: My First Cadillac Ever

RDHambrice
06-19-04, 05:36 AM
Hello
I live in Columbus, GA and bought my first ever Cadillac last fall. It's a black on black 1998 Eldorado ELC beauty. It drives and rides GREAT. I have recently driven Jaguar XJ6 sedans and this car exceeds them in comfort and handling. I'm very pleased todate. I have recently experienced an annoying problem with my fuel level sensor. The low fuel level sound is frequently going off and I have a full tank of high test. I did find a bulletin dated March 1998 and plan to have my local dealer look into it. I'd appreciate and suggestions or observations our members will share. Oh, I almost forgot......this past Thursday was our hottest day this year at 97 degrees and I discovered my low refrigerant light was on and of course that turns off the AC. A check reveals that my compressor is shot. I'm looking at about $800 to $1100 repair bill next week. Oh well, I do love the car and can't survive here in the south without COLD AC.
Regards
RDH

156MPH
06-19-04, 05:50 AM
Welcome!

majax
06-19-04, 05:55 AM
Sorry about the Compressor that really blows(wait no it doesnt the compressor is dead). I would hate that to happen a lot all in all though glad you like the car a lot.

:welcome: WELCOME(well thats redundant)

CADDYBLACK99
06-19-04, 10:15 PM
Welcome RD!

Thanks for joining the forum. Sounds like a very nice Edlo you have. The fuel level sending units have a bad rep on 98-99 years. I have had mine replaced. My warranty covered it. Bad time for the commpressor to quit (is there ever a good time?)
:welcome:
Paul

Rolex
06-19-04, 11:29 PM
Welcome RDH.

They say it's not the heat in GA it's the damn humidity (don't you just hate that?) Anyway, welcome to the best forums anywhere. Congrats on your Cady purchase...and condolences on the compressor.
Get that baby fixed and ride in style my friend! :welcome:

caddyshack24
06-20-04, 06:09 AM
yeah manng, welcome to the family.. and welcome to the ultimate luxery vehicle.. has the only emblem in the world that grabs my attention

RDHambrice
06-22-04, 07:56 AM
Good Morning Gentlemen

THANK YOU for the warm WELCOME. I'm pleased to report I was able to locate a new AC Delco compressor for $199 plus $20 shipping on eBay this past weekend. This will take some of the trauma out of my first major Cadillac problem.
Regards,
RDH

STS 310
06-22-04, 03:22 PM
Good Morning Gentlemen

THANK YOU for the warm WELCOME. I'm pleased to report I was able to locate a new AC Delco compressor for $199 plus $20 shipping on eBay this past weekend. This will take some of the trauma out of my first major Cadillac problem.
Regards,
RDH
RD
Well there you go. Your on the rite track. Now to find the lowest price on installation and your in the "cool" again.

By the way, Nice choice on your auto and welcome to the forums.

RDHambrice
06-30-04, 04:50 PM
UPDATE

I have COLD AIR again............after about $500 in parts including compressor, condenser and passenger side fan motor plus $300 labor, 134 refrigerant and pag oil. LOVE my ............BLACK RIDE now !!!! Thanks for ALL your support and words of encouragement.
RDH
:coolgleam

RDHambrice
07-01-04, 03:24 AM
Almost Forgot !!!!:hmm:

The fuel level sensor problem, I mentioned previously, has for now obviously corrected itself. Must be like the occasional ..."traction control error"......ignore it long enough, send it a few nasty glances and it will go away. This car is apparently a femme. Happy ..............electronic motoring by Cadillac.
Richard

RDHambrice
07-03-04, 12:04 PM
How Did I Do ?????

Hello My Cadillac Family:
Bringing you up to date on the first major repair on my 1998 Eldorado Black Beauty. I have ........COLD AIR now. Was $477 on parts which included: compressor, condenser, condenser fan and refrigerant. Labor was $300 for a total of $777. This is about half of price quoted me by my local dealer, "Mr Big Volume." All parts were NEW and some were found on eBay. Thanks for all the encouraging words. LOVE .....MY RIDE !!!!!!
RDH