: Show Me V-Day II!!!!!

SkullV
10-21-08, 11:04 AM
Guys,

Where are all the pics, videos, and track reports that we had after V-Day I??? Is there a do not post order out there because of some track carnage or did everyone forget their cameras?

Twitch
10-21-08, 11:34 AM
Guys,

Where are all the pics, videos, and track reports that we had after V-Day I??? Is there a do not post order out there because of some track carnage or did everyone forget their cameras?
Carnage??? :bricks: Funny you should say that. FIRST lap of the day, an "instructor" (on a super cold surface) decided to hide his new Z06 in the woods. We lost a few hours, and a couple sessions. :cursin:
Not a lot of guys home yet. I checked my camera, and it seemed to have a lot of memory left. I had 1 1/2 good sessions out there. But due to my battery issues, I didn't record any of it :banghead:. At least Norm said I did well :thumbsup:.
Turned out to be a great day. We didn't really get on the track till after noon. Feff and crew did a great job of getting us as much track time as they could. Thanks Feff :highfive:

dukie1993
10-21-08, 11:46 AM
I'm processing my pics, but they are on the way.

Here are two to look at while you wait.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/ctsvphoto/SP3rNgTaYKI/AAAAAAAAAFA/UANne0DOaR8/IMG_8857.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/ctsvphoto/SP3sLDo_VZI/AAAAAAAAAFg/COf2ESIUAbc/IMG_8817.JPG

Twitch
10-21-08, 11:52 AM
I'm processing my pics, but they are on the way.

Here are two to look at while you wait.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/ctsvphoto/SP3rNgTaYKI/AAAAAAAAAFA/UANne0DOaR8/IMG_8857.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/ctsvphoto/SP3sLDo_VZI/AAAAAAAAAFg/COf2ESIUAbc/IMG_8817.JPG
Is it me, or are those pics not coming up? I tried both browsers :hmm:

qqik4u
10-21-08, 11:58 AM
video's and pic will be coming soon as some of us had to come to back to work :nono:

What a fun day - Learned so much this time around than the V1 day - All the nerves were settled this time until Andy drove my car :lildevil: - That was the best on hand training. WoW - Did not know what my car could do and he did mention "You have sooo much torgue in this car setup - leave it in 4th and you will rip the track". After running with Andy and the excellent instructors the afternoon got faster and faster.

Nice meeting all again and new folks too - I am addicted - when and where is the next VIII DAY?

Mick

rand49er
10-21-08, 12:01 PM
Is it me, or are those pics not coming up? I tried both browsers :hmm:It ain't you, 'cause I've got little rectangles with little red "X"s in them instead of pics.

Didn't get started till noon?!! Bet you guys weren't none too happy with that "instructor."

qqik4u
10-21-08, 12:05 PM
It ain't you, 'cause I've got little rectangles with little red "X"s in them instead of pics.

Didn't get started till noon?!! Bet you guys weren't none too happy with that "instructor."

It was a valuable leason to all that cold tires, cold engine, cold everything is not good at high speed. Plus the poor guy was taken to the hospital.

dukie1993
10-21-08, 12:13 PM
Sorry about that. Try these image links.

Bill Strong
10-21-08, 12:47 PM
more pictures please!

I was the guy driving the White Toyota MR2, and also the guy the had the brake caliper fall off our 24 Hours of Lemons race car MR2. Sorry about the holdup as they towed me in.
That was an awesome event. Next year if I am invited back I will for certain bring my Northstar powered 1986 Toyota MR2 and see if I can keep up with the V's.
It was fun having the lowest powered car at the event, though looking in the mirror and seeing no one, then looking at gauges, then looking back up and seeing the Cadillac emblem in the mirror was interesting, I can probably draw it by heart as I memorized it :)

Great time guys!

dukie1993
10-21-08, 12:53 PM
Let me know if this link works, Bill.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/ctsvphoto/SP36niNmCSI/AAAAAAAAAGI/VpMwgu6iCA8/IMG_9411.JPG

Otherwise you can find the photo here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ctsvphoto/Green12#5259635496944273698

Bill Strong
10-21-08, 01:04 PM
damn awesome. My car actually "looks" fast!
thanks man.
I'll get a CD of My MR2, the multi-color MR2 and the silver MR2 Spyder when you get them done. I'll keep a lookout for them. I saw you at the end of the day at the Carousel.

dukie1993
10-21-08, 01:32 PM
Great. Thanks a lot for the order. Once I get everything posted I'll send you links to the thumbnails and payment info.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
10-21-08, 01:46 PM
It ain't you, 'cause I've got little rectangles with little red "X"s in them instead of pics.

