: Grab the popcorn - V-Day II vids.

PISNUOFF
10-22-08, 02:05 AM
Here's some vids from V-Day II. These are from the RED group. Couldn't go all out as the clutch pressure plate has damn near completely given up. Pedal sticking to the floor and basically not working.

Enjoy!!!

2nd session with me driving.

P3mJDLjXlNU

3rd session with my brother driving.

OPe3VFjjuuE

First vid of 4th session with me driving.

9SBTdwt7P1k

Second vid of 4th session with me driving.

qL15nALvMdo

Third vid of 4th session with me driving. Some people need to learn that just because their dad's car may be faster in the straights doesn't mean it's faster around the track with them driving. They should let others pass so they too can have fun!

qoulAHOKDwc

lmcgrew79
10-22-08, 03:06 AM
One Question, does your camera not get wind noise?

PISNUOFF
10-22-08, 03:09 AM
Remote mount microphone. Hook & loop velcro holds it above the license plate. VERY little wind noise there and LOTS of B&B exhaust sound.

jweymar
10-22-08, 09:31 AM
sweet, nice driving

lollygagger8
10-22-08, 09:56 AM
B&B is absolutely the BEST sound EVER!!! :blurock:

GREAT VIDEOS!!! :food-snacking:

NormV
10-22-08, 10:43 AM
Tell your brother to leave the "Tampa pose"(hand hung over the steering wheel) in FL. :)

Good video. Notice how when in mid turn and the throttle is blipped....quick hands! :)

Norm

4DoorGTZ
10-22-08, 11:12 AM
Man you can fly when you get an open track... Sweet vids!

Lindsay Cadillac
10-22-08, 11:29 AM
Video #4 - Second vid of the 4th session - 6:24 point of the video

That would be me with Norm in the car... :D

Note to self - anything less than a half a tank combined with a high speed right hand turn under power results in a long slow coast down the straight... :doh:

PISNUOFF
10-22-08, 12:15 PM

Note to self - anything less than a half a tank combined with a high speed right hand turn under power results in a long slow coast down the straight... :doh:

EXACTLY. That's why I spent $5.25 per gallon when I got to just above 1/2 tank. I usually need fuel after three 30 minute sessions. If you weren't really pushing it around right handers you can get away with about 3/8 of a tank.

PISNUOFF
10-22-08, 12:25 PM
Tell your brother to leave the "Tampa pose"(hand hung over the steering wheel) in FL. :)

Good video. Notice how when in mid turn and the throttle is blipped....quick hands! :)

Norm

I guess he's used to running through gears MUCH faster than my car does. :eek::eek: That was not quite as scary as using one hand on the steering wheel while flying down the straight and trying it in a corner or two. We worked on hand positioning and throttle control first. He got much better after some pointers and more time on track. That should be something the instructor should say during the first classroom session prior to any beginner getting on the track. In this order:

1. Two hands on the steering wheel at all times unless actually in the process of shifting.
2. Pay attention to your mirrors, the person directly behind you did not drop there from space. They are faster around the track than you and they drove there! Check your ego and let them have their fun and pass.
3.There are no trophies, but it's still fun to pretend (sometimes).

Twitch
10-22-08, 12:56 PM

LOL That makes at least three of us. Happened to me, right after turns 1 & 2. :hide:

qqik4u
10-22-08, 01:05 PM
PISNUOF

I know what you meant - my fourth run I was frustrated and dropped back after you took over and I see now that you did not have any luck with him either. BTW WHO WAS DRIVING THE SILVER Vett in the Red group? Oh well - I had a great time though.

Nice meeting you and your brother. I liked your V setup - helps in the turns as I learned in the 3rd run - Too bad the video did not capture that :worship:

Mick

PISNUOFF
10-22-08, 02:13 PM
Funny story - the camera actually fell off the mount coming off turn two during the third run. The footage from before it fell was kind of like someone in the back seat rotating the camera. It captured some footage of the driver, passenger, back seat, rear window, floor carpet, under the seat.

The silver ZO6 was a father and son combo. The father was great about letting people pass, but the son had a real issue. I guess his dad has the fastest car he's ever seen.

rjoffe
10-22-08, 02:22 PM
The silver ZO6 was a father and son combo. The father was great about letting people pass, but the son had a real issue.

Well that explains some of the issues with that silver vette. Now which one of them slammed on their brakes in the middle of turn 1, leaving me about a foot from their rear end ?

I will say those vettts do break better then our v's :)

BeastMaster
10-22-08, 02:23 PM
Yeah the silver vette was my son and I. We do apologize for any one that we may of held up in the turns. I do hope that we did not ruin anyones fun. As for us- well it was the first time ever on a track and it was unbelievable. At my age there isn't a whole lot that gets the blood pumping but this sure did - it was a blast. Again, we apologies for those we may of slowed down in the turns. I personally thought learjet was unbelievably fast - great driving.

