: Transmission Problems

BlakSpyda
10-24-08, 12:45 AM
Is anyone on this forum experiencing transmission problems from uprgrading their wheels? I talked to a mechanic and was told that he had replaced the transmission on this guys Escalade twice because of his plus size wheels- which where 24inch....just curious

fierodough
10-24-08, 09:08 AM
Is anyone on this forum experiencing transmission problems from uprgrading their wheels? I talked to a mechanic and was told that he had replaced the transmission on this guys Escalade twice because of his plus size wheels- which where 24inch....just curious

My experience from all other vehicles is that if the total circumference of the wheel w/ tire is the same as stock then there should be no problem. IE: Larger wheel + low profile tire = OK. (oh and obviously no rubbing and what not)

The added weight of the wheel has NO impact as the truck is not supporting the wheels, the wheels are supporting the truck. Rotational force is also nothing compared to just adding another passenger.

Also, I might add... At the end of the day, this is a Yukon / Tahoe / Suburban, these trucks are supposed to be tough!

cheers!

Lu Scola
10-24-08, 11:11 AM
I replaced my trans 3 weeks after I bought the truck. It came with 23"s on it. I have since put on 26"s. My tranny has been running great ever since. The ride is not bad either. Im very happy with the look, performance, and ride.