: Balky start on maggied V

MagnaV
10-17-08, 02:07 AM
I'm excited to be a part of the forum and wanted to make my first post, so...... I was wondering if anyone else has had slow/spotty startups with a maggied engine? I live in AZ so I don't think cold weather should be a factor. Anyone else experienced this?

heavymetals
10-17-08, 03:22 AM
My car runs like a pig till warmed up.

Twitch
10-17-08, 06:49 AM
Really? Mine starts up fine.

Heavy, you wanna trade :D

rand49er
10-17-08, 07:00 AM
Yup, a little bit here. Don't notice maybe as much as others since I have to drive 0.6 miles before I can go over 25 MPH (neighborhood speed limit). After that, it acts slightly lean till warm. At that point, throttle response is as rapid as you'd ever want.

jweymar
10-17-08, 07:53 AM
I did have those symptoms but since I got a dyno tune I havent noticed it at all...

qqik4u
10-17-08, 10:38 AM
No problems with cold start, It works all the time - Just the belt needs to warm up a bit to get the most of it. I am in VA

Mick

CadiBlk
10-17-08, 10:40 AM
Isn't Balky the guy from Perfect Strangers?

When I saw this thread, I thought that we had a celebrity among us.

Kmajecki
10-17-08, 10:50 AM
LOL i thought the same thing!
http://blog.random-squeegee.com/haikupics/balki.jpg

heavymetals
10-17-08, 12:19 PM
Really? Mine starts up fine.

Heavy, you wanna trade :D

I got no problem with it starting.

As for trading, I don't think so.......

Selling, maybe.

LUVMY04V
10-17-08, 02:47 PM
LOL i thought the same thing!
http://blog.random-squeegee.com/haikupics/balki.jpg

Dont Be Ridiculous :thepan:

CTSV_510
10-17-08, 03:20 PM
I'm excited to be a part of the forum and wanted to make my first post, so...... I was wondering if anyone else has had slow/spotty startups with a maggied engine? I live in AZ so I don't think cold weather should be a factor. Anyone else experienced this?

I haven't had any starting issues.

Can you give more details?

:welcome:

Twitch
10-17-08, 04:08 PM
I got no problem with it starting.

As for trading, I don't think so.......

Selling, maybe.
Yeah,,,a little late dude! :mad:

Might there be a new "project" in the works? :stirpot:

MagnaV
10-17-08, 07:18 PM
I haven't had any starting issues.

Can you give more details?

:welcome:

Thanks for all the responses! Well, I'm not too worried about it, I think rand49er said it best. It just runs a little off, probably lean from the extra air shoved in there, for about a quarter mile and then its back and rumbling the right way.
It also could have something to do with the previous owner not having it properly tuned, which is something I'm interested in checking. The warning light has come on before and the problem was found to be the sensor picking up too lean of a mixture which is explained by the charger.

Jweymar, what kind of results did you get from the dyno tune? What kind of Hp and torque gains did you see? How much did you pay? Did you ever have the sensor problem before you got it tuned? What mods do you have and what kind of numbers were you putting down on the dyno?

Im just full of questions!

PISNUOFF
10-17-08, 09:40 PM
Thanks for all the responses! Well, I'm not too worried about it, I think rand49er said it best. It just runs a little off, probably lean from the extra air shoved in there, for about a quarter mile and then its back and rumbling the right way.
It also could have something to do with the previous owner not having it properly tuned, which is something I'm interested in checking. The warning light has come on before and the problem was found to be the sensor picking up too lean of a mixture which is explained by the charger.

Jweymar, what kind of results did you get from the dyno tune? What kind of Hp and torque gains did you see? How much did you pay? Did you ever have the sensor problem before you got it tuned? What mods do you have and what kind of numbers were you putting down on the dyno?

Im just full of questions!

His number are in his sig:

2005 BlackRaven CTS-V 458RWHP/425RWTQ(Dynomite): Corsa Cat Back | UUC Engine & Trans Mounts | B&M Shifter | BMR Pinion Brace | BMR AWH | BMR Toe Rods | BMR Trailing Arms | Eibach F/R lower sway bars | MAGGIE | Ground Control 600F 650R | 18" HRE 841R w/toyo proxies R1R | BlueTooth/Ipod integration | custom molded JL10" speakerbox/punch amp | everything but headlights smoked.

Jayrcr3
10-17-08, 10:02 PM
Maybe you should send it to me and I will see if it makes mine run crappy.:bouncy: