: Ontario Fall Cruise - Who's Interested?

Jon
10-16-08, 12:44 PM
Ok so I just mapped it all out on a Google Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=Mississauga+Rd&daddr=Mississauga+Rd+to:Mayfield+Rd+to:Winston+Chu rchill+Blvd+to:King+St+to:Old+Main+St+to:Forks+of+ the+Credit+Rd+to:Hurontario+St+to:Charleston+Sider oad+to:Main+St+to:Riddell+Rd+to:HWY-109%2FHWY-9+to:HWY-11+to:HWY-10%2FHWY-24+to:Hockley+Rd+to:Airport+Rd+to:County+Rd+8+to:H WY-109+to:HWY-109+to:Queen+St+E+to:Cataract+Rd+to:Mississauga+Rd +to:43.820037,-79.942532&hl=en&geocode=FU5wmQIdUhQ_-w%3BFTK6mgIdoFI9-w%3BFQBtmgIdGv48-w%3BFcL5mgId3kA8-w%3BFYZUmwId7H88-w%3BFUo-nAId6BQ7-w%3BFdLUnAIdqO47-w%3BFRBBnQIdDlw7-w%3BFQjRnAIdwNc6-w%3BFQXBnQIdPpI5-w%3BFWgDngIdCS05-w%3BFTfxnQIda9E4-w%3BFTxangIdzbc4-w%3BFfqPngIdGrU5-w%3BFYi3nwIdlsQ7-w%3BFYoyoAIdcx07-w%3BFRxjnwIdAYE5-w%3BFaMYngIdADM6-w%3BFfDYnQIdnM85-w%3BFZVInQIdRkc6-w%3BFUyInAIdVd06-w%3BFXoKnAIdKoY7-w%3B&mra=mi&mrcr=20&mrsp=22&sz=13&via=12&sll=43.79873,-79.991112&sspn=0.090696,0.153809&ie=UTF8&ll=43.832546,-79.963989&spn=0.725153,1.230469&z=10

It may look confusing but just follow point A all the way to V. It's 148kms long and a very scenic route. Don't let the map scare you.

I did this with the Vette guys last week and it was a blast. I'm willing to arrange this for us Caddy guys if I can get at least 5 people to come out.

We would meet up in the morning at point A and head out. Lunch will be at point N.

What do ya say guys?

Pictures from the run with the Vettes: http://www.jon04ctsv.com/gallery7/

your maker
10-16-08, 03:50 PM
depends on the day??

rand49er
10-16-08, 04:48 PM
Do all those green things indicate a Brewer's Retail location, eh?

Jon
10-16-08, 04:49 PM
depends on the day??
It'll be a weekend day. Probably a Saturday with Sunday as a rain date. Sometime in the near future. If people show an interest possibly the weekend of the 25th.

ichpen
10-16-08, 04:52 PM
May be interested depending on the day.

Jon
10-16-08, 04:53 PM
May be interested depending on the day.
Saturday 25th with 26th as a rain date?

StealthViggen
10-16-08, 07:31 PM
I should be in, but need a confirmed date

Jon
10-17-08, 12:08 PM
Ok I'll set it for the 25th with 26th as a rain date.

Meet at 9am at Point A. There's a Tim Hortons there.

Who's in?

mgscustomtune
10-17-08, 01:45 PM
I will be there Jon are you bringing the girlfriend if so l bring the wife

Jon
10-17-08, 01:47 PM
I will be there Jon are you bringing the girlfriend if so l bring the wife
I'll bring my g/f if she doesn't have to work. I will check with her. My dad might bring his CTS too.

Let's hope we have enough cars to make this work.

GMBOUND
10-17-08, 08:44 PM
Jon, how do you make it without a radar detector?

Jon
10-17-08, 08:54 PM
Jon, how do you make it without a radar detector?

My eyes and common sense. Not sure if you read my post about picking up my dad's Vette but we drove to Cleveland. On my way back I was doing 95mph the whole way back from Cleveland to Niagara Falls. 2 speed traps and they never got me.

Slow down before going around blind curves.

Slow down before cresting blind hills/humps.

Notice any shadows under upcoming over-passes. Sometimes the guardrails get me and I slow down for nothing. But I'm very cautious. I'd rather slow down and be sure b/c by the time you can make out it's a cop car they've got you already.

If possible use a rabbit. Find someone going the same speed as you and let them get ahead. Follow them :D

Watch the cars from way ahead. If brake lights come on slow down. They're slowing down for a reason. I remember a couple years ago I was using a yellow Lancer as my rabbit. He crested a hump and the brake lights came on. I slowed down right away and as I crested the hump he had already been pulled over. There was a huge speedtrap.

Look in your mirrors! Cop cars come from behind too!

Watch out for Chargers, Crown Vics, Impalas, Malibus, etc. Most cop cars are the above, or some kind of car that's offered through a fleet program. Watch for cars with darkly tinted windows. Usually only cops get away with it, so if you see a car with really dark windows, it may be a cop.

I usually don't speed too fast, but when I do it's REALLY stressful because I'm constantly looking out for these things.

It's worked so far.

BTW: We'll be following the speed limit on our cruise.

GMBOUND
10-17-08, 09:14 PM
I use those same tactics, but the V1 still gives me one hell of an advance warning in most cases!
Good luck in your future endeavor

Jon
10-21-08, 08:30 PM
Cancelled since no one wants to come.

StealthViggen
10-21-08, 08:43 PM
What? I was down!

Jon
10-21-08, 08:46 PM
What? I was down!
No one got back to me about the 25th so I thought no one wanted to go.

