: New proud owner of a Cadillac CTS-V here

dvd_supercaddy
10-18-08, 12:38 AM
I bought a Silver 05 a few days ago. The crappy part is i am waiting for the automotive delivery truck to arrive any minute. So i haven't driven it yet :-( but it is payed off and on the way. I decided i was gonna save money for this car about 1.5 years ago, and i finally got the money to do it. I have been using this forum as a reference for wut to expect for over a year, and man has it helped. Thanx guys! oh..its got a Maggie!

i am coming from a 350z so i figured i wud show it love and post a pic.

MauiV
10-18-08, 01:01 AM
Congrats and welcome. When it arrives I am gonna need to see better pics of how your FRC's are attached around the Maggie. Thanks in advance.

What does it say under the V emblem on the fender?

JD03Cobra
10-18-08, 01:05 AM
Welcome! Huge step up from the Z...

dvd_supercaddy
10-18-08, 01:07 AM
thanks man. i test drove one over a year ago and it was stock, i was pretty amazed. I will definitely get them pics for u when it gets here. and it says "supercharged" under the V logo.

Chef
10-18-08, 01:12 AM
Come on up to Chandler and let me break her in:stirpot::bouncy::alchi:

CONGRATS!

Plenty of track days up here so when you're ready I'd love to hear her sing again..:thumbsup:

juliox3
10-18-08, 01:18 AM
Congrats on the new v. I am sure you are going to enjoy it once it arrives.

raypriest
10-18-08, 02:48 AM
congrats from another new v owner ! ! !

rlj5
10-18-08, 06:59 AM
:welcome: to the Forum
and it looks like you already have a good start on Mod Hell
You even have the best color
Good Luck with the new ride

vmoving
10-18-08, 07:49 AM
You will not regret it!

jweymar
10-18-08, 10:57 AM
Welcome, sweeet ride! I like the FRC's with the maggie

heavymetals
10-18-08, 01:08 PM
Congrats!

Watch out giving free "white knuckler" rides.....:lildevil:

814V
10-18-08, 02:34 PM
dude welcome to the club! you missed out last night there was 3 V's out at firebird.

silverAg
10-18-08, 02:57 PM
Welcome, sweeet ride! I like the FRC's with the maggie

+1 on the frc's! mine don't look as nice as your frc

type911
10-18-08, 03:39 PM
Congrats!

stuckey
10-18-08, 04:43 PM
:welcome: to the Forum
and it looks like you already have a good start on Mod Hell
You even have the best color
Good Luck with the new ride

:yeah: except for the color comment :tisk: black is the best and fastest color. anyways welcome to the group. hope you love yours as much as i love mine!

Oleksakjr
10-18-08, 05:04 PM
^^^ Yeah black is better, Nice Car!

dvd_supercaddy
10-18-08, 06:32 PM
So how much more hp does the black one have over the silver? haha. So this is my first forced induction car. Any tips or things i should look out for? or regular recommended maintenance specifically for the maggie? thanx for the warm welcome.

814V
10-18-08, 07:49 PM
silver is faster! extra 10 hp

helogene
10-19-08, 04:41 AM
What part of Tucson are you in??

I'm down in Corona de Tucson (VAIL).

And, EVERYONE knows that REDLINE is the fastest color around!!!

dvd_supercaddy
10-19-08, 04:49 AM
I am next to the UofA..but i am always on the east side. what color is ur V? a may have seen u around. Ive seen one raven black and one redline at the LA Fitness that i train at.

dvd_supercaddy
10-19-08, 05:47 AM
okay, so i just realized u have a redline. is it the one i see at LA Fitness?

helogene
10-20-08, 05:50 AM
No, not the one at LA Fitness....

It's the one with "V PILOT" on the AZ Freedom plate...

dvd_supercaddy
10-24-08, 07:51 PM
So, its finally here. i got it yesterday. it took over a week to deliver. im so happy i bought this car. the looks u get from other people on the road is priceless. ive gotten tons of complements. it pulls so hard and the maggie sounds insane. thanks guys, this forum persuaded me into getting me a V, ill post some pics soon. wut should be my next mod. it has eibach coilovers, uuc shifter, b&b longtube, flowmaster catback, more intake, bmr anti hop kit, and of course the maggie.

CtsVrod
10-24-08, 08:00 PM
So, its finally here. i got it yesterday. it took over a week to deliver. im so happy i bought this car. the looks u get from other people on the road is priceless. ive gotten tons of complements. it pulls so hard and the maggie sounds insane. thanks guys, this forum persuaded me into getting me a V, ill post some pics soon. wut should be my next mod. it has eibach coilovers, uuc shifter, b&b longtube, flowmaster catback, more intake, bmr anti hop kit, and of course the maggie.

Congrats!!

Does it have FG2's (Optional Shock Package) or Shifter Bushings.?

Dunno about Flowmaster Cat-Back, might wanna check up on that - also Eibach Coilovers - Its either Ground Control (which uses Eibach Springs) or KW for coilovers for these Cars.

Sounds like you got a nice little setup there... Not much else to do. Save up your Money for Speeding Tickets not Mods :thumbsup:

I guess Sway Bars - Z06 Endlinks for suspension - Maybe a Meth Kit if you wanna cool down your temps a bit - Oh yea Upgrade to the CTS center Console - Just got mine and I LOVE it, much better than the stocker.

dvd_supercaddy
10-24-08, 08:14 PM
so, im looking at the receipts right now. maggie, denso 1 step cooler spark plugs, uuc aluminum flywheel, Ground Control coilover conversion, bmr anti hop, b&b headers, MAGNAFLOW exhaust, uuc shifter and bushings. no receipt of the intake but i know thats wut it is due to the more sticker. haha. i think that covers it.

CtsVrod
10-24-08, 08:18 PM
so, im looking at the receipts right now. maggie, denso 1 step cooler spark plugs, uuc aluminum flywheel, Ground Control coilover conversion, bmr anti hop, b&b headers, MAGNAFLOW exhaust, uuc shifter and bushings. no receipt of the intake but i know thats wut it is due to the more sticker. haha. i think that covers it.

Just Drive It! That things is good to go... Nice Mods! The Previous Owner had good taste! Did it come with a Dyno Graph.. Do you know if its been Pro Tuned or just Flashed with the Maggie Software?

dvd_supercaddy
10-24-08, 08:37 PM
it came with a graph making 427rwhpand 402rwtq a year ago so i dont think all the mods were done yet..im gonna assume i could use a better tune. i wanna be at 450 to the wheels.

heavymetals
10-25-08, 12:18 AM
Sounds like it came with everything.

Have the pedals been changed?

With the maggie it's like owning your own ride at Six Flags. :thumbsup:

MauiV
10-25-08, 04:20 PM
With the maggie it's like owning your own ride at Six Flags. :thumbsup:

My wife every time I spool it up and make a pull, "It sounds like an airplane in here"

heavymetals
10-25-08, 04:27 PM
My wife every time I spool it up and make a pull, "It sounds like an airplane in here"

Replace the CORSA with a full up B&B system and then let her hear it..:yup:

(hint: she won't hear the maggie).

MauiV
10-25-08, 04:52 PM
I drive 23 miles each way to work at 78mph so I spend a LOT of time at 2100rpms and I dont like drone.

Kooks LTs are my next purchase, ut no idea when it will be.

Nutz
10-25-08, 07:34 PM
Terrific looking motor! Drive it and enjoy it! You got the coolest mod already done!

:welcome:

:welcomeJimmyH: