: What years/models had the color matched hubcaps?

10-17-08, 06:19 PM
Friend has a 1990 Brougham with the wire caps, he's looking for those color matched hubcaps that came on some 70's Cadillacs. What years/models did these come on, and would he even be able to find a set? How hard would it be to have them painted to the correct color.

They look like this:

10-17-08, 06:42 PM
Of the 1977+ body style, I think it was only on the 1977-79 DeVille and Fleetwood Broughams with the D'Elegance package. They might have had them in 1980 also?

10-17-08, 07:06 PM
What color is your friend's car? I use standard 1980 wheel covers on my '80 CDV, since the middles are bright red and go with my paint, plus they're correct for the year. I'm just lucky my car's red, because this red insert was the only color available on these particular hubcaps.

I would just keep checking ebay. Type in Cadillac hubcaps or hubcap and check every few days. I just bought a set of RWD '70s Fleetwood caps with green middles for my brother's bday present. Only $24.00 or something. They'll go perfectly on his green '76 Fleetwood Brougham.

One thing to remember: Eldorados of the '70s are the most common caddy to have the body-color centers. While probably easier to find, they bulge out due to the FWD wheels. Might be alright, but I'm not even sure they'll grab on to our RWD steelies.

10-17-08, 08:17 PM
His car is white, hopefully they won't be too hard to find.

10-18-08, 11:14 PM
The color-matched inserts were on the 1975-1978 Fleetwoods and Eldorados. The centers are butyrate, colored to match the car. If you can find white ones, you'll discover they usually have yellowed over time. I don't know how well they'd take paint. Happy hunting!