: Need help with "87 Brougham and new wheels.

ocmdiaz714
10-18-08, 04:48 PM
This is my first time shopping for rims and don't want to mess anything up. I came across these as a cheap alternative to stock cadillac wire wheels. The are 13x7 100 spokes and white wall tires are included. Anyways I need help with the fitment, offset, rwd, standard and all that....I don't know what any of that means. Would anybody happen to know the fitment on the "87 Brougham D'Elegance? I need all the help I could get, thanks! Also, would anybody be able to tell me where to get a hood ornament and would it look better on a lowered suspension or air hydroulics?

1990CaddyBrougham
10-18-08, 06:04 PM
I sent you a Private Message

ocmdiaz714
10-19-08, 03:49 AM
I sent you a Private Message

Thanks for the info. I would be interested in selling the factory wire wheels and will send you a picture of them tomorrow. Actually I don't think they're wire wheels but wire-style hub caps so I don't think you'd be interested yet I'll send you pictures tomorrow. Also, I've been looking for a hood ornament, do you think this is one is any good? Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-87-88-Cadillac-Brougham-Hood-Emblem-Ornament-866A_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116 QQitemZ320292502040

Also, are these keys compatible with the 87 Brougham? Thanks.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-B-50-B-51-KEY-BLANK-OEM-CREST-w-WREATH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2 Q7c65Q3a15Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14Q QhashZitem310026175899QQitemZ310026175899

csbuckn
10-19-08, 10:05 AM
13", cute... lowrider magazines are a good place to find the cheap stuff. If you get RWD, you should be OK with all the other specs. Get 15", you(I meant we) would be much happier. Any reason why you want 13"

1990CaddyBrougham
10-19-08, 11:57 AM
Thats alot for that hood ornament..... YOu can get new GM ones much cheaper.

A guy sells them new on ebay for like 30 bucks. I bought a few :)

Here is a nice used one, cheap
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mint-Vintage-Silver-CADILLAC-HOOD-ORNAMENT-EMBLEM_W0QQitemZ140275484906QQihZ004QQcategoryZ337 57QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1990CaddyBrougham
10-19-08, 12:00 PM
As far as keys, off the top of my head idk what key ways are the ones for the brougham, but if you are gona spend the money for cadillac keys, get the gold plated ones!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/80-85-CADILLAC-GOLD-KEYS-UNCUT-4-PACK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50459QQihZ008QQite mZ180299284479QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

ocmdiaz714
10-20-08, 01:03 AM
13", cute... lowrider magazines are a good place to find the cheap stuff. If you get RWD, you should be OK with all the other specs. Get 15", you(I meant we) would be much happier. Any reason why you want 13"

Got myself a Lowrider magazine and found much cheaper rims for sale, thanks. I want the 13s because I don't have much of a budget and the 13 would do just find as I don't want that big of rims, I don't like that pimp my ride look or whatever you know. Any 1990CaddyBrougham, the keys I was looking at look gold but I'm going to contact the seller. Also, what hood ornaments are compatible with the "87?

ocmdiaz714
10-20-08, 03:51 PM
I found these what I believe to be American wheels which are also much cheaper, but only the wheels alone are for sale. http://www.ogrimsdirect.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=R13x7&CartID=1 As only the wheels are for sale, I wouldn't know where or what tires to buy. Also, I wouldn't know what the adapter/Knock Off/Spinner is. Can anybody help me out with that? I'm new to all of this but I'm trying to learn it.

96Fleetwood
10-20-08, 05:18 PM
5x5 (5x127) bolt pattern, try to stick near a 0 offset.

csbuckn
10-20-08, 06:33 PM
The adapter is the piece that you will bolt right to the car, the knockoff/spinner(same thing) is the piece that holds the rims on. So first you bolt on the adapter with the lugnuts, then you place the rim on the adapter, then you screw on the spinner and tighten it with the tool that comes with it. Make sure you get the tool and LEAD hammer because you cant put the rims on without it(you can but your next thread will be "wall + 60mph = totalled"). The adapters are side specific and color cordinated, one color goes on the drivers side and the other goes on the passenger side. You will also notice teeth on the adapter and the rim that must go together(I had to buy smaller lugnuts because they were in the way). Dont screw that up because if you put them on the wrong side or the teeth dont touch, they will unscrew themselves after about a mile of driving and your rim will come off as your driving!! Some people take these to a shop to have them put on but I would recommend doing it yourself because then you can see whats all involved. Not trying to steer you away, just make sure you put those adapters on the right side and the teeth touch. Its actually very easy to do.

Then you have the tires. Tire size is up to you and I cant really help you there. But when mounting, make sure they know what they are doing. If you notice in the o.g.rims picture, you have a seal on the inside of the rim, its the bread and butter of the rims. You cant mess that up at all. if someone rips it trying to put the tires on, the rim is useless. It will not hold air as this seal prevents air from leaking threw the spokes. This should not be to much of an issue because you are getting smaller rims and bigger tires. A new seal would be about 40 bucks to get done.

ocmdiaz714
10-21-08, 03:16 AM
5x5 (5x127) bolt pattern, try to stick near a 0 offset.

And it would be universal with any tire? Also, I got this message from a user and not sure about it.

You need to run 14x7 front and 14x6 in the back unless you buy daytons.The back will rub super bad if u try to run 14x7 in the rear if u can even get them to fit at all.Oh and to answer you question the e bay rims arent a very good deal.

96Fleetwood
10-21-08, 06:09 AM
You want to keep the same diameter overall. Use this to calculate what tire you need:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

ocmdiaz714
10-21-08, 08:03 PM
And it would be universal with any tire? Also, I got this message from a user and not sure about it.

You need to run 14x7 front and 14x6 in the back unless you buy daytons.The back will rub super bad if u try to run 14x7 in the rear if u can even get them to fit at all.Oh and to answer you question the e bay rims arent a very good deal.

96Fleetwood
10-22-08, 05:23 PM
I have no idea what that means. If you get a higher offset, the wheel will sit more towards the frame of the car. If you get a lower offset the wheel will sit more towards the fender.