: CTS-V Driving Event at Monticello, NY

louiefl99
10-16-08, 02:21 PM
http://www.cadillacdrivinglab.com/?

I received an invite to drive the new CTS-V at the Monticello Motor Club north of Manhattan, NY the weekened of November 7. Clink the link above for event info. Not sure how you can get on the list but looks like a blast. Just need to convince the wife that I need to go on a business trip that weekend to somewhere boring like Peoria...

nigwil
10-16-08, 02:44 PM
I'm in. When you register they ask you to complete a 20 question survey with some interesting questions about competitors (M5, RS4 and others).

I wonder if they would be brave enough to have examples of these cars at the Monticello event for comparison ;)

vperl
10-16-08, 03:40 PM
Got an e-mail invite also.....

Am looking at this hard, but since I live in the NW, it will cost me aboyt 1500bucks..but what the heck If I can get a buddy to go with me I wioll see what happens

vperl
10-16-08, 03:47 PM
Tony , I hope to meet you at the event....

SvB4EvA
10-16-08, 04:37 PM
I am registered, got an e-mail invite. I'm in for sure!

EDIT: MAN I AM EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon
10-16-08, 05:19 PM
Boooo, US only :(

vperl
10-16-08, 05:51 PM
Got an e-mail invite also.....

Am looking at this hard, but since I live in the NW, it will cost me aboyt 1500bucks..but what the heck If I can get a buddy to go with me I wioll see what happens

-------------------------

Checked into costs it is in a range now that I figure is about the right cost for the trip..... under 1K from the NWEST coast....

SvB4EvA
10-16-08, 06:58 PM
See ya there!!!!

thebigjimsho
10-16-08, 07:09 PM
Anyone want to shoot me an invite? I've already sent an email trying to horde an invite for myself...

atdeneve
10-16-08, 07:16 PM
Yea, give up some invites! Spread the love!

vperl
10-16-08, 07:20 PM
Gee, guys, I was saving a spot for TONY, but he is not here....

Looks like I will go.....but, I have to wait to see if a buddy wants togo first....

I can be bribed.....

Not above it at alll.....

daytripper
10-16-08, 08:59 PM
I'm in for Sunday. Taking the old V. Maybe we could set up a corall in the parking lot.

Read the FAQ on the registration site for details. No, you can't drive your own car, nor will there be competitors' cars available. You will get a drive in the new V, as well as the XLR-V and the regular CTS. All of Monticello's tracks will be in use.

Should be fun. I'll probably make a weekend out of it and take in the Catskills.

Brian R.

T3323
10-16-08, 09:13 PM
Unbelievable. Received the invitation this afternoon, tried to sign up, every session is listed as "Wait List".

Gee, thanks Cadillac.

bknyginy
10-16-08, 09:47 PM
im on the waiting list... what do you think the chances of getting in are?

SRT8/BMW
10-16-08, 10:11 PM
I will be ther for the sunday-8:00 a.m. session. Hope to meet some of y'all there..

:thumbsup:

vperl
10-16-08, 10:12 PM
Zero

V-Love
10-16-08, 10:43 PM
I wonder how the invites went out. I mean, what was critera.

jweymar
10-16-08, 11:33 PM
wait list ;(

ohmsc10
10-16-08, 11:45 PM
I go my invite and will be there Sunday morning. I can't wait.

vperl
10-16-08, 11:58 PM
Think it has something to do with the fact that everyone that got an invitation signed up for information on the CTS-V on the Cadiallac site, where it was zoom, zoom zoomin.. after a credit check....

Maybe that cut out the 13 year olds and the shills....

lawfive
10-17-08, 01:50 AM
Wait list.

chris1268
10-17-08, 10:39 AM
Wait list also

ba83
10-17-08, 10:46 AM
This sucks , no invite and I am only a couple hours away from the site

V-Love
10-17-08, 10:50 AM
Confirmed Sunday 12:30. Anyone else in that session? Anyone book a hotel yet?

SvB4EvA
10-17-08, 11:42 AM

Thats the session im going to. I live in NYC tho and I'll be driving home after the event.

Ketzer
10-17-08, 12:25 PM
I'll be at SEMA till Saturday. :( Just have to wait and drive my own at the track. :want:

Jeff-

V-Love
10-17-08, 12:40 PM
Thats the session im going to. I live in NYC tho and I'll be driving home after the event.