Got started between 11:30-12:00. I believe everyone only lost one run session thanks to Mark doing some creative eating lunch scheduling. great day all around however (I thought)

NormV
10-21-08, 02:34 PM
<- 1.22 = 1.10-> running 1:35 secs with 115 mph front straight speed while giving rides. :)

The pictures should turn out good as clouds were few.

Good running with you guys again! It is always nice to see a group of enthusiasts who want to tame the beast. It's allot of car to drive at it's limits. :)

V-Sam will have to give a full report on his ride with Andy Pilgrim in the 09 V.

Norm

dukie1993
10-21-08, 02:37 PM
Norm, were you in Green I-1?

RVO27
10-21-08, 02:58 PM
I got a chance to ride with Andy Pilgrim in the 09 V towards the end of the day. That car and Andy together are ridiculous!!! He hit 140 down the front straight and got 1.35 on the g meter during my ride! He said that was the highest he had got so far! I didn't know a car could actually drive like that! I wish I could have done it a few more times! By the way there were four people in the car including Andy when I got a ride!

NormV
10-21-08, 03:15 PM
Yay, my car has the golf ball effect. :)

Norm

NormV
10-21-08, 03:15 PM
Yay, my car has the golf ball effect. Aerodynamic bumps. :)

Norm

dukie1993
10-21-08, 03:35 PM
Here's a pic, Norm

http://picasaweb.google.com/ctsvphoto/GreenI1#5259677250999439730

http://lh4.ggpht.com/ctsvphoto/SP4gl8MGUXI/AAAAAAAAAHE/BJKAhBwRgno/IMG_9240.JPG

More on the way.

rand49er
10-21-08, 04:46 PM
... It's allot of car to drive at it's limits. :)

V-Sam will have to give a full report on his ride with Andy Pilgrim in the 09 V.

NormYeah, I kinda wish I had some under-powered but decent handling thing to practice with. The V, even stock, is a handful.

And, V-Sam rode with Pilgrim?!! "Full report" for sure! :yup:

PISNUOFF
10-21-08, 06:41 PM
<- 1.22 = 1.10-> running 1:35 secs with 115 mph front straight speed while giving rides. :)

The pictures should turn out good as clouds were few.

Good running with you guys again! It is always nice to see a group of enthusiasts who want to tame the beast. It's allot of car to drive at it's limits. :)

Norm

115??????? This is aweful slow, you mean 150 mph, right? I was tickling 150, so I'm sure Andy was also.

I'll have links to videos after I get home from work tonight. I'll start a new thread.

10-21-08, 07:01 PM
Riding with Andy in the 2009 V was the absolute highlight of the day. Not only seeing what Andy can do....but seeing how that car reacts to his inputs.....holy carp.

And he gets PAID to have all that fun.....

NormV
10-21-08, 07:18 PM
Nope, just put in 5th by pit out with a student in the car. GPS verified not an optimistic speedometer. :) besides anyone can push the go-pedal. I like cooking through 5-9 turns.

I was in James's car when we went 130+. He was doing low 80's through turn 4!

Norm

115??????? This is aweful slow, you mean 150 mph, right? I was tickling 150, so I'm sure Andy was also.

I'll have links to videos after I get home from work tonight. I'll start a new thread.

CadiBlk
10-21-08, 08:44 PM
I don't believe any of you guy's claims until i see video!!! :lildevil:

Start uploadin you mofo's. :banghead:

dukie1993
10-21-08, 08:47 PM
Red group is uploaded. Check out the pics at http://picasaweb.google.com/ctsvphoto

Remember to click on "More Info" if you want to order photos. See the price list in the "Unofficial Photography" thread and send me a PM or email me at jhancock@sms.com.

Yellow group is being uploaded now and Green group will immediately follow.

