: Cts v2 delayed?

caddyhills
10-15-08, 11:52 PM
I was at my dealer (SoCal) yesterday, and my very informed service tech told me that a GM Honcho had been through the dealer a few days back and said they were delaying the release of the V due to the economy/credit crunch/dealer-automotive woes.

Is this true? Any dealer/company sources that can chime in on this?

I would understand that Cadillac would not a halo product to be sitting on the lot, but would that really be the case with this car? I have seen the pre-sale threads, has anyone cancelled?

Thanks for your info/input!

thebigjimsho
10-15-08, 11:55 PM
Spoiled rich girls have canceled in droves...

caddyhills
10-16-08, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE]Spoiled rich girls have canceled in droves.../QUOTE]

Okay... What exactly does that mean?

Do I take that as a no?

What about the delay?

Dualcams34
10-16-08, 05:26 AM
Production still on the books for the last week in Oct. The plant has been slowed just a little but should not effect the V build

urbanski
10-16-08, 05:53 AM
^^real info right there

JD03Cobra
10-16-08, 10:41 AM
I live 10 minutes from the GM Proving grounds in Milford. I see probably 2-3 every day on my way home from work. Some have manufacturers plates and some don't. I thought they were already released to the public around here. I wouldn't worry about a delay.

Also spotted the CTS wagon that had the V wheels on it.

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-16-08, 11:48 AM
I live 10 minutes from the GM Proving grounds in Milford. I see probably 2-3 every day on my way home from work. Some have manufacturers plates and some don't. I thought they were already released to the public around here. I wouldn't worry about a delay.

Also spotted the CTS wagon that had the V wheels on it.Spotted any V Coupes sporting around town yet?

JD03Cobra
10-16-08, 04:21 PM
Spotted any V Coupes sporting around town yet?

No not yet...But I have been spotting quite a few CTS wagons. They actually look pretty good.

Also see ZR1's as well...they would always travel in packs of 3-5 for what ever reason.

Jayrcr3
10-16-08, 06:23 PM
Also see ZR1's as well...they would always travel in packs of 3-5 for what ever reason.

Its a wolf pack looking for unsuspecting Lamborghini's:2thumbs:

vperl
10-16-08, 06:26 PM
answer is no....

why are select people being allowed in the next few weeks to attend a event run by the people at GM that made the CTS-V.

Even my buddy TONY knows the answer is, no.

Rider90
10-17-08, 02:06 PM
A friend of mine got a call from the dealer saying production was halted due to the V2's seats. They said the seats did not meet safety requirements, they could get him an 09 CTS-V with the regular CTS seats but not with the V seats. If it were me I would be laughing over the phone and proceed to take my business elsewhere, but figured I should ask. Anyone else heard this one yet?

vperl
10-17-08, 02:57 PM
A friend of mine got a call from the dealer saying production was halted due to the V2's seats. They said the seats did not meet safety requirements, they could get him an 09 CTS-V with the regular CTS seats but not with the V seats. If it were me I would be laughing over the phone and proceed to take my business elsewhere, but figured I should ask. Anyone else heard this one yet?

What a load !

Tony, go after this guy

Rider90
10-17-08, 06:06 PM
Found this:

And ( apparently ) ventilated seats are NOT
standard on the CTS-v - odd...

"KB6 Seats, heated/ventilated driver and front passenger
1 - Included and only available in (PDW) Performance Luxury
Package or (PDQ) CTS Premium Collection.
2 - Included and only available with (W2E) Recaro performance
seats."

Must be something with #2, I remember hearing Recaro.

Cadillac Tony
10-17-08, 06:39 PM
As I posted in another thread, the Recaro seats are no longer orderable for a short time due to a supply issue. Orders that are already in the system with the Recaro option will be built as ordered, but any orders placed during this period will come with the standard seat. I'd be willing to bet that 95% of the initial orders included this option, so I'm not surprised.

Once the seat supplier is able to deliver more seats, the Recaros will become available again.

Rider90
10-17-08, 06:44 PM
As I posted in another thread, the Recaro seats are no longer orderable for a short time due to a supply issue. Orders that are already in the system with the Recaro option will be built as ordered, but any orders placed during this period will come with the standard seat. I'd be willing to bet that 95% of the initial orders included this option, so I'm not surprised.

Once the seat supplier is able to deliver more seats, the Recaros will become available again.
Good to know. Thank you.

BacDoc
10-19-08, 08:26 PM
I passed a gray one in TN today.

Cadillac Tony
10-20-08, 01:45 PM
According to my source the supply issue with Recaro has been handled, and production will begin on Wednesday as planned.

gothicaleigh
10-20-08, 02:59 PM

Well ****. This is outrageous. First the delays and now this?!
I'm cancelling my order. No V2 for me.

What the hell GM? <stomp stomp stomp>

:shifty

urbanski
10-20-08, 03:57 PM
^^yeah :mad3:

gothicaleigh
10-20-08, 04:41 PM
^^yeah :mad3:

Yeah!

Honestly, I can't afford one... but if I could!
Ooooh. <shakes fist in the air>