I'm flyin' into JFK and driving up w/ my brother from Wrong Island. We will be heading back Sunday evening as well. We might get a hotel room for Sat. night so we are fully rested and can get there early to liesurely check out the new Monticello track and the morning session.

SvB4EvA
10-17-08, 12:43 PM
I'm flyin' into JFK and driving up w/ my brother from Wrong Island.

Wrong Island, hahaha

How many new Vs do you think will be on hand? Must be quite a few of them... I wonder how many people are booked for each session? :hmm:

louiefl99
10-17-08, 12:51 PM
I'm signed up for Saturday afternoon and flying up from Florida. I have family in Pawling about 75 miles east that I'll likely be staying with.

daytripper
10-17-08, 01:41 PM

I'm in that session as well. Debating whether to stay at one of the recommended hotels on Saturday night, or drive straight there.

Brian R.

daytripper
10-17-08, 01:45 PM
Wrong Island, hahaha

How many new Vs do you think will be on hand? Must be quite a few of them... I wonder how many people are booked for each session? :hmm:

From the invitation, it states that they will be splitting the groups into three to run the three tracks simultaneously. CTS-Vs will only be used on one of the tracks, so I'd guess there will be relatively few of them there (maybe a dozen or so?).

Interestingly, the invitation states that "there are fewer than 75 CTS-Vs available to drive in existence", as the event precedes availability at dealerships.

Brian R.

thebigjimsho
10-17-08, 03:25 PM
Oh well, I guess I'm not elitist enough for Cadillac...

vperl
10-17-08, 04:11 PM
Oh well, I guess I'm not elitist enough for Cadillac...

Well, if you are lesser elite and a lessor credit number & position than I am, ( I got invite)
you are indeed as your own words have stated.

I am neither eleite or special. Just a working class guy for many many years.

atdeneve
10-17-08, 05:14 PM
Elitist or not, if you didn't sign up (submit your email to Cadillac) for future info on the CTS-V, you wouldn't have gotten an invite, regardless.

thebigjimsho
10-17-08, 05:22 PM
Elitist or not, if you didn't sign up (submit your email to Cadillac) for future info on the CTS-V, you wouldn't have gotten an invite, regardless.I did. Anything that comes to the V, I sign up for. In a couple years, not a big deal...

V-Love
10-17-08, 09:42 PM
I feel for ya BigJim. You should be there as you keep this forum in line. Mabey they will host a few of them. A few phone calls never hurt. They seem pretty nice at CadillacDrivingLabs.
I was thinking of bringing my mount. Then, I noticed it says you can't bring a video cam in the car on the track. What cheap setup could I use to put a lipstick/bullet cam on my person or helmet and run a wire to a battery powered recorder in my pocket. I think anything with a SD card should be good for a few laps.:sneaky:
I never drove Monticello and like to get the first time driving a new track on vid.
Monticello has over 400 ft of elevation changes!!! This is gonna be wild.

thebigjimsho
10-17-08, 11:28 PM
I feel for ya BigJim. You should be there as you keep this forum in line. Mabey they will host a few of them. A few phone calls never hurt. They seem pretty nice at CadillacDrivingLabs.
I was thinking of bringing my mount. Then, I noticed it says you can't bring a video cam in the car on the track. What cheap setup could I use to put a lipstick/bullet cam on my person or helmet and run a wire to a battery powered recorder in my pocket. I think anything with a SD card should be good for a few laps.:sneaky:
I never drove Monticello and like to get the first time driving a new track on vid.
Monticello has over 400 ft of elevation changes!!! This is gonna be wild.I like how you think...

CTSVLS6
10-18-08, 12:11 PM
Hi all. It has been awhile since I've been on the forum. I received the email from Cadillac and signed up right away for Sat. morning and I am on the wait list for now. I hope I get the chance to go and enjoy this new animal. Sounds like a blast.

OldRoadDawg
10-18-08, 05:00 PM
Hi all. It has been awhile since I've been on the forum.

Awhile...hah-ha
Like 2 years.
How ya doin' Paul? Are you missing the old V?

Yeah, I'm on the wait list also. Hope they give us sufficient notification time if we are selected.

V-Love
10-19-08, 01:44 AM
Just come anyway.... we could pull a mutiny!!!
Sorry, I live in the Keys and everyone is dressed as pirates this weekend.
Plus, I'm drunk!
Signing off now....

CTSVLS6
10-19-08, 10:16 AM
Awhile...hah-ha
Like 2 years.
How ya doin' Paul? Are you missing the old V?

Yeah, I'm on the wait list also. Hope they give us sufficient notification time if we are selected.

I am doing great. Yes I do miss the old V and the raw HP it had. It had to be one of the best cars I ever owned, other than the cheap rear end!!

What day and time are you on the list for? I would love to go too if selected, it should be a once in a life time experence.:thumbsup:

V-Love
10-21-08, 05:20 PM
Just booked my room for Sat. night. I want to be well rested before the Sunday afternoon event. Here is the hotel I'm at:
http://www.lodgeatrockhill.com/
$109 for the night. Mention Cadillac Driving Labs. They reserved a block of rooms for us.
I hear we will be able to run the XLR-V on the shorter course.
Leaving the Island Saturday if anyone wants to meet. I'll be in an Explorer so I understand if you don't.

SvB4EvA
10-21-08, 10:31 PM
I'll be in an Explorer so I understand if you don't.
hahaha :histeric:

RightTurn
10-21-08, 10:37 PM
Here, wear this. http://content.mainemoms.com/moms/blogs/uploaded_images/bag-over-head-766559.JPG

V-Love
10-23-08, 03:04 PM
Here, wear this. http://content.mainemoms.com/moms/blogs/uploaded_images/bag-over-head-766559.JPG
Harsh! But I'll be in a new V when I get there!!!

jdogg
10-23-08, 04:03 PM
Check http://www.garage419.com/episode/419_20080925 for a full lap video with the CTS-V at the Monticello track.

CTSV556
10-23-08, 07:26 PM
I have an invitation to the Cadillac CTS-V Performance Driving Lab which I won't be able to make. I have a confirmed (not wait list) registration on 11/09/2008 at 08:00 AM. Anyone interested?

atdeneve
10-23-08, 07:56 PM
Dibs!

SvB4EvA
10-23-08, 08:37 PM
Check http://www.garage419.com/episode/419_20080925 for a full lap video with the CTS-V at the Monticello track.
GREAT VIDEO!!!! :bouncy::highfive:

I cant wait to be there in person!

jdogg
10-23-08, 10:46 PM
I'll be there all 3+ days.

(I work there)

HammCTSv
10-23-08, 11:39 PM
Hi JDogg, you mention you work there (Monticello). Do you know whether the track will allow folks in to observe for this event? I, like a number of others, am on the waiting list also, but have given thought to trying to go up if it would be possible to get in (coming from North Carolina, I wouldn't want to be turned away at the gate after having come that distance). Thanks for any feedback you may have regarding this.

V-Love
10-24-08, 01:57 AM
I may pick this up if I can swing it...

Amazon.com: Twenty20 VholdR Video Camera with SD Card - --/--: Automotive

I hope they let it slide.

jdogg
10-24-08, 06:51 AM
Hi JDogg, you mention you work there (Monticello). Do you know whether the track will allow folks in to observe for this event? I, like a number of others, am on the waiting list also, but have given thought to trying to go up if it would be possible to get in (coming from North Carolina, I wouldn't want to be turned away at the gate after having come that distance). Thanks for any feedback you may have regarding this.

There is no spectator allowance in the facility and the limits on attendance are driven by parking and physical space at the track.

The waitlist is significant right now, and I think that there is a checklist at the gate to make sure that registered attendees with a printed confirmation are the only ones admitted.

jdogg
10-24-08, 06:53 AM
I may pick this up if I can swing it...

Amazon.com: Twenty20 VholdR Video Camera with SD Card - --/--: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Twenty20-VholdR-Video-Camera-Card/dp/B001IB7S5A/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1224823551&sr=8-12)

I hope they let it slide.

I don't think that you need to worry about getting a camera. At least not for the time st Monticello. Just a hint.

SvB4EvA
10-24-08, 07:32 AM
I don't think that you need to worry about getting a camera. At least not for the time st Monticello. Just a hint.

Funny you say that, because I found this little Easter egg in the last e-mail I received from cadillacdrivinglab.com.

"Can I bring a camera? Yes. In fact, we encourage you to bring digital and video cameras so you can share your experience with friends. For obvious safety reasons, we cannot allow you to film or take pictures while driving in any vehicle on the track. However, when you first step inside the CTS-V, you'll find that we've got this pretty well covered for you."

