: Where to find 12v switched power?

Stoopalini
10-17-08, 05:18 PM
I'm installing an aeroforce gauge and need a 12v switched source. Anyone know where to find one behind the HVAC?

Thanks,
Thomas.

CadiBlk
10-17-08, 05:41 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/stackpower/index.html

If that answers your question, that would be the second time today you should have checked the faq before posting here.

If it doesn't answer your question, gl with your quest.

nmaier2201
10-17-08, 05:57 PM
hahahahaha

Stoopalini
10-17-08, 09:46 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/stackpower/index.html

If that answers your question, that would be the second time today you should have checked the faq before posting here.

If it doesn't answer your question, gl with your quest.

Thanks, but as stated, I'm looking for a 12v switched power source, not a 12v constant power source, as in the link you posted.

I suppose I'll just test each wire in the HVAC bundle to see if I find a 12v switched source.

Thomas.

heavymetals
10-17-08, 10:10 PM
There is a switched power wire (brown) available off the keyswitch.

Just tilt the steering wheel all the way up and you can get at it with a splice.

Stoopalini
10-18-08, 01:15 AM
There is a switched power wire (brown) available off the keyswitch.

Just tilt the steering wheel all the way up and you can get at it with a splice.

Thanks, but I found a 12v switched wire in the HVAC bundle. The corner black wire is switched, and I used it. The gauge is now installed in the ashtray and is working great! I can even close the tray to hide it :thumbsup:

Thomas.

CTSV_510
10-18-08, 12:12 PM
Thanks, but I found a 12v switched wire in the HVAC bundle. The corner black wire is switched, and I used it. The gauge is now installed in the ashtray and is working great! I can even close the tray to hide it :thumbsup:

Thomas.

I was thinking about getting one of those gauges. The ashtray won't close with it in there?

Stoopalini
10-18-08, 12:54 PM
I was thinking about getting one of those gauges. The ashtray won't close with it in there?

The ashtray will close, but wouldn't when I first tried to install it. I had to file a flat spot in the top of the trim ring so it would fit in the housing. I also had to take the felt insert out and drill 3 holes in the back of the housing for 2 mounting screws and wire routing.

I'll take some pics and start a new thread with results.

Thomas.