Nutz
10-21-08, 09:01 PM
I don't believe any of you guy's claims until i see video!!! :lildevil:

Start uploadin you mofo's. :banghead:

Yeah dat!! Bring on some V noise!! Show us some Lateral G readings too!
(thanks Skull, I thought I was losin my mind:bonkers: after 24hrs. with no highlights):thumbsup:

Mr. Pilgrim in a new V... Long Sigh... Sweeet.

dukie1993
10-21-08, 09:14 PM
All photos are uploaded. Enjoy!

qqik4u
10-21-08, 09:55 PM
OK - All Here is my G numbers after the run in VII day - My tops on the straight was 130MPH with my maggie mods - that was pushing it. and the G number I captured on the way home were: <-- 1.16 1.21 --> : Pure stock suspension

PISNUOFF
10-21-08, 10:02 PM
Nope, just put in 5th by pit out with a student in the car. GPS verified not an optimistic speedometer. :) besides anyone can push the go-pedal. I like cooking through 5-9 turns.

I was in James's car when we went 130+. He was doing low 80's through turn 4!

Norm

I only went out for 2 sessions (my brother drove the other 2 sessions) and the camera battery died on my first session and the stupid LS7 pressure plate was severely F'ing up all day. You'll be able to see me not shifting/not being able to get it into gear and coasting down the latter half of the front straight just trying to get it to go back into 3rd gear after running out 5th to red line. With clear track I was getting some pretty good speed through turn 4. You can ask 2Quick how I was doing through turns 5-9.:bouncy::bouncy:

I'll have to look at my g meter when I get home. Can't drive the Fattie because of some carnage from yesterday. Almost didn't make it home. Ooops!:crying:

lmcgrew79
10-21-08, 10:05 PM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/lmcgrew79/IMG_3466.jpg

Im gonna post some video asap...
BTW Had a wonderful time guys.

PISNUOFF
10-21-08, 10:08 PM

How'd you like it compared to Autocrossing?? We'll have to meet up at MidOhio in the spring.

lmcgrew79
10-21-08, 10:15 PM
Autocrossing may be more challenging on timed events, but this is a few notches up on the fun meter.
Mid ohio you let me know ill be there.

NormV
10-21-08, 10:16 PM
Sounds good! Good meeting you!

Norm

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/lmcgrew79/IMG_3466.jpg

lmcgrew79
10-21-08, 10:18 PM
Nice meeting you to Norm.
Another note, ive not pulled them g's in an autocross, but there are also no banked turns.
132 was my top speed on the straights.

ssstealth
10-21-08, 10:24 PM
This is a shot that tells the story of the day as well...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/STS-V/v-day%202/7mpg.jpg

PISNUOFF
10-21-08, 10:35 PM
I must be doing something wrong. I averaged 9.1 mpg.

ssstealth
10-21-08, 11:34 PM
Andy making a lap early in the STS-V

FHYwaMdvGmQ

qqik4u
10-21-08, 11:45 PM
ssstealth: That was quick lap was it not? I had just got onto the track in the follow the leader red group in the morning and saw your car in my rear view and then got into the pit wihin one lap.

He did drive my car later in the day and boy that was fun.

This has been a great experience for me -

dhemrick
10-22-08, 12:22 AM
Great video Bill! Thanks for posting it. It was good to finally meet you in person. As the only other STS-V guy there, I can certainly appreciate it. Andy really was pushing her hard! Very impressive. You should post it over in the STS-V forum and show 'em what they missed.

I averaged 8.6 MPG for the day, so I guess I was doing something wrong too. :o I'll try harder to burn more gas next time! :lildevil:

It was my first time doing an event like this, and I have to say it was a really enjoyable experience. I really enjoyed meeting so many nice people and I learned a hell of a lot too.

Black Sunshine
10-22-08, 12:59 AM
This was a GREAT event (and I've been to quite a few national events). I met many wonderful people, learned a helluva a lot and had an absolute blast on the track. Un mil gracias to Luke and Mark. You done good.

Sunday Night @ the local multi-screended sports bar/resto

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/CTS-V/Lindsay%20V-Day%20II%202008/LinsayVDayII10_20_08.jpg

Got up Sunday morning to frozen cars with a thick layer of frost (I really believe my tire pressures actually dropped on the way out to the track).

Got to the track and Mark held a mandatory drivers meeting. Then the Green Group (Advanced) went out to their cars while most everyone else stayed for a mandatory newbie class. Great instruction/ors including Andy P. VERY informative.

Heard GG head out onto the track through the walls of the room. Then silence. Then cars pulling back into the pit. Mmmmmmmmm????

