: Aftermarket HID flickering problem - 02 Lade

stilez
10-23-08, 10:52 AM
Good Morning,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my '02 Escalade Aftermarket HID (XenonEyes). It's a standard 35watt kit and was installed as per instructions. I upgraded the factory fuses, but the lights continue to flicker when I start the truck; I think mainly due to the draw on the battery when turning over the engine. Obviously this is my automatic lights kicking in. If I dome override before starting, the lights seem to work fine.

I'm at a bit of a block here with what seems to be the problem and how to rectify it so my wife can drive the truck at night without the added steps of overriding the automatic light sensor. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Substance
10-23-08, 12:48 PM
It is the Daytime Driving Lights causing the problem. It happens in most cars with aftermarket HID kits installed. The only real way of getting rid of it, is to completely turn off or disable the DDL.

stilez
10-23-08, 03:56 PM
It is the Daytime Driving Lights causing the problem. It happens in most cars with aftermarket HID kits installed. The only real way of getting rid of it, is to completely turn off or disable the DDL.

Is there a recommended way to do so?