: Which Car Rental Companies Offer Cadillacs?

AMGoff
10-23-08, 02:39 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew which companies rent Cadillacs?

The wife and I are going to be taking a trip up to New England in a couple weeks. Since we're going to be staying over in multiple locations, I figured I'd just go ahead and rent a car for the ten days.

However... the last thing I want is to end up with a Town Car. So is there anyone familiar with rental offerings? I'm assuming most companies that do offer Cadillacs will probably only have the DTS? Not that I would necessarily have a problem with a DTS, especially for such a long trip... But it wouldn't be my first choice. I thought I once heard from someone that one or two companies have CTS' and STS' - If that's the case, I certainly wouldn't mind an STS for the trip!

Any info would be much appreciated... Thanks!

hueterm
10-23-08, 02:44 PM
National probably only has DTS, if that...

Avis would most probably have DTS, might have STS depending on location. I think they have CTS too, but they're probably not DI...and again, depending on location.

Hertz might have STS and DTS, again depending on location.

Enterprise...who knows...

Dollar, Thrifty probably only have Chrysler.

Budget has more Ford than anything else.

Are you renting in S. Jersey, or are you flying to N.E. and then renting?

gary88
10-23-08, 02:53 PM
My dealer uses Enterprise for loaners and they always have Cadillacs. I've had a DTS, CTS, and SRX from them before.

Ranger
10-23-08, 04:42 PM
Same here. Dealer uses Enterprise and they have Caddilacs. They do not always seem to have one available though.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-23-08, 04:45 PM
Wow! At the Porsche/Mercedes dealer I use, they have Enterprise and they offer Grand Prixs. Although I don't think any rental agency offers German cars of any sort, aside from the occasional VW.

AMGoff
10-23-08, 05:57 PM
Are you renting in S. Jersey, or are you flying to N.E. and then renting?

I'm going to rent down here and drive up... Hence the reason I wouldn't be all that bothered if I wound up with the DTS, since I'll be on the highway for a few good chunks at a time.

We're actually heading up to the Adirondacks for the first couple of nights (with a brief detour through Cooperstown - which is always a must in my book)... So right there is a good 5-6 hours. Then up through New Hampshire and Vermont... By the end of it, the ride back will be a good 7-8 hours straight, unless we decide to stay over in either the Saratoga Springs area or the Catskills. So a big, cushy highway cruiser would have its benefits.

With that said though... The thought of an STS is slightly more appealing for all of the "B" roads, even if that does mean sacrificing a bit of highway comfort.

MauiV
10-23-08, 05:58 PM
Enterprise, but not all branches. Usually dealer and airport branches do.

hueterm
10-23-08, 06:01 PM
I'm going to rent down here and drive up... Hence the reason I wouldn't be all that bothered if I wound up with the DTS, since I'll be on the highway for a few good chunks at a time.

We're actually heading up to the Adirondacks for the first couple of nights (with a brief detour through Cooperstown - which is always a must in my book)... So right there is a good 5-6 hours. Then up through New Hampshire and Vermont... By the end of it, the ride back will be a good 7-8 hours straight, unless we decide to stay over in either the Saratoga Springs area or the Catskills. So a big, cushy highway cruiser would have its benefits.

With that said though... The thought of an STS is slightly more appealing for all of the "B" roads, even if that does mean sacrificing a bit of highway comfort.

I'd be willing to bet that even if you did find an STS, it wouldn't be an '08 -- and it would be a V6 -- so you'd end up w/the slower V6...

Not that any DTS would be loaded to the hilt either...I don't think they'll have any Performance models.

I have rented N* CXS Lucernes from Avis, however that were decked....

Night Wolf
10-23-08, 06:34 PM

Adirondacks, Saratoga Springs, Catskills.... man... brings back memories of NY.

If you are going to be up there, stay at Lake George, aweomse place with really great family-friendly night life.

AMGoff
10-23-08, 06:43 PM
I'd be willing to bet that even if you did find an STS, it wouldn't be an '08 -- and it would be a V6 -- so you'd end up w/the slower V6...

Not that any DTS would be loaded to the hilt either...I don't think they'll have any Performance models.

I have rented N* CXS Lucernes from Avis, however that were decked....

Ohh... I've already looked at the Lucernes at Avis. I've been tossing that idea around as well - it's certainly not out of the question. Not only would probably get a newer, decked out version of the same car... but it would be a little bit cheaper at that.

Adirondacks, Saratoga Springs, Catskills.... man... brings back memories of NY.

If you are going to be up there, stay at Lake George, aweomse place with really great family-friendly night life.

You hit the nail on the head Rick... Lake George is our first stop - we love it up there. We try to do this trip every other year, but it's actually been two years since we've last made it... So needless to say, we definitely looking forward to it.

Jesda
10-23-08, 07:25 PM
Enterprise rents the CTS and DTS. Call ahead and ask.

Aron9000
10-27-08, 01:57 AM
I drive rental cars all the time where I work. I've seen them rent DTS, STS, CTS(very uncommon though), Escalades, and even an XLR(only saw that one once, and its been a couple of years).

I've also seen them with varying levels of equipment, some have nav, some don't, some V6 and V8 STS's. Just make sure you get one with satellite radio.