We left the class. I followed Andy out to the top of the pit area when we heard that a vette went off the track into the trees between 9 and 10. We had just been told in class that this was the most technical turn on the track with some serious suspension compression and release in the middle of that turn and to be careful with the throttle coming out of it. Cold track. Cold tires. Cold drivers. EXTREME caution.

Then we heard on the radio that they were bringing the former instructor into the pits. They had to cut trees to get to all the car parts that were in the woods. The track covered the load and carried it over to their track garage away from the track. Mark really tried hard to get them to bring it over to be the last thing anyone saw before they left to go on the track but they refused. Pic-phobia, I believe.

The instructor gingerly walked up to us and said he came out of the corner and lost his rear wheel off the track, he spun up the track towards the bridge, off the other side of the track and into the trees. Other drivers on the scene said he was doing upwards of 80 MPH and accelerating and left a wheel and various parts near/on the track. He was walking very carefully.

The track required him to visit the EMT and they decided he needed to go to the hospital. Several broken ribs, torn spinal/back muscles and no desire to ever race again. Then we were told we couldn't run on the track without an EMT onsite. Had to wait for them to return. Mark was LIVID and another driver meeting was held.

We killed the time while learning more driving physics in class. Then the track let us do several 35 mph parade laps. I drove them to familiarize myself with the track while following Andy P's (he drove the 09 up front) lead and lines. The EMT finally returned and the groups (Green, Yellow - Red) got back on track.

Mark, his staff and the track personnel did a fantastic job of pushing the rest of the day to get everyone maximum time on the track. I'm pretty sure I did 5 of the 6 runs scheduled with the Red Group.

(Andy's on the left:histeric:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/CTS-V/Lindsay%20V-Day%20II%202008/LinsayVDayII10_20_0810.jpg

Andy P was one hard working SOB climbing in and out of the 09 V and other peoples' cars all day. You could tell he was honestly tickled to be hanging out with the regular folk and sharing his love for speed. He said he only got to do this kind of thing a few times a year and he loves doing it. I asked him to autograph the V and take a pic with me and the car. He was only allowed to drive. No riding with other drivers. His boss was there to keep an eye on him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/CTS-V/Lindsay%20V-Day%20II%202008/LinsayVDayII10_20_088.jpg

I jumped in the back of the 09 V as Andy was pulling out for some laps with the Green guys. We did 3 full blast laps. All I can say is "WOW!!!" I think I said, "HEEEYYYY!! Wasn't that the braking point back there?" It was funny getting out of the car and experiencing, for the first time in my life, a desire to kiss the ground.

I was bound and determined to soak up as much info as possible and hung around Andy whenever I could in the hope of picking up every tidbit.

Pulled some great sessions with my instructor riding shotgun on all but the last one. He was great and very helpful with good feedback. We were offered and I accepted, along with many others, an invitation for more class time during the other groups' runs. I really appreciated the in depth analysis of Newton's and Einstein's Laws.

I managed to snag Andy one more time and got him to drive The Don around the track for a few very high speed, very late braking, very incredible laps with me holding on for dear life in my passenger seat. (Anyone ever consider makin us some billet dash grab handles?) You know? Now that I think of it, that's the first time I've ever ridden in The Don's passenger seat.

I'm on the tail end of a 4,000 mile business trip. ATL tonight and home tomorrow. The car is wearing new Toyo street tires, drilled rotors/Hawk pads/SS brake lines with the Caddy Racing Monster sway bars mounted. Pretty much stock setup up and alignment otherwise. I toasted 7/8 of a tank of gas on the track. I pulled .98 and .99 G's. Andy managed to pull 1.17 and 1.12 on the gauge with hot rotors/pads and a set of very loud, protesting tires. The pads held up great but for some reason the edges of the tread on my new tires got worn off. WTF? :thumbsup:

After the run in my V, Andy was very curious about the sway bars and climbed under to take a look at them. He said they looked nothing like the bars he ran on his car during his time with Cadillac. He was suprised at how big they were and said the ones his engineers used on his cars were smaller and of a different design. He postulated that they may have been experimental and never got onto his car. He said they made the car hard to turn in (he's right) and recommended that if I keep them on that I sell the coil overs before I install them, some new camber and toe settings and VERY sticky tires to help balance the car better and to get the most out of it. (yes, I wrote it all down as fast as I could so I wouldn't forget what he told me)

I went by Lindsay this morning on my way back to GA, dropped another $1K on parts and said thank you to Luke again (and put in a good word for him from ALL of us with the GM).

