: question on my 95 deville concours. heat gone out and check engine light....

cadillacjack08
10-21-08, 09:27 PM
so this problem has not happen too frequent...in fact today was the first day. my heat goes out and then my service engine soon light comes on. i was wondering if it may be my water pump but there is no milky substance in my oil...any suggestions? i have a 95 deville concours...thx

Ranger
10-21-08, 09:30 PM
I assume that the blower is still blowing, but no heat? Did you pull the DTC's to see what tripped the SES light?

cadillacjack08
10-21-08, 10:04 PM
I assume that the blower is still blowing, but no heat? Did you pull the DTC's to see what tripped the SES light?

yea the blower still blows just cold air. i have not had a chance to pull the codes yet... i will first thing in the morning. i was just trying to get a feel of what it might be

cadillacjack08
10-22-08, 05:16 AM
so i pulled my codes this morning....
nothing current but history showed po56 i027 a037 s036 s044. but like a dummy when i did this before i did not clear the codes so :thepan: anything you guys see that might relate?

Ranger
10-22-08, 10:40 AM
If the blower is working, then there is probably air in the heater core if this happened suddenly. Check the purge line first.

None of those codes are related.
http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html

cadillacjack08
10-22-08, 11:01 AM
If the blower is working, then there is probably air in the heater core if this happened suddenly. Check the purge line first.

None of those codes are related.
http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html

i sent you p.m. on this post. ok so it may not be my water pump i will get right on checking this:cheers:

read your p.m. and i will check the purge line when i get off of work today. thkx

cadillacjack08
10-22-08, 12:44 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so i went to pull the purge line....(the small one that is sitting at the top of the tank) and noticed the bottom is not hooked into anything. i think that may be my source but i did not see where this other end should go.

Submariner409
10-22-08, 02:50 PM
Not sure, but does this model have a purge line AND a coolant overflow line ? ......or just an overflow.....

Ranger
10-22-08, 04:10 PM
It's a Northstar Sub. It should have both. I directed him to the purge line in a response to a PM he sent. I think he was looking at the overflow.

cadillacjack08
10-22-08, 06:44 PM
yea when i went to look at the purge line during lunch i noticed the overfill and i did not know that it was supposed to lead to nowhere..lol. i will update after i check the line to tell you guys what i found.

cadillacjack08
10-23-08, 07:37 AM
ok so as i was unscrewing the purge line i heard what sound like pressurized air come out....then when i started immediatly the coolent ran through. so if this problem pursist what would be the cause?

Ranger
10-23-08, 12:00 PM
So we know that your purge line is not plugged. Either get a test kit from Napa and test the coolant for the presence of exhaust gases or have it done somewhere to either condemn or rule out the head gaskets.

cadillacjack08
10-23-08, 02:09 PM
So we know that your purge line is not plugged. Either get a test kit from Napa and test the coolant for the presence of exhaust gases or have it done somewhere to either condemn or rule out the head gaskets.

so it could be the headgasket even though it does not idle rough, and there is no smoke in the pipes? i thought that those were the give aways? also simce i opened the purge line it has not lost heat or had the SES come on!! i hope that was all it needed becausse normally i would have lost the heat or the light would have came on at least once on the way home

Ranger
10-23-08, 04:45 PM
Those are signs, but may not be present in the very early stages. Save the test for when and if it happens again.

cadillacjack08
10-23-08, 05:28 PM
Those are signs, but may not be present in the very early stages. Save the test for when and if it happens again.

thank you so much for you patience and help!! :dance:

Ranger
10-23-08, 08:15 PM
Glad to help. Good luck and keep us updated.