: Got Mine Today!! When is V School?

rotdog
06-19-04, 02:50 AM
I've been watching this forum for a couple of weeks, great info!!! I picked up my blk/blk v today. Incredible car, what a blast. I already went through a tank of gas, smoked a 300m c or what ever that thing is, and lots of 4 bangers.

Does anybody now about future v schools by cadillac. I'm close to Milwaukee and Chicago. Any info would be great.

trekster
06-19-04, 06:22 AM
I've been watching this forum for a couple of weeks, great info!!! I picked up my blk/blk v today. Incredible car, what a blast. I already went through a tank of gas, smoked a 300m c or what ever that thing is, and lots of 4 bangers.

Does anybody now about future v schools by cadillac. I'm close to Milwaukee and Chicago. Any info would be great. Congrats on your V, Just don't race it too hard for at least for the first 500 miles the miles it needs for the engine to break-in.

CTSV OWNER
06-19-04, 08:50 AM
Congrats on your new ride. I've learned alot from here also. This is probably better real world info than a GM sponsored training session would be anyhow.

rotdog
06-19-04, 11:58 AM
My car is already broke in. I got a GM Company owned Vehichle. The Car already had 10k on her. A lot of miles but it's blk/blk w/ sunroof just how I would have orderd it, I still get the warrany, & get this. My cost was $38,100. I'll take the $14K discount and live with the fact that someone had her first. These seconds aren't so sloppy though:lildevil:

wildwhl
06-19-04, 12:07 PM
My car is already broke in. I got a GM Company owned Vehichle. The Car already had 10k on her. A lot of miles but it's blk/blk w/ sunroof just how I would have orderd it, I still get the warrany, & get this. My cost was $38,100. I'll take the $14K discount and live with the fact that someone had her first. These seconds aren't so sloppy though:lildevil:

Interesting. :hmm: Just out of curiousity - how is the wheel hop in your well broke in vehicle? Was this car a test mule for any of the mags, or do you know?

Just curious.

Wildwhl

globed70
06-19-04, 12:54 PM
rotdog, congratulations.... great car at a greart price! As far as we know, Cadillac hasn't put together a driving program or school. A few suggestions:

- Track days run by Porsche, BMW, and non-affiliated clubs at your local track. They'll pair you with an instructor and you'll have a blast.

- A driving school (Skip Barber, Bondurant, etc) for a 2,3,or 5 day program. Whether they teach you in open wheelers or a sports car, everything you learn will apply to the V.

- Autocross... a great way to learn the low speed limits of your V.

Good luck, and tell us how you are going. :)

rotdog
06-20-04, 01:49 PM
Wild,

I took a quick test drive in a v w/ about 60 miles on it and I didn't drive it hard enough to test the wheel hop as compared to mine. But the wheel hop definitly exists at the 10K mark.

rotdog
06-20-04, 01:52 PM
I don't now if it was a test mule or not. But who ever had it treated it like a rented donkey. The interior was fine but alot of scratches in the paint. I got most of them buffed out but I'm going to need to spray some paint on it eventually.

Cal
06-20-04, 03:45 PM
Ouch.

Try driving an FG2-equipped model and see if you like the difference. That's my advice to EVERYone on here.

me3head
06-21-04, 05:32 PM
Hey! You got my PEP car!

I put my request in with 7 vehicles available and 14 requests, and didnt get one.

Now there's 85 requests and 1 vehicle. I don't think I'm gonna get one :-(

msheri01
06-22-04, 07:15 PM
Deleted by msheri01

trekster
06-22-04, 07:19 PM
We have a black and neutral 04 that I traded a dealer in Memphis an Escalade for that hasn't sold yet. The car has sunroof, but not FG2. While it is not PEP, our store does do GMS. This car came to us with a couple hundred miles on it, since the dealer was allowing test drives. Might be an option for you.Good luck on selling the car.

06-22-04, 07:47 PM
Don't lock the thread; Msheri01 is a great friend to this board and to V owners round the US of A. I read that post as informational, not a solicitation.

Doug

06-22-04, 07:52 PM
adminstrator; OK you deleted yours so its Ok to delete mine too......

Doug

rotdog
06-24-04, 03:10 AM
I was lucky to get the PEP my wife & I both applied. Another guy at my plant got the same car blk/blk w/sunroof. We picked them up on the same day.