 sedan 6 speed. My mind is made. Come April I'll be picking one of those bad boys up for sure.