Now, I'm no rocket scientist but the last sentence of that answer seems to lead me to believe there will be some type of video recording or picture taking going on for you. :cool2:

Jammss
10-25-08, 03:04 PM
:thumbsup::bouncy::bouncy:I will be there sunday pm

nmerhaut
10-26-08, 10:49 PM
Hi Everyone,
Just joined the forum today and got my invite Oct. 16. My wife and I will drive up from Cleveland area. I shot the sponsors a question on the weather and if they had contingencies--hope to hear back. I usually hang out on the Corette Forum but since being rear ended 3 weeks ago, my '08 coupe is in for repairs and found this forum. Hope to see some of you at Monticello.

Junior1
10-28-08, 02:41 PM
Anyone have an invite or a spot that they can't use; please let me know. I'm not far and can blast up there real quick...(hint, hint $$$)

daytripper
10-30-08, 12:06 PM
The invitations state that they are non-transferrable.
There is a long waiting list they go to if you cancel your registration.

Brian R.

Junior1
10-30-08, 05:02 PM
filthy animals... there's gotta be someone I can bribe over there :)

dqw1
10-30-08, 06:57 PM
My reserved spot should be open for 1230 Sunday. Had to drop since I'll be TDY in Colorado Springs. Damn!

V-Love
10-30-08, 10:01 PM
My reserved spot should be open for 1230 Sunday. Had to drop since I'll be TDY in Colorado Springs. Damn!

Hope someone here gets it.
I also hope the onboard camera setup looks like this...
YouTube - Cadillac CTS-V at Monticello

I am so happy for this!

atdeneve
10-31-08, 06:16 AM
Monticello is a fun track. The full course is a blast! :bouncy:

I'm pretty sure they're gonna be splittin it up though. I would think they'd allocate the North course for the CTS-V, so that it can stretch its legs some on the long straights. After the main straight, I have to say, that tight chicane is awesome! If you set that turn up precisely, the 09 V should launch outta there real nice. :cool2:

Then after the down hill sweeping left, you have a hard, hard right, which is fun to shoot out of - love that turn. The next left is a hoot! And the following succession of turns is entertaining, as well. You'll come flying out of that last left turn onto the straight that leads down to the South Course.

The South Course is pretty tight. Favorite section is coming out of the hammer head (I don't know, it looks like a hammer on the map; don't know if they even have numbers for the turns yet), through the left-right transition, round the looong slightly inclined left, and down towards the double apex right (don't double apex that; just sacrifice the first right to set you up better for the second apex before the short straight).

Before the double right, there's gonna be some haaard braking, cuz you're gonna be picking up some good speed as you come out of the long left; make sure your cars settled and squared beforehand. I like to place my apex on that long left such that I'm tracking out enough to the right, so that I can just direct my car back to the left side in a straight line and basically be a bullet until I get to my braking zone.

If you late apex that long left (relatively speaking, since it already is inherently a late apex turn) you won't track out enough and, since your cars now gonna be sweeping left all the way through to the braking zone, you can't really get into the gas, lest you're comfortable with hard braking whilst the right side of the car is loaded. In that scenario you better be quick to listen to what your cars telling you and quick to react - don't ask me how I know. :rolleyes: Cuz, I don't! Hah! :D Bah! It's all probably gibberish, anyhow. Yooou'll see. You're in for a treat. :yup: Yes, it really is a fun track.

nmerhaut
11-01-08, 02:37 PM
Hi everyone, noobie here. Also got an invite to the event on Oct. 16. My wife and I will drive up from Cleveland Nov. 7, stay at the Best Western and hit the track at noon Sat. the 8th. I have an '05 CTS-V and an '08 Vette coupe. I've been following the CTS-V on websites for some time so I believe that's how I got the invitation. I was concerned about the weather but the hosts mailed me back "Rain or shine" so we're in. Hope to meet all of you that attend. I'll fill out my profile here if I can find the area. Stay safe.

thebigjimsho
11-02-08, 01:03 AM
Due to a very kick-ass and generous CF member, I'll be there bright and early Friday morning!

BOO-F'n-YA!

OldRoadDawg
11-02-08, 08:35 AM
TBJS..... see ya there Fri morn :highfive:

thebigjimsho
11-02-08, 02:59 PM
TBJS..... see ya there Fri morn :highfive:
I am forever indebted!!! :highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive:

V-Love
11-03-08, 10:22 AM
Nice! I know who will have the first forum member to give the Monticello write up. Warm it up for me!

thebigjimsho
11-03-08, 02:22 PM
And I even specified the automatic preference. I really want to see how good the auto version is. Plus, some left foot braking should be fun...

