: Dash Lights

RaysCaddy
10-23-08, 08:52 PM
I have a 2002 Cadillac Escalade. When my headlights are on the dash lights turn off along with the radio illumination. During the day when headlights are off the dash lights and radio lights work. Does anyone know of this or ever experienced it. I checked all the fuses by pulling all them out and looking at them. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
RaysCaddy

Lu Scola
10-23-08, 09:47 PM
Have you checked the dimmer switch/wheel to make sure its not turned down?

RaysCaddy
10-24-08, 08:47 AM
Hello,
Yes I forgot to mention that. The dimmer switch is in the up position where it would be the brightest.

Rays Caddy

RaysCaddy
10-26-08, 11:17 AM
ttt, Anyone??

Thanks,
Ray

CaNiBusCK
10-31-08, 05:46 PM
I have this same exact problem with my 02, if u get it fixed or diagnosed please let me know what it was and what it costed you ... i appreciate it

bustainc
01-14-09, 06:35 PM
did anyone get this fixed or solve this?

qbutah
10-22-09, 09:31 AM
Having the exact same problem with the 2002 that my son owns. Has anyone an answer?

sk7
10-22-09, 08:04 PM
With ignition off, if your put the headlight switch on Parking lights or headlights, dash and radio lights work ok and respond with dimmer inputs? Then as soon as the auto lights kick in, the dash and radio lights don't work? This is most likely a problem with the lightswitch. I'll post the wiring diagram... This should be easy to test from there.

Caddycrown_Hollywood
01-12-10, 05:03 AM
Hi, I have got the same problem on my 02 Escalade, but it seems to be a wiring problem. The thing I do to fix it is to move and tap the illumination wheel on the dash and it seems to solve the problem...but when I touch it, it feels very hot. It might be also an overheating of the fuses. I would like to convert all of them to LEDs once they burn out.

ipodrod
03-09-10, 06:21 PM
Ok I had a similar problem but, mines occurred after I put in a Aftermarket radio. My issue was the orange illuminating wire to the radio. I plugged that up and it was an instant fix. It was also causing my information system by the cd changer to cut off also.