: Center console arm rest, are they worth anything?

tlsmeds
10-22-08, 07:55 PM
I purchased one of the center console CTS armrests from Lindsey and now have the factory armrest that will probably end up collecting dust in my garage. Are they worth anything? Or do I toss it and save myself from looking at it for years thinking I will do something with it one day....

cobra29svt
10-22-08, 09:07 PM
If ya decide to toss it LMK as mine looks like someone used it as a seat. It's cracked on the bottom.

CadzillaTN
10-22-08, 09:14 PM
I purchased one of the center console CTS armrests from Lindsey and now have the factory armrest that will probably end up collecting dust in my garage. Are they worth anything? Or do I toss it and save myself from looking at it for years thinking I will do something with it one day....

what is your opinion on the armrest? I would think the crusing/steering with right hand is much easier not to mention the closed storage space

tlsmeds
10-22-08, 09:40 PM
what is your opinion on the armrest? I would think the crusing/steering with right hand is much easier not to mention the closed storage space

I actually just got it installed and have not had a chance to drive the car with it yet since it has been raining for the last 3 days here. The stock one was pretty uncomfortable IMO, so it can only be an improvement

tlsmeds
10-22-08, 09:44 PM
If ya decide to toss it LMK as mine looks like someone used it as a seat. It's cracked on the bottom.

sent you a PM.

Luna.
10-22-08, 09:45 PM

CTS armrest--one of the best mods I've done. :cool:

CTSV_Rob
10-22-08, 09:46 PM
In the top ten for me as well.

rand49er
10-22-08, 10:14 PM
If anyone had the CTS console for even ten minutes, they'd throw their V console in the trash. Excellent mod!

Good for about 2 hp give or take, too. :D

thebigjimsho
10-23-08, 02:24 AM
Keep the armrest and box it away. When you sell it or trade it in, put the original back and sell the CTS version for %50 off...

deedubb
10-23-08, 09:50 AM
anyone got a Black CTS armrest for sale? :D I hate my stock one.

MauiV
10-23-08, 09:55 AM
Put it up for sell in the CTS forum. Im sure some poser with a V bumper will be all over the "upgrade".

I like the small console myself, keeps me from keeping a bunch of cluttering crap in my car.

CadiBlk
10-23-08, 10:32 AM
I'm 6.1, I don't think that's real tall, but the stock arm rest is at a good height for my lanky arms.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
10-23-08, 10:02 PM
Granted I didn't actually drive the car, but I sat in a CTS just to check out the armrest and didn't think it was that much better. Must have to actually drive it I guess.

MSOsr
10-23-08, 11:25 PM
I'm 6'3" and added the CTS armrest 2 weeks ago (Thanks, Luke!). I love the difference....no pile of insurance cards, registration, nav booklet, tire gauge, detail brush (OK...I'm anal about dust on the dash) under the little armrest in the small cubby. Now all my stuff like that is in the armrest console and not visible.

I also think the height of the CTS armrest is superior to the V armrest....very comfortable to rest my arm while shifting or riding.

Mike