: 2005 V with Nav looking for low level outs to add amplifier

spedaleden
10-20-08, 03:29 PM
Can anyone tell me if I can get low level outs and amp turn on from the rear subwoofer? I want to replace the sub with a better amp and sub package.

Thanks

CadiBlk
10-20-08, 03:42 PM
I bet the information you are looking for is here: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/index.html

Somewhere in the Radio section or Nav section.

I also bet there are few dozen folks that have asked this question before and their posts with numerous answers from the highly qualified folks here can be found by using the Search function of the forum.

I also know off hand from the many times people have asked this is that Bose uses an odd ohm rating that makes this swap a little tougher than a hardware swap.

GL with your quest.

perfect
10-20-08, 03:50 PM
yes, you can get low-level outs from the two cables that plug into the subwoofer (you can even leave the subwoofer plugged into the factory amp if you choose (the impedance will not change much).

i used the david navone LOC NE-7V

Don't be bothered by the fact that it looks "unprofessional", David Navone is one of the most highly regarded names in car audio. Function > Form for his products.

Thats what I used, simple & easy to install and provides a pair of outputs that you can use to drive your own subwoofer amp. If you require a 4-channel or multi-channel low level input LOC than see his other products.

perfect
10-20-08, 03:52 PM
To get the sub turn-on (otherwise known as the "switched +12V") I would tap into the heater fuse under your rear seat. Since you will need to run a power cable from the battery to the amp you will eventually be going this route anyway.

Let me know if you need any help running cables/installing. I took tons of photos and have been meaning to create a more detailed write up than what is currently in the FAQ.

heavymetals
10-20-08, 05:08 PM
If your gonna add an amplifier, make sure it has high level inputs.

That way you can wire directly from the BOSE sub outputs to the amp inputs.

Grab power under the rear seat (there is a B+ available that runs between the fuse boxes).

As for turn on, I grabbed a switched wire (brown) off the key switch.

spedaleden
10-21-08, 09:30 AM
Got it. Thanks Cadiblk great site

Thanks again