: CTS-V starting at $59,995

Blackout
10-17-08, 10:30 AM
http://jalopnik.com/5064979/new-556-hp-cadillac-cts+v-price-to-start-at-59995

Greg*
10-17-08, 10:42 AM
Definitely official, found the press release on GM's site

Link (http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewmonthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=74&docid=49565)

xfifty
10-17-08, 11:24 AM
I couldn't wait anymore, was contemplating on a C63 or a RS4 but this morning I'm back in the game. 59k, nobody can beat this, here I come caddy :thumbsup:.

Jpjr
10-17-08, 11:35 AM
The funny part is that the Caddy website was updated two weeks ago with that price.

NormV
10-17-08, 12:55 PM
Why not from the horses mouth?! :)

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewpressreldetail.do?domain=2&docid=49565

Norm

jasaero
10-17-08, 12:55 PM
This is funny! Why did they have to wait so long to announce this price? It's like they were thinking of putting it above $60k a bit, but decided to just wait until the 2010 model to set their real price?? I was expecting more or less this exact price, but can't quite figure out why the hold up if this was the price they were actually going to set?

Kadonny
10-17-08, 01:15 PM
Can we drop the issue with how long it took please? If you had listened to Tony we knew the starting range, plus he even said it could have very well been a vendor issue with pricing holding up final pricing.

Damn, let's just celebrate that we now know for sure price is starting below the 60k mark.

Where are all those "gonna be starting at 70k" guys now???

trukk
10-17-08, 01:30 PM
Since Tony is probabaly too gracious to say 'I told you so'....I'll say it for him:

HE TOLD YOU SO

-Chris

caddiedrummer
10-17-08, 01:38 PM
be interesting to see what the options lard it up to. Could a $59,9 car end up being $70K plus? Is there a gas guzzler on this car? I should know that but don't.

Jpjr
10-17-08, 02:13 PM
Can we drop the issue with how long it took please? If you had listened to Tony we knew the starting range, plus he even said it could have very well been a vendor issue with pricing holding up final pricing.

Damn, let's just celebrate that we now know for sure price is starting below the 60k mark.

Where are all those "gonna be starting at 70k" guys now???

There you go again. A major piece of news was formally announced today. Take a deep breath, it's ok for people to discuss it.

rayainsw
10-17-08, 02:24 PM
be interesting to see what the options lard it up to. Could a $59,9 car end up being $70K plus? Is there a gas guzzler on this car? I should know that but don't.

I tried a search - nothing I see -
I am also very curious how much the GG Tax will be...??
[ I expect that there WILL be one ]

SkiD
10-17-08, 02:27 PM
Print book is online, only options listed for CTS-V are:
Manual or Automatic
Ventilated Recaro Seats and Sueded Steering Wheel/Shift Knob
Sunroof
Navigation
Polished Wheels (instead of painted)
Block Heater
Premium paint

I would assume somewhere between $5000 and $10000 extra at the most for these options.

rayainsw
10-17-08, 02:34 PM
Print book is online, only options listed for CTS-V are:
Manual or Automatic
Ventilated Recaro Seats and Sueded Steering Wheel/Shift Knob
Sunroof
Navigation
Polished Wheels (instead of painted)
Block Heater
Premium paint

... and:
R8E = NEW! Gas guzzler tax
1 - Not an orderable option. An additional charge will be
automatically added to the order.

rayainsw
10-17-08, 02:39 PM
And ( apparently ) ventilated seats are NOT
standard on the CTS-v - odd...

"KB6 Seats, heated/ventilated driver and front passenger
1 - Included and only available in (PDW) Performance Luxury
Package or (PDQ) CTS Premium Collection.
2 - Included and only available with (W2E) Recaro performance
seats."

vperl
10-17-08, 03:06 PM
There you go again. A major piece of news was formally announced today. Take a deep breath, it's ok for people to discuss it.

Sorry to remind you that certain folks as mentioned before wish not a discussion, just ram the stuff they wish and not allow any talk.. does that sound familar ? Well, becareful they T-cops are out and watching :tisk::stirpot:

trukk
10-17-08, 03:27 PM

Sorry to remind you that certain folks as mentioned before wish not a discussion, just ram the stuff they wish and not allow any talk.. does that sound familar ? Well, becareful they T-cops are out and watching :tisk::stirpot:

What? This has to be english as a second language. If so, welcome to the discussion, you may want to dispense with the whit, as it is hard to decifer. If EAASL is not the issue, well then :suspense:

BTW, I've read a few of your posts, and this far I'm frankly not very impressed with your contribution to the community.

-Chris

Making friends in all the V forums, once post at a time.

urbanski
10-17-08, 04:16 PM
vote him off the island then

like i asked you guys to do back here
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1631901-post8.html

readyact
10-17-08, 04:18 PM
... and:
R8E = NEW! Gas guzzler tax
1 - Not an orderable option. An additional charge will be
automatically added to the order.

