: New to the forum

Pounder
10-17-08, 02:56 PM
Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum.
In the last few days I got real exited about the CTS-V.

I had a couple of questions and was wondering if someone new the answers!

1) I am new to the Cadillac brand, and was wondering what discount (if any) I could expect on a CTS-V? Will Cadillac be offering military discounts like on all other GM vehicles? I also read in another thread that they are offering a $2000 discount at this moment. Has anyone received this discount on their pre-orders?

2) I have briefly looked, but are there any know dealers in Texas that you would recommend?

3) Are there any better discounts to be expected in the near future?

Thanks for the help!:)

vperl
10-17-08, 02:59 PM
In short, the answer is, :thehand: NO

Pounder
10-17-08, 03:12 PM
In short, the answer is, :thehand: NO

No to all or no the better offers? :bonkers:

vperl
10-17-08, 03:18 PM
No to all or no the better offers? :bonkers:

Your so negative, BTW, are their any "good dealers?" or for that fact
actual sales people that will not try to cut you off at the knees if you disagree with them?

I HOPE SO !!!

Pounder
10-17-08, 03:27 PM

actual sales people that will not try to cut you off at the knees if you disagree with them?

I HOPE SO !!!

Negative!
I am just asking if people would recommend dealerships or any forum dealers.

RightTurn
10-17-08, 04:50 PM
Hello Pounder and :welcome: It's doubtful that there will be much discounting of the new '09 V; it will be a hot commodity for a while. The forum vendors have offered $500 off MSRP. (Email Tony at Plaza Cadillac; tony@cadillactony.com) I'm not aware of any other discounts on orders.

What part of Texas are you in? It's a big place. :D

RightTurn
10-17-08, 04:53 PM

I HOPE SO !!!

What is your problem? There is no need to be rude to new members of the forum. :thepan:

CIWS
10-17-08, 05:32 PM
Hello Pounder and :welcome: It's doubtful that there will be much discounting of the new '09 V; it will be a hot commodity for a while. The forum vendors have offered $500 off MSRP. (Email Tony at Plaza Cadillac; tony@cadillactony.com) I'm not aware of any other discounts on orders.

What part of Texas are you in? It's a big place. :D

:yeah:

:welcome: to the Cadi forum

urbanski
10-17-08, 05:42 PM
Pounder.

Please dont let the forum trash bother you. He'll be quiet for a time now.
Welcome aboard.

urbanski
10-17-08, 05:44 PM
where in TX?
FAQ dealer rank
http://www.cardealerrank.com/index.php

V-Love
10-17-08, 05:53 PM
Welcome to the Pounder! Buy the V and join the club. Its great and not so snooty(although sometimes its hard to tell). We just Love the V.

Pounder
10-17-08, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome.
I will be in Wichita Falls TX.
I thought that GM would give the same military discount on the V than on all there other vehicles!
Is that $2000 dollar rebate not valid anymore (seen on one of the thread in this form).

Thanks again.

RightTurn
10-18-08, 12:44 AM
According to the website, that offer says you have to take new retail delivery by 11/03/2008, which seems impossible since the cars aren't on the lots yet. :bigroll: I don't know about the military discount, but if you email Tony he can tell you.

RightTurn
10-18-08, 01:00 AM
Oh, and I'm in Houston so I'm not much help with dealers in your area. Sorry.

The Black Dahlia
10-18-08, 02:18 AM
Welcome! - Being a dealer here in Southern California. We are not going over MSRP in respect of my great-grandfather's integrity. But not is the same with dealers across the country or even in the area. Expect over MSRP, or get to know your salesperson very well. I've noticed that Polite and Informative buyers usually get the best pricing and experience.

Welcome to Cadillac's Renaissance. We've been waiting for you.

trukk
10-18-08, 06:50 AM
Pounder, the way it worked last time with V1 (may not be exactly the same this go around, but it's a good measuring stick):

1) At release it was hard to find the car for sticker, most dealerships marked it up. A few dealers on here have offered to sell the car at sticker or possibly even a bit better. They may be sold out now. Not sure.

2) I think the V1 settled down to approximately sticker price after about 6(ish) months.

3) You could get GMS pricing on the car (emplyee pricing) within about 11 months of release. That's when and how I got mine.

4) After about 16 - 18 months we started to see discounts.

That was my recollection with V1. Things may be very different with V2.

-Chris

Pounder
10-18-08, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the info!

I just contacted some Cadillac dealers. The car can be ordered and it would take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.
GM military discount will be offered, and they are looking at the $2000 dollars rebate that is mentioned on this forum and on the Cadillac web site.

I was going to wait to see what the JAGUAR XF-R would do, but if I can get that rebate, i'm buying :)

V-Love
10-19-08, 12:40 AM
I was going to wait to see what the JAGUAR XF-R would do, but if I can get that rebate, i'm buying :)

It can't do much!!!
Get that V!

CIWS
10-20-08, 08:58 AM

The Jag is a nice car for sure. But if you're here asking about discounts you might want to spend a little time comparing long term maintenance costs between both vehicles of the stuff you would have to take care of outside any warranties.

Knuguy
10-20-08, 10:36 AM
Any "new" model usually does not get any discount for at least 6 months (Military discount or Employee plans are different). Look at the Shelby Cobra's, before they were $5-10k over sticker, today they sit on lots. Its all about timing.

Pounder
10-20-08, 10:39 PM
Any "new" model usually does not get any discount for at least 6 months (Military discount or Employee plans are different). Look at the Shelby Cobra's, before they were $5-10k over sticker, today they sit on lots. Its all about timing.

True!
But none of the 4 CADI dealers I contacted are asking premiums.
And the internet site clearly states a $2000 rebate on the V, so I am curious.

Pounder
10-20-08, 10:44 PM
The Jag is a nice car for sure. But if you're here asking about discounts you might want to spend a little time comparing long term maintenance costs between both vehicles of the stuff you would have to take care of outside any warranties.

I don't think there will be any noticeable difference in running cost.
In this kind of performance class everything will be expensive :rolleyes:
I am wondering though how many HP the JAG will have.
I might just wait making the final decision until the Detroit auto show.

JEM
10-20-08, 11:22 PM
I am wondering though how many HP the JAG will have.
I might just wait making the final decision until the Detroit auto show.

The press puffery is claiming 500HP for the XF R but I'd be surprised if it quite gets there.

All the recent Jag R efforts have had really nice eight-tenths suspensions, not really set up for all-out performance. Fine if that's what you want.

One thing that's really amazed me is the utter lack of real 'net enthusiast base for late-model Jags.

Pounder
10-21-08, 05:58 PM
The press puffery is claiming 500HP for the XF R but I'd be surprised if it quite gets there.

All the recent Jag R efforts have had really nice eight-tenths suspensions, not really set up for all-out performance. Fine if that's what you want.

One thing that's really amazed me is the utter lack of real 'net enthusiast base for late-model Jags.

The XF is a hit! Jag is filling up his order book.
I agree that the engines have been Jags problem, but looking that the XF SV8 which makes 420 hp, a 500+ hp car should be possible. We'll know in 3 months and then I will make my choice between the CTS-V and the XF-R, unless a good deal is offered now! :D