: Nissan makes offer of 20% of Chrysler

Blackout
10-22-08, 12:17 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/22/nissan-makes-offer-for-20-of-chrysler/

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-22-08, 12:35 PM
Hmmm. Interesting. I could see that being a lot easier to swallow for the customers and dealerships than a "merger" with GM would be.

concorso
10-22-08, 12:46 PM
I think an American/French/Japanese merger would be an even harder pill to swallow for diehard moparssiennes...(thats what theyd have to be called) The Renault/Nissan V6 would certainly help make them more competitive.

c5 rv
10-22-08, 02:16 PM
I'm surprised that there isn't any published interest from a foreign automaker that has no U.S. presence, like Tata or Chery. Then again, they may be waiting in the wings for a GM takeover and/or bankruptcy and the offer to buy the rights to the dealer network for a bargain price.

Blackout
10-22-08, 02:22 PM
I'm surprised that there isn't any published interest from a foreign automaker that has no U.S. presence, like Tata or Chery. Then again, they may be waiting in the wings for a GM takeover and/or bankruptcy and the offer to buy the rights to the dealer network for a bargain price.

Chrysler teamed up with Chery to make new cheap cars for them. Chery was originally the company who was going to make the Dodge Hornet but it seems that Nissan/Renault will be building it instead

jey
10-22-08, 03:15 PM
I'm surprised that there isn't any published interest from a foreign automaker that has no U.S. presence, like Tata or Chery.

That's because the Asian financial situation is even worse than here.

fierodough
10-23-08, 06:34 AM
I hope they don't let another American company get bought out by a foreign company! With the American economy the way it is, you need to keep your workers and keep the $$$ in the US.