I've got video of a few of my runs and one lap with Andy driving my car during the last session before my battery died. I'll try to post them up.

I repeat!
UN MIL GRACIAS LUKE, MARK AND ALL MY V BRETHEREN!!!
I had a wonderful time.

Junior1
10-22-08, 02:32 AM
Well I'm back home in NY, after 3 days, 2 nights, alot of money, alot of laughs and 1 speeding ticket later...
Gotta give props and thanks to the guys at Lindsay and Pheffer for making the day a blast.

Just the time in the class with Andy was worth it, but gettin to ride along while he beat the snot out of the V2 was icing on the cake.
I was really able to put what he said to use when I saw how he drives (if you look at one of the pics in Andy's album, with 4 of us riding along, that was me in the back holding on white knuckled to the roof as we passed what I thought was the turn-in mark for that corner at full throttle :eek:)
Guys the dude actually wore like 45 degree angles in the middle of the tires and the lettering on the side of them was worn halfway down the sidewalls...can u say bad@ss...

Anyways it was great to meet everyone and put a face to the names, especially those from NY

I was Yellow - 17 in the picture album, I only pulled .92 or a .94 on my meter but I was hittin 125-128 on the straight constantly. I even broke 4,000 miles on the V this weekend.

I've got to say thanks to Tony for lettin me use up his blue tape so I could make my "home depot special" bra.

Also thanks again to Luke, Rob, Bill, and Steve over at Lindsay. I took the V there for some maintenance after VDay, along with a new UUC shifter, motor mounts, tranny mount, and rear strut bar. I must say it makes the shifts way more precise and the mounts really tighten things up. The only downside is now I can really hear just how clunky the V's drivetrain is...I guess I need a new exhaust to cover it up :)

lmcgrew79
10-22-08, 02:41 AM
YouTube - V Day II Summit Point, WV
Trying to Chase Bob.

PISNUOFF
10-22-08, 02:50 AM
Nice vid. It took me 4:00 to figure out out what was flailing in front of the camera, your wife's hair. Driving looks great for your first time on a road coarse.

PISNUOFF
10-22-08, 03:44 AM
I'll have to look at my g meter when I get home.

<--1.19 -g- 1.20-->

pveomett
10-22-08, 02:37 PM
I had a great time. It was cool to see the group of people together (all different ages and experience level). I learned alot, especially how much my car can handle. For the first session or two I was worried about beating on my car, but after a couple times out on the track I found out I was the one limiting how crazy things got out there, not my car. At the end of the day alot of the things Marium (sp?) and Andy said made alot more sense, and left me wanting a little more time on the track to try and push myself a little more.

Thanks to Luke and the guys at Lindsay, Mark, and all the instructors!

Nutz
10-22-08, 06:00 PM
This is some good stuff! There's a strong theme here, "had fun BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY LEARNED ALOT". It was the very same for me at V-Day I. I think it's important to point out that everybody found out what these cars can do ONCE THE TIRES GET HEATED UP on a track. For those wanting to try this stuff on the local roads, be wise, be safe, and wait for the next Track Time event, I know I'm looking forward to V-Day III myself. Thanks for the cool posts people! Keep 'em comin. :yup:

thebigjimsho
10-23-08, 02:22 AM
Depressing. That's what it feels like to read all this stuff. But it will make strong my resolve to be at V-Day III.

As for the Vette going off course, was it at Turns 9 + 10 or Turn 4? On my brother's simulator, I always struggled with the CTS-VR on Turn 4 with the braking zone cresting the hill and slightly off-camber right hander following...

Twitch
10-23-08, 07:44 AM
Depressing. That's what it feels like to read all this stuff. But it will make strong my resolve to be at V-Day III.

As for the Vette going off course, was it at Turns 9 + 10 or Turn 4? On my brother's simulator, I always struggled with the CTS-VR on Turn 4 with the braking zone cresting the hill and slightly off-camber right hander following...
Going through the dip in turn 9.

ewill3rd
10-23-08, 10:02 AM
I have been busy since VII day, I had to go up to NYC for some training on the Hybrid transmission in the Escalade.

