: Help.. Heater Fan not working

nit78
10-18-08, 03:45 PM
The other day, when it was minus 3 out I started up my 06 escalade and the front heater motor didnt come on. The rear worked fine and was blowing hot air and I could feel a little hot air from the vents up front but there was no air movement.

I though it could be the heater switch, so I replaced the switch and still have the same problem.. anyways I think it might be the fan. Has anyone experienced this and is there a DYI on replacing the fan someone could point me to.

Devil Dog 00026
10-20-08, 12:09 AM
I would suggest connecting the terminals on the fan motor directly to the battery (momentarily of course)... remember the motor is multi speed so more than one contact will cause the motor to spin up... if it's good of course... if the motor does not spin with 12 volts directlyapplied then it is a safe bet you have a bad motor... wiriing should be accessible from under the hood on the passenger side... two or three contacts on the motor... you don't need the key turned on if you go directly from the battery. this should help narrow the problem... my bet is you have a bad fan motor (around $100) :hmm:

nit78
10-20-08, 05:33 PM
I would suggest connecting the terminals on the fan motor directly to the battery (momentarily of course)... remember the motor is multi speed so more than one contact will cause the motor to spin up... if it's good of course... if the motor does not spin with 12 volts directlyapplied then it is a safe bet you have a bad motor... wiriing should be accessible from under the hood on the passenger side... two or three contacts on the motor... you don't need the key turned on if you go directly from the battery. this should help narrow the problem... my bet is you have a bad fan motor (around $100) :hmm:

It is the fan motor, just checked it. How do I remove the motor, any tips

Devil Dog 00026
10-20-08, 09:15 PM
Just sent you a PM...