: Disable Tire pressure monitor

945liter
10-19-08, 03:06 PM
Can anyone help point me in the direction on which fuse i remove? i do not see any "ASR" fuse in the backseat fuse boxes.

Basically my TPS are all out of wack which is not letting me go into competition mode, and my FOB is not working anyway so i have no problems taking this fuse out if i find it:crybaby:

nxlr8
10-19-08, 03:47 PM
I could be wrong, but I think to get into Comp Mode, you HAVE to have the TPS working and the tires at are "normal" pressure...

CTSV_510
10-19-08, 04:39 PM
Can anyone help point me in the direction on which fuse i remove? i do not see any "ASR" fuse in the backseat fuse boxes.

Basically my TPS are all out of wack which is not letting me go into competition mode, and my FOB is not working anyway so i have no problems taking this fuse out if i find it:crybaby:

How can you stand not having a keyless remote? My key fob #1 wasn't working when I got the car and it drove me crazy. That would be my first priority - have you tried replacing the battery?

I assume you tried reprogamming the TPS yourself and you weren't able to do it. Go to the dealer and ask them to do that and reprogram your key fob if the replacement battery didn't work. (my dealership did this for free)

These should be easy enough fixes and you'll have a working key fob and TPS system.

raypriest
10-19-08, 04:55 PM
i have a question about this, i just purchased a 05 cts-v. when i scroll to the tps section on the dash, it shows blanks. any idea what this is from ?

CTSV_510
10-19-08, 04:59 PM
i have a question about this, i just purchased a 05 cts-v. when i scroll to the tps section on the dash, it shows blanks. any idea what this is from ?

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/tprepro.html

ray - spend a lot of time reading the information on that website. It will answer a lot of your questions.

945liter
10-19-08, 05:29 PM
Unfortunately when i bought the car it did not have FOB, i have the one from my 02 camaro SS i wonder if they are compatible they look the same.

raypriest
10-19-08, 05:39 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/tprepro.html

ray - spend a lot of time reading the information on that website. It will answer a lot of your questions.

thanks for the link, however when i try step 3, i do not get a honk. car in RUN with engine off, cluster is set to the PSI screen, holding lock and unlock on the fob for 10 seconds, never get a honk. any ideas ?

thanks guys.

heavymetals
10-19-08, 06:04 PM
Is the parking brake set?

raypriest
10-19-08, 10:32 PM
Is the parking brake set?

yea, i sure of that.

rb1
10-19-08, 10:43 PM
My guess is that your front left TPM is out and you can't get the procedure started. That's what happened to me. I rotated the tires and it started working, but since I have one out I can't set the whole system up right. (I hate not being able to turn stability control off!) :bonkers:
How many "blanks" do you have showing?

mgscustomtune
10-19-08, 11:13 PM
(I hate not being able to turn stability control off!) It can be turned off in the PCM

raypriest
10-19-08, 11:34 PM
My guess is that your front left TPM is out and you can't get the procedure started. That's what happened to me. I rotated the tires and it started working, but since I have one out I can't set the whole system up right. (I hate not being able to turn stability control off!) :bonkers:
How many "blanks" do you have showing?

none are showing up, maybe the previous owner removed the tps's and put them in aftermarket wheels, and never put them back in the stockers ?

945liter
10-20-08, 01:24 PM
Thanks for all the help, can anyone actually answer my question of this fuse ive heard of considering i can't do the TPM reset with no FOB i don't have the time (or feel like spending the extra money)to go get this reset/fixed.

I will take care of the TPM when i replace the tires.

jacobyjas
12-01-08, 09:04 PM
I bought a replacement fob on eBay for $20 including shipping. You can usually find both driver 1 and driver 2 fobs.
Not sure about the fuse... I ordered a shop manual last week. Once it shows up, I'll see what it says.