PISNUOFF
10-22-08, 02:40 PM
BM - It wasn't your fault, your instructor should have been paying a little more attention and told your son to let people go. It is way too much for a beginner to pay attention to driving on a track for the first time and also pay attention to the people behind, that's why we have instructors. The braking in the corners also amost got me really bad coming into turn 10. I was just cresting the hill and your son was braking pretty hard and pretty early, I wasn't expecting it and had to brake while my suspension was unloaded. That was a fun 1.5 seconds.:yup::yup:

dhemrick
10-22-08, 09:52 PM
GREAT videos, PISNUOFF! (and great handle too LOL)

In the Second vid of the 4th session, that would be me in front of you in the black STS-V from about 1:20 until I flagged you by at 2:35. I remember seeing you back there and remember how wicked fast you were. I am glad I flagged you by because I really enjoyed following you for most of the rest of that session and watching you hit your lines in the corners. Great job! You're quite the driver. :thumbsup:

Of course, this was also the round where a few laps after that I got down to 1/8 tank of gas and started doing the old "lose power in the sharp turn" thing coming out of turn 1. Kinda scary the first time it happens. :eek:

PISNUOFF
10-22-08, 11:09 PM
DHemrick - Thanks for the compliments. Were you the one with the red inserts on your interior? If so, I am the one who came by and asked if that was custom or aftermarket.

The first time the fuel starvation happened to me was at BeaveRun at about 3/8 of a tank and really freaked me out. Luckily, NormV was in the passenger seat and knew exactly what it was. I have only done it one more time since then, and that was at MidOhio where I was pulling many more g's. It happens just under 1/2 tank with my current setup and since I've been steadily working on the driver mod.

Frozen
10-22-08, 11:22 PM
Sorry Pisnuoff or anyone else i held up. Through the twisties i was much more focused on what was ahead. I checked my mirrors on the straight and let people go by when i noticed they were close. Wish I would of been more aware of you through the turns and let you pass. Again, sorry for holding you or anyone else up. I'll remember next time to be more aware of cars behind me in the turns and let them pass on the straights.

Frozen - Fast Car, Slow Driver

PS - Great driving and real nice with hitting your lines!

dhemrick
10-23-08, 12:24 AM
DHemrick - Thanks for the compliments. Were you the one with the red inserts on your interior? If so, I am the one who came by and asked if that was custom or aftermarket.

Yup, that's me, bud. It was very much a pleasure talking with you.

And, just for the record, the black/red two tone interior looks custom, but it's actually a relatively rare factory option on the STS-V. I think the official name is "Ebony and Tango Red".

AAIIIC
10-23-08, 01:28 AM
Good stuff, PISNUOFF. As the others have said, you're very consistent with your lines - even when you're following slower cars, which is always a challenge. Now get to work on those heel-toe downshifts! :p

I haven't been to Summit main in years, I think '02 was the last time I was there. The 2nd to last time I was there, some guy had a F355 Challenge car. Even after all these years this is one of my favorite clips (http://www.submariner.org/thepno95/Video%20clips/F355%20clip1.mpg) from a track day - the sound of that Ferrari engine at full song, shifting right by the start/finish tower, was just awesome.

thebigjimsho
10-23-08, 02:38 AM

Note to self - anything less than a half a tank combined with a high speed right hand turn under power results in a long slow coast down the straight... :doh:Been there, done that. I think the worst track for fuel is Putnam. And maybe VIR. Putnam is wide open almost all the way around. I think I get 4.5 mpg there. I had to fill up at lunch and throw in a few gallons of race gas before my last run. VIR you're pretty much filling up after almost every session...

Dorrien
10-23-08, 08:56 AM
great vids, when i get my car back i gotta find a track in northern va or maryland and get out there.

Natedog
10-23-08, 12:55 PM
great vids, when i get my car back i gotta find a track in northern va or maryland and get out there.
Let me know what u find, i gotta get some track time under my belt as well.... missed V day 1 and 2 and not happy about it:banghead: im in McLean

qqik4u
10-23-08, 12:59 PM
Nate: No more excuses for you my friend. Wish you would have came to VII day. Anyhow, Working on a video from outside of the cars driving by with some good footage - As soon as I figure out how to make the video on YOUTUBE more sharper/cleaner.

Mick

CadzillaTN
10-23-08, 04:21 PM
nice vids...cool to see all those Vs.

forgive my ignorance here but does the car electronically rob the power if you are below a certain fuel level or is this a balance issue??.............

PISNUOFF
10-23-08, 05:36 PM

forgive my ignorance here but does the car electronically rob the power if you are below a certain fuel level or is this a balance issue??.............

The fuel pickup for the pump is on the right side of the tank and when pulling sufficient g forces around right handers, it starves out.

Twitch
10-23-08, 05:36 PM

G force pulls all the fuel to one side of the tank and dries out the pump.

atdeneve
10-23-08, 07:52 PM
I've had the power go with low fuel on a left hand turn, as well...

PISNUOFF
10-23-08, 08:40 PM
Now that I think about it, the coarses I've been to mainly have high g right handers. I'm willing to bet the pump is in the middle and I just never realized it.