It was a blast, the weather was great, it was really nice meeting a few more of you and seeing a lot of familiar faces from VI.
It was sure a shame that one of the "instructors" went off the track. I have some pictures and footage of the car, we got yelled at pretty good for taking pics and were told to delete them immediately! :whistle:
I am not going to post it of course but suffice it to say, that car was wasted and the guy was lucky that he only got hurt as "little" as he did.
All the body work pretty much exploded right off the car, the skin was gone off the driver's door, the air bags went off, and you could see where the door was pushed into the driver a bit.

Meeting Andy was awesome, I didn't do any ride alongs because I didn't want to aggrevate my knee injury. I got a little bit of video and I think Steven got some still photos.
I'll post up what I can later.

I have to get to work before I get in trouble ;)

Jon
10-23-08, 10:27 AM
Looks like you guys had a blast. I need to appoint someone here to make sure I make it to V-Day III.

And since we're all posting g-meters... On stock suspension and street tires:

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v312/186/118/172011313/n172011313_36525677_9384.jpg

Black Sunshine
10-23-08, 10:46 AM

My instructor pointed out a black mark on the asphalt just before that right hander and told me to point the car at it coming thru there. Then when I rode with Andy I noticed several things he was doing thru that section and did my best to replicate it on my following runs and I cut a huge chunk of time going thru there. He was on the gas all the way down that hill (I was braking coming into that turn). He actually accelerated just a bit just after the crest of the hill as the suspension recompressed and stayed in it until the last split second to take the next left hander.

I guess all it takes is experience and a lil guts to throw the car around thru there.

My biggest issue was not having any heel-toe experience. That would have helped make the downshifts a lot more effective and smoother. I'm gonna mount the gas pedal "extender" I've got and start doing some back road practicing.

And Jon, we're not all just posting our G meter readings. We're posting our readings from Summit Point. You got one?
And at the ripe old age of 22, I imagine you're man enough to take care of your own scheduling. :bigroll:

pveomett
10-23-08, 11:07 AM
Gene, I must say, I was a little miss-lead when I was loading up my car Tuesday morning and saw a note under my wiper that read "Dinner? Call my cell" lol! Sorry I didn't get back to you, I didn't leave my hotel room all night. That was a very mentaly exhausting day just trying to soak up as much information as I could (and making a concious effort not to hide my car in the woods).

Again it was great meeting everyone, and I look forward to seeing everyone that shows up at V-Day 3!

ahahnu
10-23-08, 11:16 AM

Definately disappointing. Definately JEALOUS, I'm not afraid to say it.

So when is V day III. The sooner we get started organizing, I can schedule a vacation around it. I hope to meet yous and have a good time, glad you all had a blast and no one got hurt.

qqik4u
10-23-08, 12:54 PM
My boy took some good videos outside of the car and got alot of small footage with various groups and cars - He is working to make it a nice montage.

One question - when I loaded it onto youtube the quality of the video went down. Can someone help with that - I will post the Youtube video here soon as I get it more clean. But anyone who is anxious to see it just type in QQIK4U on the youtube and you will find V1 and V2 video my son took.

What an awesome day - Nice to meet all again.

Mick

PISNUOFF
10-23-08, 01:44 PM
Mick: The quality of the footage always goes down when going to YouTube. You're only allowed so much memory per vid which requires a lower resolution and image size. The vid looks great. Post a link to it!!!!

qqik4u
10-23-08, 01:48 PM
Mick: The quality of the footage always goes down when going to YouTube. You're only allowed so much memory per vid which requires a lower resolution and image size.

Is there another place better to load the vids to?:rant2::mad:

v-sam
10-23-08, 07:17 PM
Sorry it took me so long to look at the forum. The day was pretty sweet even though I didn’t drive (new motor). Riding in the 09 with the awesome aussie was incredible! I rode with him during his reconnaissance laps so it was a cold track, tires, and car but he got on the car about half way through the 1st lap. The guy was an amazingly smooth driver, which is what it is all about (smooth = fast). He could really toss the V around. When we were on the front straight he said he only had the throttle half engaged but the car was pulling like a freight train. I was anxious to see what the car would do in the corners given its extra weight over our cars and it did not disappoint, as it didn’t feel like it had any extra weight at all. I have my car pretty stiff with the coil-overs 650-700 pound springs and sway bars. The 09 felt like it was just as stiff but a smooth stiff due to the magnetic ride control vs. my cars stiffness, which is a rough, beat you to death stiff. I couldn’t hear the supercharger at all. Andy was a big fan of the automatic tranny saying it was a now brainer. Andy was a super nice guy. I want to thank Luke for getting the whole day together he really did a good job. I mean that was a once in a lifetime experience to ride with Andy and I know Luke worked hard to get him out there. I hope my right up was good enough I know it wasn’t extensive because I only got two laps in the car with him.

