: Aerodynamics

lostkhan
10-21-08, 04:05 AM
I heard CTS isnt stable enough over 120 because of the poor aerodynamics. Is that True? I didnt try it myself but wanted to ask you guy who have hit the limiter on the car. How stable did you feel? My friend have an e46 05 M3 and this guy does 160 as if he is cruising on speed limit with no problems.

ctsv154
10-21-08, 04:52 AM
I've been 163 on numerous occasions with no problems what so ever. Anybody tells you the CTS is unstable at speeds has A) never driven one, B) ashamed that an American car can keep up with thier overpriced Geraman autobahn cruiser, or C) just a complete moron. Granted, the car does not have great areodynammics on its side, but it is by no means unstable. Ask Andy Pilgram if the CTS is unstable!

urbanski
10-21-08, 06:31 AM
cts or V

rand49er
10-21-08, 07:47 AM
Something smells here. To come on here and say something ridiculous about our cars, then start talking up some uber car ... well, it just plain stinks. :thehand:

The answer to ctsv154's question is C).

BacDoc
10-21-08, 09:19 AM
I heard CTS isnt stable enough over 120 because of the poor aerodynamics. Is that True? I didnt try it myself but wanted to ask you guy who have hit the limiter on the car. How stable did you feel? My friend have an e46 05 M3 and this guy does 160 as if he is cruising on speed limit with no problems.

I remember talking like this before I was old enough to drive too.

:bonkers:

Jon
10-21-08, 09:49 AM
Google "cts land speed record"

lollygagger8
10-21-08, 10:30 AM
:yeah:
I'd say @ 214mph, the caddy has pretty good aerodynamics lol

CadiBlk
10-21-08, 10:33 AM

This guy only has 4 posts, smells like an insurance agent here to entrap some folks. Plead the 5th or lose your coverage. :bonkers:

urbanski
10-21-08, 10:58 AM
this ****ing thread is unmergealbe!! ****ing errors my browser. OMG ITS IMMORTAL

CTSV_510
10-21-08, 01:53 PM
:gah:

qqik4u
10-21-08, 02:06 PM
From a Aerospace Engineer (ME) - I can certainly state the look of an object cannot tell if it is aerodynamic or not: Just because the car does not look like an airfoil or has a pointier nose does not translate to stability.

So cut out the BS. THIS CAR IS WELL BALANCED AND AERODYNAMIC FOR A FOUR DOOR SALOON AND CAN BE DRIVEN AT HIGH SPEEDS WITH CONFIDENCE.

Just coming from the VII Day - I hit 129 on the straight and Andy did as well and we had plenty more to get if track permitted

Doctornick
10-21-08, 02:23 PM
The car gets kinda light on its feet around 125mph, IMO, but tuckers back down by 130 till 150 when I generally backed out.
The car has the ability to build lots of confidence in triple digit driving. From how quickly the brembos will bite you down to legal speeds, to the 'ring tuned suspension to quell any high speed twitchyness.

Don't get my wrong, the E46 is a nice highspeed driving machine, but the torque of the V will keep it pulling harder...much longer.

p0ng0rs
10-21-08, 03:34 PM
I was having a fun run with an Evo the other night and had to pull a quick lane change at a buck twenty... My heart jumped a lot(I'm still a bit new to this car, if I did that in a Talon it would get hairy quick) but the car handled great. I could feel it trying to pull the rear out after I evened up with the lane, but nothing let go, it evened up immediately and kept rolling. Stock car with all season pole positions pulling a jerk lane change at high speeds with no problems.. I seriously doubt anyone claiming instability has any concept of this car at all.

04 Attack Caddy
10-21-08, 07:51 PM
I have to second on the fact that the V handles great at speed. I had the V for four years in germany on the autobahn and cruised routinely (for hours) at 100 to 120 with the occasional blitz to 160 and the car handled great in stock trim, but was fantastic with the CG, QA1 and the 600/650 set up. I spent plenty of time blazing by the traditional autobahn crusiers.

These cars have amazing potential and anyone that doesnt see it is just a "hater."

Also, not worried about a claims adjuster on this one because now that I am back in the states, I of course follow all driving regulations. :histeric:

Dennisscars
10-22-08, 12:46 AM
V6 may not have enough poop to push it that far.. but Maggie does. Only limit is man marbles..

150 at Fontana, ran out of track before she ran out of wind...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/dennisscars/SP6gwzKN9eI/AAAAAAAADZg/5aDfw-F7jSo/Fontana%2021_20Sep08%200010.JPG

lostkhan
10-23-08, 04:42 AM
Dont get me wrong here. I have been doing some research on my next buy. I am still in the market looking for some good factory build car to build more. I read it online about the aerodynamics of the CTS-V i was looking back for the source but i couldnt find it. I would say This Car is Sure ahead of its american rivals and Some germans. I myself own an A4 1.8T Which I f**kin Hate. Over 120mph and i feel like there is no more gravity So i do feel unsafe on that car.I never tried to mod that car since the car is too small for me.
Anyways back to the topic, i cut down myself to buy either 335i, EvoX or CTS-V. And i am on the forums for both 335i and EvoX asking some questions i have in my mind and read on the reviews.

rand49er
10-23-08, 07:21 AM
:lock:

urbanski
10-23-08, 07:27 AM
:lock:

its immortal

CadiBlk
10-23-08, 12:18 PM
its immortal

Not capable of dying? Like the Highlander? :thepan:

MauiV
10-23-08, 06:51 PM
I dont trust my current tires as much as I trust the car. It has seen 163 a few times on some slow nights in Mexico, but it hasnt seen it since the Maggie install. So will the Maggie pull it over the magic number of 163 or is it a gearing issue or a governor?

Oh yeah.

There can be only one

kq4SqgxIKM0

urbanski
10-23-08, 06:59 PM
Not capable of dying? Like the Highlander? :thepan:

something like that