: New spin on the old gas price threads,,,

onebadcad
10-16-08, 02:49 PM
In the past four years I have seen many threads posted about the ever-rising price of gasoline, with crude prices dropping, we will hopefully see sub-$2.00/gal pricing.

Last night I paid $3.299/gal for Mobil, and based on the failing price of crude in today's trading. my next fill-up will be less expensive.

I am sure that our other sites out there tracking local pricing, here is the one I use:

www.gasbuddy.com (http://www.gasbuddy.com)

urbanski
10-16-08, 02:59 PM
2.63 at walmart today

perfect
10-16-08, 03:02 PM
$2.59 for premium (91+) here in Kansas City

CtsVrod
10-16-08, 03:04 PM
Cool Site... Cheapest I've got around So Cal is $3.50 for 91. I'd love to see sub 3 dollar gas!

JD03Cobra
10-16-08, 03:17 PM
Paid $3.09 for Premium 93 Octane.

cobra29svt
10-16-08, 03:28 PM

same here

whisler151
10-16-08, 03:40 PM

Same here. :thumbsup:

onebadcad
10-16-08, 03:44 PM
Mine was Premium 93, needs to get much lower so we can spend more time in our Vs.

For those who use the gasbuddy.com site, there is a filter on the left side of the home page that allows filtering for the Gasoline Brand you prefer. Let's enjoy it while we can, as OPEC is meeting in two weeks and will inevitably try to lower production, disproving an earlier statement that they do not desire the target price over $100/barrel.

BTW, once the Chevy Volt hits the showroom, I will be done with V---JFWY!!!

CTSV_510
10-16-08, 04:07 PM
$8.00/gal for 100 octane around the corner from here....

But I use 93 and it's at $3.35/gal .

rand49er
10-16-08, 08:06 PM
Kinda makes you wish you could stockpile it somewhere.

The tax on gasoline will go way up after the election. We'll never see these prices ever again.

CtsVrod
10-16-08, 08:16 PM

The tax on gasoline will go way up after the election. We'll never see these prices ever again.

Should just buy an old Abandoned Gas Station, and fill up the Tanks - and have it for Personal use only - I knew a guy who Bought a Gas Station, turned it into a Restaurant and Tuning shop, put Race Fuel in the Tanks, it was very convenient. He'd have the guys in for Tunes and would supply the race gas on site (at a cost) Had a Cool Layout too.

Now you got me thinking :hmm:

hXc95SLS
10-17-08, 01:59 PM
Im shellin out 2.99 for 91 octane

nmaier2201
10-17-08, 06:06 PM

Both candidates will get rid of the taxes on gas? Did you swallow the blue pill man? I'll give out gas cards to everyone on this forum if Obama permanently repeals all the taxes on gas. Even McCain will only get rid of it for the summer or some crap, and history has showed us that regardless of who wins.... they'll get in there and forget all the crap they said and never do any of it.

:Offtopic: I KNOW I KNOW :hijacked: I SUCK I KNOW

RightTurn
10-17-08, 06:18 PM
He didn't say either candidate was getting rid of taxes. He said taxes will increase. $2.79 for premium in Houston.

urbanski
10-17-08, 06:21 PM
saw 2.46 at a walmart less 3 cents w/ walmart card

Jon
10-17-08, 07:28 PM
.99/L for Sunoco 94 today! Whooot!

GMBOUND
10-17-08, 07:36 PM
Not sure about Premium, V has been in the garage chillin with a full tank, I was able to pay $2.42 for E85 in the Suburban though!

You gotta love election years.
Hold onto your cheeks after Jan.

sleepys4
10-18-08, 01:27 AM
3.00 For prem. Im ATL.

Naf
10-18-08, 05:29 AM
Hehehe, i laugh at you all...The refineries around the world have taken you for a ride and you paid for it...

90 octane $0.80 per gallon
95 octane $0.94 per gallon
100 octane $1.30 per gallon
105 octane $3.62 per gallon (NEW)

This is the government set prices...

tdyguy2k
10-18-08, 10:36 AM
$2.96 for 93 octane Shell gas on the east side of Columbus @ 6 a.m. today.

nxlr8
11-20-08, 09:42 PM
Threads a month old... but I had to dig it up...

I just filled up with Premium 93 for $2.19/Gal at BP... that's the lowest I've paid since I bought the car in May '06! (Previous low price was $2.35 in Oct. '06)

After I filled up, I passed 2 more stations that were $2.17...

It's like a blast to the past seeing regular unleaded for under $2.00... and to think, that just 4 months ago was the HIGHEST I had paid, at $4.51/Gal

BacDoc
11-20-08, 10:33 PM
$2.07 here and we have one of the highest state gas taxes around.

Now those people who bought Jeeps and got gas at $2.99 for a year are pissed now.

perfect
11-20-08, 10:37 PM
$1.87 for premium

Kansas FTW

thebigjimsho
11-21-08, 12:18 AM
$1.99 for Premium in Mass...

c4ss
11-21-08, 12:21 AM
2.19 for premium in NJ, but I'll take it.

tdyguy2k
11-21-08, 05:44 AM
With regular here at around $1.58, I imagine 93 octane will be about $1.81. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I have to fill up.

urbanski
11-21-08, 05:50 AM
^^^nice
still 1.79 here

Bueller
11-21-08, 07:43 AM
$2.19 here and happy to pay it. It has dropped a bit I'm sure, that was last week.