Take it Easy,

John

Black Sunshine
10-23-08, 10:14 PM
I was told by highly placed sources that the leading contendor for VIII at this time is Road Atlanta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj3WC3a-Mnw

qqik4u
10-23-08, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=Black Sunshine;1666787]I was told by highly placed sources that the leading contendor for VIII at this time is Road Atlanta.

I have my son's video under a new thread - Thanks to everyone's help

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/152753-v-ii-day-video-outside-view.html

Mick -

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
10-24-08, 08:14 AM
I was told by highly placed sources that the leading contendor for VIII at this time is Road Atlanta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj3WC3a-Mnw

There's only one source you need to listen to and he isnt driving to Atlanta!!!!

lmcgrew79
10-24-08, 08:56 AM
Lexington Kentucky is getting a new track..lol.. Hint Hint.

Twitch
10-24-08, 09:10 AM
There's only one source you need to listen to and he isnt driving to Atlanta!!!!
:gossip:

Black Sunshine
10-24-08, 12:54 PM

Who said you had to be there? :lildevil: We can send you pics and vids. :D

thebigjimsho
10-25-08, 04:00 AM
There's only one source you need to listen to and he isnt driving to Atlanta!!!!You know...I wouldn't complain. And I have a place to stay if we did go there.

VIR?
NJ?
Summit?

SkullV
10-25-08, 05:22 AM
Putnam Park? Audobahn Country Club??? How about a Midwest track? Putnam is the crossroads of America...LITERALLY...

thebigjimsho
10-25-08, 06:13 AM
Putnam Park? Audobahn Country Club??? How about a Midwest track? Putnam is the crossroads of America...LITERALLY...Putnam is not the crossroads of Lindsay Cadillac. So I think Luke would appreciate it being closer to home for him to effectively put together what has been 2 home run events...

10-25-08, 07:31 AM

whew....

Black Sunshine
10-25-08, 05:30 PM
Putnam's fun. Road Atlanta (been but never driven) would be great. Pocono has an interesting track that uses one the main track banks and straight. Las Vegas is flat. Texas Speedway has alot of concrete. MOSPORT? How about some open road racing? http://www.openroadracing.com/index.html

That's cool. We can just set up a racing series. Pick four places and replicate Luke three times.:crowded:
How about "The CRAZI Series -CadillacRacingofAriZonaInc"? (scuse me, that cold beer after pushing the mower for 2 hours musta gone straight to my head)

thebigjimsho
10-25-08, 06:56 PM
The V would LOVE RoadAtlanta. Almost as much as I do...

PISNUOFF
10-25-08, 07:25 PM
Since we're throwing out names. I vote MidOhio. It's only 300 miles from Summit Point.

10-25-08, 10:09 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that it is more attractive for Lindsay management to support this if it is targeted at or near their primary customer base, in the metro DC/Northern VA area. Summit point is a little over an hour away from almost all the Lindsay stores,and is well known locally and is the closest track by far. VIR is I suppose about 4 hours away, but it is in....Virginia.

ewill3rd
10-26-08, 10:45 AM
Ahhh... the only still pictures I have are kind of crummy.
I have to confess I didn't shoot much video either.
I guess I could use my knee as an excuse, it wasn't much fun to walk around and the vantage points for video weren't quite as good as the other track....
I'll post up something later.

dukie1993
10-26-08, 02:19 PM
I've got some video of turns 4 and 6 that I need to edit and post.

v-sam
10-28-08, 02:41 AM
I have a correction to my post about Andy turns out he is not an aussie he is a brit. My mistake!

dukie1993
10-30-08, 01:08 AM
Green Group on turns 4 & 6. I'll post Yellow & Red when I have a chance to edit them.

YouTube - V-day II Green Group Turns 4&amp;6

dukie1993
11-02-08, 11:04 PM
Due to the overwhelming popularity of my green group video, I've edited these yellow & red group videos. Enjoy.

YouTube - V-day 2 Yellow Group Turns 4 &amp; 6

YouTube - V-day 2 Red Group Turns 4 &amp;6