V-Love
11-03-08, 06:37 PM
I went manual but by brother requested the auto. We were hoping we may get to try both.

I wonder how many laps they will let us run. Those blind turns are tough to gas through on the first try.
I am officially studying the track once a night minimum. I also printed atdeneve's notes. Thanks for the writeup. They should be helpful.

dlaunt
11-03-08, 11:06 PM
Didn't get an invite so I guess I will have to take my 98 ETC out for a VERY fast ride and pretend. To all of those going please take a lap for me, and have a GREAT time.

jdogg
11-04-08, 12:17 PM
Check out the twitter feed that they have up now for the event - I think it went out in the email yesterday.

http://twitter.com/CTSV_DrivingLab

louiefl99
11-04-08, 12:45 PM
Regrettably, I've had to drop out of the event and freed up a pair of spots for whoever is next in line. Hopefully it is someone on this forum. Looking forward to the write-ups!

ohmsc10
11-07-08, 07:01 PM
Iam dying to here from anyone that drove today.

fadywwf316
11-08-08, 12:13 AM
so, who's joining me on the sunday 12:30 event time?

SvB4EvA
11-08-08, 01:00 AM
Iam dying to here from anyone that drove today.

i was thinking the same thing... i am surprised actually

I will be there! It is also my dads birthday and I invited him, what a birthday gift huh!??!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

offsight204
11-08-08, 01:36 AM

hey do you know if anyone could look just to look.:thehand: Or is this a private event?:tisk:

SvB4EvA
11-08-08, 02:58 AM
hey do you know if anyone could look just to look.:thehand: Or is this a private event?:tisk:

says in the e-mails that no one is permitted unless u are invited. :(

thebigjimsho
11-08-08, 08:27 AM
Youse guise are blind. Just because it's not in this thread doesn't mean a writeup doesn't exist...

OldRoadDawg
11-08-08, 08:28 AM
Yep. They won't let you past the main gate without an invite

jimbo1320
11-08-08, 08:45 AM
Go to this thread for pictures and event recap. (Eh, I've changed my mind on the '09 V... )

DaveCaldwell
11-08-08, 09:32 AM
The response to this program has exceeded even our highest expectations and all program slots were booked in a matter of hours. Should we plan another CTS-V drive event in 2009, those on this programís wait list will be among the first invited. In the meantime, we encourage you to contact your local Cadillac dealer to schedule a private test drive when the vehicles arrive in December. Until then, stay tuned.

David Caldwell, Cadillac Communications

chris1268
11-08-08, 10:09 AM
The response to this program has exceeded even our highest expectations and all program slots were booked in a matter of hours. Should we plan another CTS-V drive event in 2009, those on this programís wait list will be among the first invited. In the meantime, we encourage you to contact your local Cadillac dealer to schedule a private test drive when the vehicles arrive in December. Until then, stay tuned.

Good to see you on here David. I can't wait to see the write ups on the event. I wish I could have made it out.

offsight204
11-08-08, 11:09 AM
Damn this car is so close but yet is far away.I would love to see this car in person but is so damn hard to do so.December is around the corner but is still very far :crybaby:.Man i think im going to really have to wait...Well maybe is for a good cause:(

thebigjimsho
11-08-08, 02:26 PM
The response to this program has exceeded even our highest expectations and all program slots were booked in a matter of hours. Should we plan another CTS-V drive event in 2009, those on this program’s wait list will be among the first invited. In the meantime, we encourage you to contact your local Cadillac dealer to schedule a private test drive when the vehicles arrive in December. Until then, stay tuned.

David Caldwell, Cadillac CommunicationsThanks again guys! We were all amazed thinking about where Cadillac was 5 years ago compared to today...