There are a few sites which had the "official" price mentioned on 10/06/08 which includes the destination charge and gas guzzler tax.

From Consumer Guide Automotive on 10/06/08...

"What's all this going to cost? Cadillac has just released a base price of $59,990 (including destination and gas guzzler tax). Fully loaded, a CTS-V should top out around $67K. This significantly undercuts Caddy's European rivals--BMW's M5 starts at $82,900, and Mercedes-Benz's E63 AMG begins at $85,300.

By the hard numbers, the CTS-V trumps its European rivals, though BMW and Mercedes still have a slight edge when it comes to overall refinement and suspension composure. Still, we can't help but think how far Cadillac has come from its Sansabelt days. The CTS-V goes on sale this fall."

Also for the record I WANT the track performance red Brembo brakes, but the Sales Consultant guide states that the option for the brakes will not be available until later in the year…dang!!!!!!!!!!

trukk
10-17-08, 05:50 PM
vote him off the island then

like i asked you guys to do back here
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1631901-post8.html

LOL, done. I voted punt.

-Chris

RightTurn
10-17-08, 05:57 PM
:golfclap:

urbanski
10-17-08, 06:24 PM
wut?

Cadillac Tony
10-17-08, 06:37 PM
Howdy guys! Sorry I haven't been around, but I've been playing in the 3 day Member/Guest golf tournament we sponsor every year, and have been resting in the evenings instead of Internet-ing.

I see they've officially released the price to the public, eh? Thanks to all those who were wise enough to read between the lines and have a little confidence in the information I posted- you guys rock. :thumbsup:

neuronbob
10-17-08, 07:27 PM
This is the day I've been waiting for. I'll take a base model, please, as I'm not that interested in the suede steering wheel or racing seats in what will be my new daily driver. :drool:

I'm still in shock that GM can even make a car like this, then just when you think they can't make the car any more amazing, they price it below the competition. I mean, just...wow. This will be my first American car in nearly ten years and I salute GM for making a winner, and Bob Lutz for having such great vision!

Cadillac Tony
10-17-08, 10:01 PM
If the Recaro seats aren't an item you're interested in, perhaps you'd like to stake a claim to one of the two I have ordered without them? Check the following link for details:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/152049-two-more-2009-cts-vs-available.html

ryannel2003
10-17-08, 10:30 PM
And to think 10 years ago the sportiest car Cadillac offered was the Seville STS... :eek:

caddiedrummer
10-18-08, 06:36 AM
And to think 10 years ago the sportiest car Cadillac offered was the Seville STS... :eek:

Hey, I had a 93 STS which I think was the first Northstar. Since then an XLR;an XLV-V; 4 Vipers and 2 Vettes and I still have fond memories of that STS. At 300 HP I thought I had a Lambo.:)

ryannel2003
10-18-08, 02:48 PM
Oh nothing against the Seville's... I love mine to death. However, compared to what Cadillac has today, the cars seem like barges.

luxilon
10-21-08, 07:25 PM
Tony, now that the official word on the base MSRP is out, I also see a lot prices being mentioned on this forum for the options e.g. $3400 for the Recaro's, $1450 for the ultraview roof etc. Are all the option prices pretty much official or not quite and are some (like the ultraview) simply taken from the base CTS?

One more thing, isn't Cadillac keeping the base MSRP artificially low by pricing it just under $60k but now charging over $2k for navigation (I seem to recall that most people thought this would be included in the base price)? For me the Recaros and the navigation is a must and this quickly adds about $6k to the base price.

GNSCOTT
10-22-08, 07:36 PM
Tony, now that the official word on the base MSRP is out, I also see a lot prices being mentioned on this forum for the options e.g. $3400 for the Recaro's, $1450 for the ultraview roof etc. Are all the option prices pretty much official or not quite and are some (like the ultraview) simply taken from the base CTS?

One more thing, isn't Cadillac keeping the base MSRP artificially low by pricing it just under $60k but now charging over $2k for navigation (I seem to recall that most people thought this would be included in the base price)? For me the Recaros and the navigation is a must and this quickly adds about $6k to the base price.

We have a winner! good Nav units sell in a store for $500, GM charges $2k and will proabably stick a 2 year old disc in it like they did on my 04. I am willing to bet the Nav was supposed to be standard and they just made it an option to get the $59k out and that is why it took so long. Once the rags started saying $59k, GM knew they had to keep it close to that. Sorry to say but No one, including Tony knew what the price was going to be. GM did not know. The price of metals has come down considerably in the past 2 months and I am sure that also played into it as well as playing with the options.

I'm def. waiting until spring when they will be well below msrp. I can handle driving the Z06 on the nicer winter days. Cant wait for someone to put 20's on the car. The wheels just look too small for me.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
10-23-08, 08:41 PM
I think everybody who is buying these cars should opt for the Recaros, suede wheel and navigation...that way when I go to buy one used, there's a better chance I'll be able to find what I want. :)