: Headrest DVD

rjoffe
10-16-08, 06:03 PM
OK, A bit off topic, but can anyone recommend any headrest DVD players ?

qqik4u
10-16-08, 09:23 PM
OK, A bit off topic, but can anyone recommend any headrest DVD players ?

My car has the DVD headrests - You can take a look at the VII day. Are you still coming to the Sterling VA at 6AM to ride togather?

Mick

rjoffe
10-16-08, 10:58 PM
Yup, as long as I get up on time :D

What brand / source / cost are your dvd's ?

AAD
10-17-08, 01:15 AM
I would go with Vizualogic's. They look almost factory.

qqik4u
10-17-08, 09:44 AM
Yup, as long as I get up on time :D

What brand / source / cost are your dvd's ?

Brand: Audiovox
Source: Moore Cadillac dealer got them installed before I took delivery of the new car in 06 - Contact person was Jonathan Branco - This is before I knew Lindsay folks.
Cost: Approx ~ 1000

Model and Type: HR9000PKG - Two 7" LCD monitors and build in DVD Player.

The way they install is they give a new headrest instead of cutting into the existing one.

Hope this helps.

Mick

GMBOUND
10-17-08, 09:11 PM
I have Savv headrest.
I didn't want built in DVD because I use my radio and/or my Ipod for the video, plus there is RCA's available in the rear for the kids to plug in whatever they want.

c4ss
10-18-08, 03:25 PM
Source: Moore Cadillac dealer got them installed before I took delivery of the new car in 06 - Contact person was Jonathan Branco - This is before I knew Lindsay folks.

The way they install is they give a new headrest instead of cutting into the existing one.

Hope this helps.

Mick

qik, do you mean 1000 dollars as in 1000 dollars for 2, installed? I'm just wondering because I might eventually want to do this and I thought they were a lot more then that. Thanks.

-Matt

qqik4u
10-18-08, 06:36 PM
qik, do you mean 1000 dollars as in 1000 dollars for 2, installed? I'm just wondering because I might eventually want to do this and I thought they were a lot more then that. Thanks.

-Matt

Yes - both and installed

c4ss
10-19-08, 10:52 AM
Yes - both and installed

Wow, I got an estimate from a local audio shop to do this and it was around 2 grand to get it done. So the stealership is that much cheaper on this? I guess maybe they have special access to the headrests or something? Either that or the audio/video shop was really ripping me off I guess.

Dorrien
10-19-08, 07:33 PM

Hope this helps.

Mick

I have had some problems with Moore. The first time i went there to test drive a V they lost my license and when I asked them they said, well come buy a car and ill give you a 100.00 discount!! His name was Sam Salter or something, he said call him Uncle Sam, I called him a MuthaF(((( and went and bought my V somewhere else. Then recently I have been having a check engine light constantly on so I have taken it there numerous times. the last time i took it there i had a half tank of gas and my car was washed, when i picked it up a WEEK later it had no gas, was filthy, and they were supposed to leave my car outside and locked for me to pick it up in the morning..it was outside unlocked and the keys sitting on the drivers seat..so when i spoke to the manager they were supposed to give me 2 free gass coupons, and a free maintenance..well it took them almost three months and whenever i called the customer service lady in charge of customer satisfaction she kept saying the girl that was supposed to send it to me got fired..so i called the GM at his house one late night and needless to say i got my gifts 3 days later