Karaya Eins
11-08-08, 10:37 PM
The drive was fantastic! The Ring record car was there, and I got to lap in it.
What at blast!
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/dromanucci/IMG_2180.jpg

joependleton
11-09-08, 05:40 PM
I was one of about 300 in the sun am session. One of the CTS chief engineers was on hand and was extremely informative and receptive. The skies finally cleared and the track was dry. Drove the V six speed and the torque and power from this car is incredible. Got up to triple digits on the straightaway as most did and having a pro driver providing tips sitting next to me was worth getting up at 5am. The brembo's on this car stop this car in impressive fashion. Cadillac sponsored driver Andy Pilgrim was on hand and was very outgoing and informative and signed a pretty cool poster of his race car. The XLR session sports the 440 horse, but I dont understand why cadi does not make this 2 seater in a manual. At the end of the session a quick event review entitled all participants to a very cool pullover with cadillac and monticello race club patch on the exterior. They had 2 gents fly in from the UK for this and they probably will say it was worth the one in a lifetime experience. I believe if I decide to go 556 HP it would have to be in a six speed. Only 150k will allow you to join this club as a member--wow. Any quest's let me know.

nmerhaut
11-09-08, 10:19 PM
My wife and I were also there for the 8am-12 session on Sat. Just got home and posted a lengthy write up on the Corvette Forum under "Off Topic", Other Cars. Please post me with questions. PS: all of us will receive DVDs of ourselves because Cadillac had both interior and exterior cameras on for our second lap. They'll have to bleep out a lot of "Holy s***s".

CTSV IRA
11-10-08, 06:29 PM
Hi David,

I just wanted to let you know what a great experience my wife & I had on Sunday at MMC. It was the first time I was able to drive on a real race track. Everything was first class and all the employee's either Cadillac or MMC treated us like we were part of the family. What a nice surprise to receive jackets at the end after filling out the surveys. Nice touch !!!!
My main reason for attending this event was to test drive the new CTS-V. I am a current owner of a 6 speed Convertible 1999 Corvette with 115,000 miles on the clock. I am in the market for a new car and have been following all the updates on the 2009 CTS-V. I am not going to sell my vette because I love it so much and wasn't sure if i wanted to get a new Z06 or the new CTS-V. The chance to drive around in a family sedan and have the power of a corvette z06 is just amazing.
I heard a cadillac rep say at the event that people that attended will have a better chance by moving up on a wait list at the dealers purchasing a CTS-V. Is this true? I guess one thing that might stop me from purchasing this car is dealer sticker premuims. As you know a Z06 is being offered with a$10,000.00 discount. I won't pay a large premium just to own one so I hope to be loyal to GM customers the dealers won't do this. Anyway thanks again to cadillac for a wonderful experience and one I will never forget. Especially the 105 mph on the straight away with my wife wearing a race helmet in the back seat :) Can't get better then that. Any wisdom you can provide with the availablilty with this car and if it will sell for MSRP would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ira

HammCTSv
11-10-08, 11:46 PM

David,
Although I never got further than the waiting list upon signing up, I still would like to thank you guys for putting on an event like this. This is truly in line with the spirit of this car and kudos to Cadillac/GM for making the effort to enable folks to experience it in such a lively setting. This mindset truly has appeal to me as I am passionate about cars that can readily participate in club events at the track, yet can still haul around kids! I hope to have the opportunity to take a test drive in the near future. If you guys consider an additional drive event, perhaps VIR would be worth considering! :)

Thanks again.

TURBO BUICK
11-11-08, 03:02 AM
Hi everyone. I am a newbie to this forum and joined because I would like to purchase a CTS-V as soon as the stock market recovers. My wife and I were at Monticello on Friday Nov. 7th for the afternoon session and we had a blast. The XLR-V was a very nice car and fun to drive but naturally my choice would be the 09 CTS-V. This is one awesome car and like the poster above I also reached triple digit speeds. The XLR-V and the CTS-V handled the course like they were on rails thanks to the suspension and the Magnetic Ride Control as well as the Michelin Tires. The whole package was great. I also drove the #9 car that John Heinricy set the record in at the Ring. Those Sparco seats and the 5 point harness keeps you planted in the seat. There wasn't any time that I did not feel uncomfortable in the car even at triple digit speeds. That particular instructor was Top Notch as were all of them.
My thanks goes to all who made this possible such as Cadillac, all instructors, the Marketing group who set this up, the caterers with the lunch, Andy Pilgrim for his instructions on the North Course and of course Monticello Motor Club for their part. Thank you EVERYBODY.
Anybody know when we can do this again? Just like the woman that advertises in the AARP commercial,"Sign Me Up Now".
Rich

SvB4EvA
11-11-08, 03:44 AM

Thanks for stopping by the forums David. I had a great time on Sunday! I think it would be a great idea to make this an annual event!

