: little Coolant leak please help

SoJersey05V
10-22-08, 01:36 AM
about 3 weeks ago the Nav screen popped up with a check coolant level... everything looked fine. when i brought it to the dealer to do my e-brake i told them of the warning and they added dye in the coolant to check for any leaks..

well on Monday (20th) i was driving and was getting on it pretty good and when i arrived at my friends i smelled a little bit of Coolant..... pop the hood and don't see anything. under the car no puddles. however on the splash guard i saw some of the coolant.

needless to say i called the dealer and am going in on thursday, but in the mean time still driving it and i dont smell/see coolant all the time... only when i drive it hard...

i know some of you have had Rads replaced, maybe its a hose... i dont know.

now i wanted to get everyones opinions b4 going on thursday

thanks in advance

stuckey
10-22-08, 02:02 AM
i think there is a recall or tsb on the 04 and some 05 V's. In one of the lower corners u can develop a tiny crack from too much pressure. The radiator was redesigned to fix this issue. Hope that helps not sure what year your car is.

stuckey
10-22-08, 02:03 AM
haha i just looked at ur name search for the thread about this there is a VIN break in 05

Naf
10-22-08, 09:55 AM
The leak maybe comin from the clips around the outlet hose on the bottom of th Rad... Do yourself a favor, talk with Luke and buy the Rad Upgrade....It will let your engine run much cooler...

SoJersey05V
10-22-08, 10:20 AM
rad upgrade?!?1 i want that!

CadiBlk
10-22-08, 10:45 AM
The rad upgrade will even give you some weight reduction.......in the wallet.

Naf
10-22-08, 10:59 AM
rad upgrade?!?1 i want that!

Talk with Luke from Lindsay Cadi...He has the best hook ups in town...

It is priceless cause you wont be embarrased by any bungs or worries...I have 50+C ambient temps and i was a nice cool 91-95C with the A/C on...

Its Naf approved for coolin...:thumbsup:

CadiBlk
10-22-08, 11:01 AM
Talk with Luke from Lindsay Cadi...He has the best hook ups in town...

It is priceless cause you wont be embarrased by any bungs or worries...I have 50+C ambient temps and i was a nice cool 91-95C with the A/C on...

Its Naf approved for coolin...:thumbsup:

You are going to need to google convert those temps for me and others to understand that other world jibba jabba. Fahrenheit FTW!

SoJersey05V
10-22-08, 11:32 AM
The rad upgrade will even give you some weight reduction.......in the wallet.

ahhh shit... that much?!?!? i'm emailing luke now so he can give me the bad news....lol

ahahnu
10-22-08, 12:04 PM
Just post the price already. I came out to the car this morning to find the whole resevoir spilled on my garage floor.

CadiBlk
10-22-08, 12:45 PM
ahhh shit... that much?!?!? i'm emailing luke now so he can give me the bad news....lol

I actually don't know the price. But I do know that if Luke has it, it will be the best price you can get it for. Let us know how it goes cause I may upgrade next summer.

SoJersey05V
10-22-08, 03:09 PM
emailed Luke and he doesnt have any more as sales were too slo on them and he had to order 5 at a time to get a good price... i asked him the price of them anyway and also where i could get them from. When i get the price from him maybe if we can get 5 people or more i'll ask luke if its possible to do it this one time....

i know i'd by 1

stuckey
10-22-08, 03:15 PM
try to get a group buy up i might be interested

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
10-22-08, 04:14 PM
If memory serves, they were $875.00 plus shipping (both from RDR to me and me to you!) if 5 people are willing to do it I can order some

SoJersey05V
10-22-08, 04:16 PM
Thanks Brother Luke!!!

ahahnu
10-22-08, 04:35 PM
Luke, thanks for getting back to me on the prices. If I need one, I'm just gonna get stock. I called the place and it was over $800, and the guy was saying he only had a listing for '03 and '04. $600 difference isn't going to help nothing but their wallet vs mine.

Junior1
10-22-08, 04:42 PM
Funny you mentioned this, I had the same thing go off the day I left for V Day. I found no leaks or smells so I just topped it off. When I took it to Lindsay the day after, Rob saw that it had dribbled out of the bottom by one of the seams. Most of the seam is folded over, however towards the ends they are not and that poses a problem/weak point. Apparently my 2005 had the old design rad in it and he was able to swap it out with the redesigned one...

SoJersey05V
10-22-08, 05:59 PM
this is what i'm most likely gettingdone for now until we get 5 people to get the RD Rad. then i'll have a spare stocker... but for the mean time i need a replacement

ahahnu
10-25-08, 02:00 PM
Got my radiator yesterday. Thanks Luke!

C66 Racing
10-26-08, 01:48 PM
Maybe a little late here, and maybe not the same problem, but for FYI, my 06 developed a similar hard to find leak (I could smell it but couldn't see it). Turned out to be the water pump, not the radiator. Fixed under warranty.

SoJersey05V
10-26-08, 10:38 PM
water pump huh? got the rad fixed at the V is back to normal! i want a water pump too though! shit everything free i want!!!

ahahnu
10-31-08, 03:56 PM
Yeah this is starting to suck. Got a new radiator installed today, on the way home white smoke comes from out from under the hood like overheat. I stop, open it up and nothing. I happen to notice, if you are looking from the front, front left and down a little moisture on the belt, got down and see drops on the ground. I'm guessing the water pump, but that's all that it is, a guess.

Bob T
10-31-08, 09:11 PM
I had the same symptoms and after two or three trips to the dealer they replaced the water pump. (under warranty) no problems since