: Schmucks and Alarms dont mix

Stoneage_Caddy
06-19-04, 03:34 PM
Got this guy that moved into the neiborhood a few weeks ago .

he drives this toyota tundra , nice truck ...

Problem is that it has a car alarm . Everytime it thunders , everytime any kind of loud noise happens it goes off . This is aweful in a thunderstorm becuase it goes off for hours at a time . Then if its quiet out it goes off too !!!!

But the worst part is every night at 1145 pm it chirps really fast 3 times . This wouldnt be bad but he lives directly across the street from me , 25 yards from my bedroom window.

I think tonight im gonna park my car out front of his house and lay on my horn 5 seconds after he arms his .

Its not like we live in the getto or anything , we have breakins occasionally but its ususly cars that ask to be broke into , you know the ones that have clarion/fosgate or whatever advertised on every square inch of the back window of the car . Ive looked at the truck , its all stock , why get the most sensitive alarm out and keep it armed 24 hours a day 7 days a week , this truck never leaves the driveway and the owner never goes anywhere !!!!!!

end vent

Ralph
06-19-04, 03:47 PM
They are annoying sometimes. You should talk to your other neighbours and see what they think?

Stoneage_Caddy
06-19-04, 03:48 PM
good idea , maybe we can form a angry mob with picks,shovels,torches and pitchforks to remove his alarm

elwesso
06-19-04, 03:50 PM
I never remember any alarms going off in our neighborhood...

I agree with ralph.... But I like your idea... Wire it up so you can have a swtich for your horn in your bedroom, and then when it goes off just lay down the law

Or get an airhorn... That would be fun...

Ralph
06-19-04, 03:52 PM
good idea , maybe we can form a angry mob with picks,shovels,torches and pitchforks to remove his alarm

LOL! Can I join? :p Maybe he can turn down the sensitivity of the alarm. Some can be set for that still, cant they?

elwesso
06-19-04, 03:58 PM
Im pretty sure its the stock. I saw a sequoia (sp) and it had the same thing. Whne they lock it starts beeping frantically, and then stops...

Ralph
06-19-04, 04:02 PM
I never remember any alarms going off in our neighborhood...

I agree with ralph.... But I like your idea... Wire it up so you can have a swtich for your horn in your bedroom, and then when it goes off just lay down the law

Or get an airhorn... That would be fun...

But then poor Stoney will probably have to deal with complaints from the neighbours? LOL! Or the police. Our noise bylaw kicks in at 11 p.m.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-19-04, 04:05 PM
i have been wanting to build another portable semitruck airhorn

guess ill go get a compressed air horn kit and a airtank

brougham
06-19-04, 04:19 PM
It doesn't sound like it has a factory alarm.

Start calling bylaw when it goes off and let them deal with it. If they don't want to just start setting yours off for no reason in the middle of the night when his is quiet!

Elvis
06-19-04, 06:05 PM
I always wanted to rig up one of these. Of course, I'd need a compressor and a reserve tank. Maybe someday if I get a big enough vehicle...

http://i16.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/fb/b5/f5_12_s.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4124&item=2251158115&rd=1

caddyshack24
06-19-04, 06:49 PM
get ona bullhorn and start making chirping sounds.. he'll get the picture

i had a guy around here who had his set that way, used to drive by and let the SPL set it off.. wonder where he moved to

CoupeDevilleRob
06-19-04, 08:15 PM
A few weeks ago there was a car parked around the corner with the alarm going off constantly. The damn thing was going for like 24 hours, I wanna know what kind of battery that guy had. When everyone woke up and the alarm was still on enough people called the cops that they came and ticketed it. Then the cops came back a few minutes later and towed it, god I love the NYPD.

Msilva954
06-19-04, 08:23 PM
My neighbor also has a Toyota...Camery, and his alarm is always going off, I dont even think he knows english, so maybe he cant read the directions. When it goes off he just lets it run its course, which is usually like 3 min.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-21-04, 10:48 PM
im gonna look up the bylaws this week , dads the associtation president of this community so he should know . its not what you know but who you know !

im still gonna build my portable semitruck airhorn tho ..just got to remeber how i made the last one , worst part was is it needed to be charged with shop air , wont be possible to acess shop air at sporting events , but for a short time ill show the stupid europeans whats up in airhorns ! 2005 F1 USGP here i come !