Calling for rain this weekend anyways... Possibly snow LOL.

How bout this... If the forecast changes we'll go. You, Martin, and me?

StealthViggen
10-21-08, 08:54 PM
Werd. Call it on friday.

ichpen
10-21-08, 09:33 PM
Guys, you need a red car to set the pace. I'll confirm tonight (likely with g/f).

And Martin needs to give me my power back first..... :)

P.S. No interest if it's pissing outside.. Nothing personal. :)

Jon
10-21-08, 09:48 PM
Sounds good. Let's hope it doesn't rain. I won't take my car out in rain either.

rand49er
10-21-08, 10:17 PM
Dang! If you were doing SW Ontario, Point Pelee, etc, I'd sure like to join you. My grandfather was born around there somewhere, and I've got fond memories of the area.

Jon, where you have planned looks really nice, too, just a bit too far for me, however.

mgscustomtune
10-21-08, 10:38 PM
Jon l am in for sure. Nik l will bring my lap top

ichpen
10-21-08, 10:42 PM
May I throw out the suggestion of Sunday instead. No rain in the forecast yet.

Either way I say we call it Friday to confirm.

Cheers Martin. (P.S. Just refilled again, got 350km out of the last tank since we last met. Not great (and it seems not much more than your first tune). Lots of stop and go traffic. Damn downtown)

mgscustomtune
10-21-08, 11:04 PM
Jon Sunday would work better for me as well? So Nik the stock tune (currently ruinning)is about the same as the 91 hot tune in mpg ? But you notice the loss of power correct? Remeber winter gas is hitting the stations in Ontario we are all going to see a drop of in mpg. There is not a Engine on earth that does use more fuel in the winter/add in the additives refineries add to even drop mpg lower but will not effect a performance tune hp/tq
Nik Magnuson will give me a sweet deal on the superchargers if l promot there Superchargers at the shop

StealthViggen
10-21-08, 11:26 PM
I think I am good on Sunday as well. I have an open house at my place and need to be out anyhow.

Nik,

I think I saw you on Bay street north of Queen today around 5:30. First and only redline V I have seen in TO, and your pin stripe gave you away.

Jon
10-22-08, 12:40 AM
let's do Sunday

ichpen
10-22-08, 11:24 AM
Jon Sunday would work better for me as well? So Nik the stock tune (currently ruinning)is about the same as the 91 hot tune in mpg ? But you notice the loss of power correct? Remeber winter gas is hitting the stations in Ontario we are all going to see a drop of in mpg. There is not a Engine on earth that does use more fuel in the winter/add in the additives refineries add to even drop mpg lower but will not effect a performance tune hp/tq
Nik Magnuson will give me a sweet deal on the superchargers if l promot there Superchargers at the shop

Yep, looks like mpg is about the same with the stock tune so I'll just have my (or your) old 91 tune back please :)

Damnit, don't tempt me. I can just see myself putting on a maggie just as I switch to winter tires. :eek: We'll talk.

Looks like Sunday is set for now. Thanks Jon and all.

ichpen
10-22-08, 11:26 AM
I think I am good on Sunday as well. I have an open house at my place and need to be out anyhow.

Nik,

I think I saw you on Bay street north of Queen today around 5:30. First and only redline V I have seen in TO, and your pin stripe gave you away.

Yep, that's me. Haven't seen you around though. Did see a Silver V on Coxwell and a black one on Queen's Quay a while back.

There's also a new lease return at Marvin Starr (stock silver 06 with 25k on the clock) but man does it look beaten up on the outside... In case anyone's interested. :)

StealthViggen
10-22-08, 12:08 PM
I was in the Wife's volvo at the time. My car is at the dealer right now for some work.

Jon
10-22-08, 03:16 PM
Just want to give you guys an option.

The Vette guys are doing a cruise on Sunday to the Elora area. Apparently it's scenic, but I've never been there before. I told them I couldn't make it since we were doing our own cruise, but they've invited us to join them.

It's totally up to you guys on where you'd like to go. I'm fine with either place.

Hopefully the weather holds up.

StealthViggen
10-22-08, 03:38 PM
I'd be down for the Vett cruise. the more the merrier.

Jon
10-22-08, 08:12 PM
Nik? Martin? Join the Vette guys?

Martin. How much to bolt on a maggie? :D

ichpen
10-23-08, 06:13 PM
Already asked that question :)

Sure, have no issues with the Vettes as long as the road is good and doesn't resemble a freshly carpet bombed middle-eastern runway that I commonly refer to as Bay street.... Damn those sport shocks...

mgscustomtune
10-23-08, 06:43 PM
Cool see everyone Sunday Jon is at the same location and time you posted?

Jon
10-23-08, 06:54 PM
I'll post the meet up location when they decide on where we're meeting lol. weekend looks like rain so far though :(

StealthViggen
10-25-08, 06:22 PM
Weather seems to have cleared up. When and where we meeting Tomorrow?

Jon
10-25-08, 07:13 PM
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0696

Calling for rain the whole day. So far no plans from the Vette guys.

ichpen
10-26-08, 12:12 AM
I'm out guys. Won't be too nice tomorrow. Thanks Jon nonetheless. Another meet for sure.

Jon
10-26-08, 12:14 AM
I'm out guys. Won't be too nice tomorrow. Thanks Jon nonetheless. Another meet for sure.
No prob. I wouldn't have gone anyway with the risk of rain.

mgscustomtune
10-26-08, 01:32 AM
Yes it would have sucked in the rain