A few months ago I paid $4.39

OldRoadDawg
11-21-08, 08:20 AM
Bah!! Wonder how much it will be next April when I roll the V out of the garage.

JonCR96Z
11-21-08, 10:04 AM
Here's the last 6 years of NC gas. So far I'm liking the current trend
http://66.70.86.64/ChartServer/ch.gaschart?Country=Canada&Crude=f&Period=72&Areas=NorthCarolina,,&Unit=US%20$/G

lollygagger8
11-21-08, 10:10 AM
$2.07 for premium in northeast IN. My right foot is happy again :)

p0ng0rs
11-21-08, 10:48 AM
Paying attention to gas prices is a waste of time, the difference per fill-up between all the gas stations around town is negligable at best, and regardless what the price is you still have to buy it unless you plan on walking somewhere. I have much better things to do with my time.

(now someone gets to point out the irony about me spending the time to make a post about wasting time on useless things ;) ) However I'm bored out of my mind today at work. lol.

bigREDfreshness
11-21-08, 11:10 AM
Paying attention to gas prices is a waste of time, the difference per fill-up between all the gas stations around town is negligable at best, and regardless what the price is you still have to buy it unless you plan on walking somewhere. I have much better things to do with my time.

(now someone gets to point out the irony about me spending the time to make a post about wasting time on useless things ;) ) However I'm bored out of my mind today at work. lol.

See, this thread for me isn't the difference around town (because yes, that's negligible), rather I'm interested in the difference it is today versus say two months ago. When I dropped $4.50 a gallon then versus yesterday's $2.20, yeah I don't mind 'wasting my time' to take part in the discussion. That's why I liked the OP's title 'New Spin...' since this topic is actually a breath of fresh air. I just wish that out here in the concrete jungle we'd see these sub-$2 prices that the rest of you guys are seeing. :drool:

p0ng0rs
11-21-08, 12:19 PM
See, this thread for me isn't the difference around town (because yes, that's negligible), rather I'm interested in the difference it is today versus say two months ago. When I dropped $4.50 a gallon then versus yesterday's $2.20, yeah I don't mind 'wasting my time' to take part in the discussion. That's why I liked the OP's title 'New Spin...' since this topic is actually a breath of fresh air. I just wish that out here in the concrete jungle we'd see these sub-$2 prices that the rest of you guys are seeing. :drool:

I was pretty much joking for the most part.. I personally don't pay attention for the reasons I mentioned.. no matter what I still have to stop and fill up when I'm near E, regardless whether gas is $1 or $10 a gallon. It is refreshing to see fuel prices drop and to see it only hit me for <50 instead of hitting the auto-shutoff's at 70 or 75.

Ferny
11-21-08, 01:49 PM
i have a question for you guys. are you guys picky with the type of gas you put in the V. like only chevron with techron, or shell v-power, or 76 gas. i use to be untill gas prices went crazy. but i still wont put gas from a not known gas staion. does that make sense? :hmm:

Jon
11-21-08, 01:52 PM
i have a question for you guys. are you guys picky with the type of gas you put in the V. like only chevron with techron, or shell v-power, or 76 gas. i use to be untill gas prices went crazy. but i still wont put gas from a not known gas staion. does that make sense? :hmm:
I only use Sunoco 94

tdyguy2k
11-22-08, 04:00 AM
Yes, I am picky about the gas I use. I only run Shell 93 in the V. I tried bouncing from station to station for price years back, and after a tank full with a lot of water and a tow to the dealer (it was a Ford), I switched to Chevron. No problems after that. Then I moved to central Ohio, and there are no Chevron stations, so I switched to Shell.

I too like the thread to see what others are paying around the country, as someone else stated. 6 weeks ago I was paying $4.31 a gallon. Today, it was $1.83. Just means that I can play a little more, and not worry so much about the mpg's.

Albertan
11-22-08, 05:30 AM
Speaking of water in gas. If you see a tanker dropping gas at your station, pass it by. Buy gas elsewhere or come back in a couple of hours. Dropping all the gas in the tanks stirs up sediment and water that is in ALL underground tanks. Doesn't matter which brand. Most stations use water finding paste when they dip the tanks so they can see how much water is in the tanks. How do I know? Many years ago I worked for a major oil company and was responsible for maintenance and repair of all service stations in our region. I used to send a crew out every year or so to pump the water out of the tanks.

MauiV
11-22-08, 07:56 AM
$1.63 here when I passed BP last night. I am fairly picky about my gas but I did get a bad tank about 2 weeks ago at a BP in Louisville, where they do all the anti-smog additives and my tuner said that the "winter gas" has started to hit local stations too.

When I can I use Chevron 93 and I added a bottle of Lucas to my 1st tank after running out the bad gas and it seemed to run fine. Its been in the shop all week while I was out of town and I am going to go pick it up soon so we shall see if its back to as good as new or not.