V-Love
11-11-08, 11:24 AM

Yes, thanks for everything, Dave! It really was well put on. I came all the way from Florida and would do it again. Not too much waiting. They got us right into the cars. I was dreading the "time share" sales pitch. None of that. The cars sell themselves when you just toss the keys over. I wish we could have gotten a few more laps. Next time have some to sell on the spot. I would have left with one.
That is how Cadillac should represent itself. Making customers feel special. I'll be buying my 3rd V soon. DON'T GO BANKRUPT!

Albertan
11-11-08, 06:08 PM
David
I was one of many not invited, but since I live in Western Canada it would have been quite a trip. Just wanted to say though back a couple of years GM had a drive program in Las Vegas. For $10.00 I got to drive 2 GM performance cars. There was a line up. I chose a Red CTS-V and a Black STS-V. As a result of this drive I now own a 2006 CTS-V. These driving events probably are the best advertising a car company can do. Word of mouth is the best advertising.
ps By the time my local dealership gets the new V, I'd be doing a test drive in ankle deep snow so I think I'll wait til spring.

jasaero
11-13-08, 12:28 AM
Any current or former M5 owners make this event to give us a comparison??

FullMonte
11-13-08, 04:24 PM
does anybody know where/when/how we can get the video of our laps?

thebigjimsho
11-13-08, 04:25 PM
does anybody know where/when/how we can get the video of our laps?Someone mentioned they'll ship out DVDs...

SvB4EvA
11-13-08, 05:24 PM
Someone mentioned they'll ship out DVDs...

Yea, thats what I was told...

2008ZO6
11-13-08, 08:53 PM
Fortunate to attend the morning session on the 8th. Got to drive the V that set the record at Nuburgring. The V is one fantastic automobile. If I hadn't bought a ZO6 in August I would be very happy with the V. Car is super stable and predictable.

I thought the XLRV left a lot to be desired. Not impressed at all with the handling and the transmission and shifts was lacking. Handling was skittish, fairly obvious on the driver's vehicles too.

Since I own an AWD 2008CTS, I enjoyed the last portion and just seeing what the capabilities are of the vehicle. I'm even more impressed with the regular AWD after "pushing" it on the track, something I really have not tried on the street. Have about 15,000 miles on the CTS and it is fantastic summer-winter car with average of 21.4 mpg.

Cadillac has a super vehicle with the CTSV and regular CTS.

CTSV IRA
11-14-08, 10:42 PM
To: 2008Z06
I own a 1999 Corvette Convertible and was going to purchase a 09 Z06. I also test drove the CTSV at Monticello and loved it. If you didn't buy your Z06 yet would you have purchased the CTSV 09 instead.
Thanks

Ira

HPCC
11-23-08, 03:50 PM
Question for those of you that drove the Auto: how responsive was it to manual gear selection?

At least one of the articles I've read mentioned downshift sluggishness, but I got the impression the reviewer was letting the tranny make all of the shifting decisions in sport mode at the time (full auto).

thebigjimsho
11-23-08, 06:40 PM
Question for those of you that drove the Auto: how responsive was it to manual gear selection?

At least one of the articles I've read mentioned downshift sluggishness, but I got the impression the reviewer was letting the tranny make all of the shifting decisions in sport mode at the time (full auto).On my 2 quick laps everything, to me, seemed very quick.

David J Caldwell
11-24-08, 12:47 PM
Ira,
I can't speak to every conversation that takes place, certainly. Hope you enjoyed the driving event. That was a very unique opportunity. But actually buying the car itself is a different matter. Everyone has the same opportunity to buy or order a car. There are no special programs or access. As for dealers, they are able to set their own prices as they are independent businesses. As for "above sticker" prices - this is not something we've seen happen to a large degree in the past.

Dave

cts_mark
11-24-08, 07:16 PM
Hey all,

I was lucky enough to go to this event, I had no idea this forum existed I've been hanging out in the CTS forum since I got my 08 in August. Sorry, I'm a noob...lol.

Did anybody else see the display that they had set up downstairs where they had parts from the V on display? I saw the steering wheel and it looked like a lateral acceleration or "g-force" indicator on the DIC. I did not notice it in the car, of course who had time to look at the DIC during their laps...lol.

-Mark

CTSV IRA
11-26-08, 12:27 AM
David,
The event was great and a dream come true. I hope Gm survives the mess it finds itself in. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. i probably will buy a v after I see how the whole Gm story plays out.