: Not Going to V-Day II

thebigjimsho
10-18-08, 08:13 PM
Sorry guys, too much crap going on at home and my V has a couple issues that I found out too late to do anything about. Then, today, an object fell off the wall of the garage and put a nice 6" scratch on the V.

Feeling like shit is an understatement right now.

It's very last minute but if anyone wants my spot in the Advanced class, it's free.

whisler151
10-18-08, 08:39 PM
Where is V Day? I wonder how far of a drive it is from Dallas?

Edit: Nevermind...didn't know it was this Monday and a 2,600 mile round trip.

Jon
10-18-08, 08:43 PM
Sorry to hear that Jim

thebigjimsho
10-18-08, 08:52 PM
Sorry to hear that JimThanks Jon. Are you going?

NormV
10-18-08, 09:35 PM
Oh man! Just look at my car, should make you feel better. :)

Catch probably next spring on the track.

Norm

ewill3rd
10-18-08, 09:42 PM
I bet they are making you paranoid about that shock, I want to see a picture.

Jon
10-18-08, 10:24 PM
Thanks Jon. Are you going?
Unfortunately no. I figured October would be too cold for my r-compounds.

If we do it again next year in the summer I'm in.

See you in Detroit?

rand49er
10-18-08, 10:37 PM
Damn, Jim, real sorry to hear that.

You, probably more than anyone, are who I was hoping to meet and talk to at V-Day I back in May, and I'm sure there's a bunch of guys who are/were likewise hoping to meet you at this one.

I surely hope things start turning around and going in the proper direction for you. :thumbsup: Your car will get ironed back out, and all will be well ... I'm certain of it.

thebigjimsho
10-18-08, 10:39 PM
I bet they are making you paranoid about that shock, I want to see a picture.I'll se if I can take a decent pic with my phone. My laptop is dead and my desktop's video card needs to be replaced so I have no means to download a pic except through my mobile. I'll try in the morning...

The shock certainly feels fine, as does the bearings. I just don't want to waste any money right now and have it be an issue when I got there. As it is, I'd only be getting down there late tomorrow and probably leaving right after Group 3's final session to get home Monday night.

thebigjimsho
10-18-08, 10:40 PM
You, probably more than anyone, are who I was hoping to meet and talk to at V-Day I back in May, and I'm sure there's a bunch of guys who are/were likewise hoping to meet you at this one.
You are a rare bird...

SkullV
10-18-08, 11:19 PM
Sorry guys, too much crap going on at home and my V has a couple issues that I found out too late to do anything about. Then, today, an object fell off the wall of the garage and put a nice 6" scratch on the V.

Man Jim, that sucks. I had to give up my spot this year too becuase of a final at school. I'm sure we will both make it to V day 3.

CIWS
10-19-08, 12:27 AM
Damn Jim that sucks, really sorry to hear man. :(

10-21-08, 07:07 AM
Jim:

You were missed. I was looking forward to giving you the details of the Billerica Bachelor party.

It was a great day; perfect weather, save for the morning chill (cold enough to assist an advanced driver in wrecking his car in the first session).

Anybody who got to ride with Andy Pilgrim in the 2009 V got a serious lesson in how to drive FAST.

Another great job by Luke and Mark et al. I'm looking forward to next time.

D