Twitch
11-22-08, 10:46 AM
I was pretty much joking for the most part.. I personally don't pay attention for the reasons I mentioned.. no matter what I still have to stop and fill up when I'm near E, regardless whether gas is $1 or $10 a gallon. It is refreshing to see fuel prices drop and to see it only hit me for <50 instead of hitting the auto-shutoff's at 70 or 75.
HATE that friggin auto shutoff. The shell near me cut me off at $50. The was when it was $4.65.
Its nice to save $30 on a fill up though.

aquill1
11-22-08, 02:05 PM
2 months ago $80 wouldn't fill my mountaineer up. The other day I filled her up with 20 miles to spare and I enjoyed $36 to fill her up (87 octane.)

Biggest thing I noticed about Texas gas is that most stations charge whatever they want for each octane. For instance 87 would be $2, 89 octane would be $2.18 and 93 would be $2.35.

When I lived in Michigan every gas station went up in .10 cent increments. There are some gas stations down here in Texas that have the same .10 cent increments but most aren't. What gives?

aquill1
11-22-08, 02:07 PM
Hmmm

mattyg50
11-28-08, 11:14 AM
im also new to having a v but what i want to know is do you have to put premium in it? can you put regular at times?

MauiV
11-28-08, 11:19 AM
I have never put reg in my V, but it can be done, just depends on your tune. I wouldnt do it unless it is just an absolute necessity.

mattyg50
11-28-08, 11:27 AM
i just got it and i have not filled it up yet, so maybe i will try the middle grade, its bone stock and i dont think i need to do any mods???

MauiV
11-28-08, 11:33 AM
Then I would run premium only, just like GM recommends, I run Chevron Techron 93 whenever possible but thats just me. You were paying $4.30 a gallon a couple months ago. Spring for the extra $0.20.

Since you dont have a tune, I wouldnt recommend changing up the grades.

tdyguy2k
11-28-08, 11:38 AM
HATE that friggin auto shutoff. The shell near me cut me off at $50. The was when it was $4.65.
Its nice to save $30 on a fill up though.

I always use a credit card when I gas up. No need to worry about auto shutoff that way.

tdyguy2k
11-28-08, 11:40 AM
i just got it and i have not filled it up yet, so maybe i will try the middle grade, its bone stock and i dont think i need to do any mods???

Those thoughts will change...without a doubt. :lildevil:

mattyg50
11-28-08, 12:00 PM
your probaly right!!!
i have been searching other post and see that people are getting around 16-17 mpg so thats not to bad

Those thoughts will change...without a doubt. :lildevil:

thebigjimsho
11-28-08, 12:04 PM
i just got it and i have not filled it up yet, so maybe i will try the middle grade, its bone stock and i dont think i need to do any mods???This has disaster written all over it...

The Boss V
11-29-08, 06:43 AM
around $2.50 in east bay area Ca woo hoo

onebadcad
11-29-08, 10:45 AM
Paid $2.25.9/gal for Mobil 93 octane yesterday in Greater Fort Lauderdale,,, at these prices the V will get more seat time!
OPEC meets again in two weeks to again discuss production cuts, but may not work, as demand is not increasing and many members will not cut deeper into their own revenues.

Mystical_Ice
11-29-08, 10:54 AM
pshh, there are several stores right next to my house that have had gas at $1.55 for a few days now.

Mystical_Ice
11-29-08, 10:57 AM

don't try middle or regular unleaded unless you plan on taking a long road trip with the engine at 2200RPM the whole time (read: no heavy accelerating). i've heard some members even see an INCREASE in fuel economy when they do that.

if you're going to be city driving, i wouldn't. I put 89 octane in mine once (by mistake... thank God i didn't grab the 'diesel' nozzle...), and I stressed about it for the next few days, don't think my RPMs ever went above 3000 :p

aquill1
11-29-08, 04:34 PM
I feel bad for the people paying such high prices for fuel. Here in TX gas was always about 20-30 cents cheaper/gallon compared to MI fuel. Right now MI is right where we are in the $1.50's. California is always higher. You'd think there would be some sort of gouging going on for this to be happening, especially when California is just as far as Michigan is from oil refineries??? My grandparents live in Oregon and their prices are always high like Cali, what gives?

Also the price difference between 87 and 91 or 93 isn't worth the possible problems. My x-type required premium and I put in mid grade and near the last 1/4 of a tank the car went into limp home mode and I couldn't go faster than 5mph. The 2-4 bucks more per fill-up on premium fuel isn't worth what could happen.

thebigjimsho
11-30-08, 12:31 AM
I feel bad for the people paying such high prices for fuel. Here in TX gas was always about 20-30 cents cheaper/gallon compared to MI fuel. Right now MI is right where we are in the $1.50's. California is always higher. You'd think there would be some sort of gouging going on for this to be happening, especially when California is just as far as Michigan is from oil refineries??? My grandparents live in Oregon and their prices are always high like Cali, what gives?
Taxes.

sleepys4
11-30-08, 02:49 PM
I paid about $31.00 last night to fill her up. That was 1.75 for premium. Good times!